Pranaman

just started T'ai Chi

Taijiquan is much more physically (and mentally) demanding than it looks.

Take it slow - the persistent tortoise beats the hare every time!

And Chen Style can be very physically demanding. So take it easy, listen to your body, and importantly enjoy the journey :)

p.s. My Sifu knows Chen style, he originally taught us Yang and once we learn Tong Long Kung Fu (at least another 5 years, if I'm lucky) he will then consider teaching us Chen.

Chen can be demanding yes, i still feel my legs from 2 days ago haha. Our teacher was in the mood and made us hold postures for 2 hours joy joy :D

Chen can be demanding yes, i still feel my legs from 2 days ago haha. Our teacher was in the mood and made us hold postures for 2 hours joy joy :D

HEHEHE

I make my students do 40 minutes of Qi Gong first, then break for a bathroom because they de-toxify...

then teach one or two postures inwhich they will hold each one for 5 minutes each. hahaha

After, show application, and have them practice the part of the form they just learned for another 30 minutes before another rest. After that, alignment practice, rooting, and a bit of application before they go home ^_^

HAHAHA

Peace,

Lin

HEHEHE

I make my students do 40 minutes of Qi Gong first, then break for a bathroom because they de-toxify...

then teach one or two postures inwhich they will hold each one for 5 minutes each. hahaha

After, show application, and have them practice the part of the form they just learned for another 30 minutes before another rest. After that, alignment practice, rooting, and a bit of application before they go home ^_^

HAHAHA

Peace,

Lin

Yeah lol, in general our class goes about the same way you describe here. Sometimes a bit more form, sometimes a bit more applications. Not this week though, it was obvious our teacher wanted to make us sweat :)

I didnt mind at all, had tons of energy afterwords :-O Think he wonna make lil CXW's out of us hehe.

Cheers !

It's actually probably very connected. Especially if your standing there. It's a seasoned school. It's kinda like a shock to the physiology. Taichi is full of unconventional movement. Here's to getting rid of the ring rust.

Edited by Spectrum