Sign in to follow this  
alfa

Something weird happened

Hi All :)

I was just lying down, watching my breath. Soon I was totally relaxed, but NOT asleep. I was awake. I was conscious.

Something weird happened. I saw images, as we do while dreaming (continuous images that run like a story, NOT random thoughts), but I wasn't asleep, so it can't be called a dream, right? But if not a dream, what was it? Was it hypnagogia?

Put simply, my situation is like this:

* Meditated to reach relaxed state

* Saw continuous images (like a story), similar to dream

* But I was fully conscious that I was seeing those images in meditation, so it couldn't be a dream

* What then was it, hypnagogia?

Sorry for breaking it down like this, but it seems important to know what I experienced. <_<

what else do you think it could be? Kundalini? crown chakra opening? aliens invading your brain?

Id go with the Hypnagogia theory though.I often get this after a hard day at work.I lay down down and fall into this half sleep/waking state but am still fully aware of my body and sarroundings

Nothing weird or special about it really

i'd say try not to get caught up in classifying the experience. neither hold on to it. it was just a moment in time.

many more await.

Hi All :)

I was just lying down, watching my breath. Soon I was totally relaxed, but NOT asleep. I was awake. I was conscious.

Something weird happened. I saw images, as we do while dreaming (continuous images that run like a story, NOT random thoughts), but I wasn't asleep, so it can't be called a dream, right? But if not a dream, what was it? Was it hypnagogia?

Put simply, my situation is like this:

* Meditated to reach relaxed state

* Saw continuous images (like a story), similar to dream

* But I was fully conscious that I was seeing those images in meditation, so it couldn't be a dream

* What then was it, hypnagogia?

Sorry for breaking it down like this, but it seems important to know what I experienced. <_<

Hi alfa, :)

Seeing visions during meditation is a normal phenomenon. It occurs so often for me that I just ignore them because they are sort of a distraction. (I pay attention to the persistent visions, the ones that don't go away after you've stopped meditating). At the AYP forum and in Yogani's lessons, he says you are supposed to ignore the visions/images.

I did notice that one time when I meditated lying down, I entered a state in which I saw continual videos or dreams (people and things moving around like real life.) I think the supine posture precipitates lucid dreaming or third eye activation. Again, the shows (continuous images) are a distraction but still very interesting as a phenomenon. It seems like willful effort to remain conscious while relaxing the body will put you into or past the dream state while maintaining a link to your usual consciousness.

If you are interested in developing your meditation, I would join a group or check out the AYP forum. Yogani has free lessons online and the forum is full of nice respectful meditators. It is a good place to ask questions, learn about meditation (stillness or deep silence meditation) and read about others' experiences.

:)

TI

Sign in to follow this