emily

Presence Process

http://www.thepresenceportal.com/

Seems like this would be of interest here....Have just received a new book called the presence process by michael brown. seems like a really genuine guy with a no frills approach to integrating more presence into daily life. he healed himself of horton's syndrome by applying the techniques he teaches for awareness of the present moment. he utilises connected breathing and other tools to form a ten week course to redirect our focus from the mental to a more balanced emotional and physical experience. Have started reading today, seems good so far.

Will post my experiences after finishing.

love emily

• Like 2

"No one is coming to save us from ourselves."

quote nightwatchdog

:)

Edited by rain

Seems like this would be of interest here....Have just received a new book called the presence process by michael brown. seems like a really genuine guy with a no frills approach to integrating more presence into daily life. he healed himself of horton's syndrome by applying the techniques he teaches for awareness of the present moment. he utilises connected breathing and other tools to form a ten week course to redirect our focus from the mental to a more balanced emotional and physical experience. Have started reading today, seems good so far.

Emily, I've just begun this book as well. I'm just at section three, where I start the actual process itself. Are you still reading this? I'm really enjoying it.

Best,

Sean

love emily

I started reading this yesterday and got to the end of first chapter. So far, what he says makes complete sense! Seems like a great book. Are you planning to go through the 10 week schedule?

Hey guys,

I just recently bought this book also. I'm on the second chapter and am incredibly impressed. I'm not sure if I will go through the 10 week course however, as I wonder if the additional mechanics beyond frequently accessing and existing in present moment awareness are necessary. He states that being in the present moment (which seems to be equivalent to the non-dual state as described in various traditions, particuarly Zen, Dzogchen and others) is characterized primarily by a profound gratefulness for living, and also joy, bliss, No-thought, and loss of the sense of the separate self. And that, as I understand it, by living in this state increasingly over time all psycho-emotional and external imbalances will naturally clear without contrived effort from "me". A simpiler version of this may be found in Zen where one just sits and drops everything, thus, arriving at the realization of our original face. Perhaps the presence process is an expedited version of the documented Zen process and others.

In any case, I very much look forward to hearing everyones personal experiences with this.

In kind regards,

Adam.

• Like 1

someone on a website said that its like going to hell and back. theres some truth in that. its is something i will do again because i think it is a fantastic method and i am grateful i started it because it has brought to my attention things i wasnt consciously aware of that have probably greatly hindered my life.

Edited by emily
  • Like 1

Most fascinating. I will order it when I get paid :)

Cheers for bringing this to my attention Emily! Am indebted to you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have faced my demons before and I know I will need to do it again sometime - a manual will be useful :D

Any more progress updates?

As I've found Michael Brown is at least definitely worth listening to, his process may be worth a good shot too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4-Dz7hlKA&t=38m35s

The vibrational is the causal point of everything. It really does know no order of difficulty if we allow it to be the causal point. Open the portal. All that's required is the emotional body. That's why I say that the emotional imprinting of our first 7 years is deliberate. It's not very pleasant if we're in victim mentality and blaming the world, and if we're in the lowest chakras...but once we move ourselves up, and we start processing it, we'll see its deliberate. Because whatever happened to us...contains everything that's required for us to open the portal. It's already given, its already there - it's just a matter if we want to respond to it, or we want to spit it out...

What we don't like and try and change in our children is what we haven't dealt with in ourselves.

His "revisionist" interpretation of Jesus's crucifixion (and Campbellian Apostasis) is also very insightful...
monomyth.jpg

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

I am a huge fan of Michael Brown and TPP. After going through TPP I felt like I really grew spiritually. Through the process I had my first waking visual. I felt energy flowing through me and my body as ecstatic energy. It was also after finishing TPP that I experienced The Witness for the first time.

I will say that TPP is not easy. I would recommend you do it chapter by chapter and have a group in this thread to talk to, who is also going through it. It was the first time I had really worked with the emotions, with the energy of emotions instead of always trying to suppress them and it scared me to death.

This is not easy but it is so worth it. The lessons I still use today and are extremely valuable.

Here is a link to a thread at AYP that I started about TPP where many others have shared there experience going through it.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13230&SearchTerms=process

If you are reading this thread and want to get an idea of what TPP is like. Here is one of his writings that I share often with valuable lessons on how to integrate emotional upsets.

http://www.thepresenceprocessportal.com/resources/Landing%20Out%20Of%20The%20Mental%20Plane.htm

All the best,

Tom

Edited by Jonesboy
  • Like 5

OK, well I had finished the 10-week process almost a year ago - with no major breakthroughs during it... :glare: I guess I was a hard nut to crack.

However, his teachings had stayed with me in the back of my mind, and recently I was just able to implement them unintentionally via my own fashion.  Nearly a whole year later!  Well, seeds sometimes take some time to sprout and at least always better late than never...!

Anyways WHEW, it is all just like he said!  I've already had 3 catharses in just the last week.  I could probably have many more too, but I need a little space to allow them and they're pretty draining/exhausting at the time.  Because you are just staying there there feeling them with no judgment - which you had previously always run or hid from.

Well, I know exactly what he is talking about now with the emotional vs the mental "bodies," now - and have found my own doorway to my emotional layer.  It's no longer just theoretical, but actually experiential.  For now it takes a little time, but maybe later I will "reside" there more or be able to just enter it instantly in real-time whenever needed.  Because I can clearly feel the immense healing power in this method and emotional level.  So, I'm eager to see how much it can help clear more of my inner junk out.

This is REAL SPIRITUALITY, folks!  Certainly at least one vital step in it!  After you get past all the New Agey infatuation phases with IMPERSONAL (& less relevant) super siddhis, secret schools, special techniques, sacred spaces, ancient aliens, etc...you'll find out how much of it is simply about healing your own PERSONAL (& more relevant) human emotional traumas...

Nothing fancy, extremely simple, and yet profoundly powerful = DAO!

Edited by gendao
  • Like 4

I am a huge fan of Michael Brown and TPP. After going through TPP I felt like I really grew spiritually. Through the process I had my first waking visual. I felt energy flowing through me and my body as ecstatic energy. It was also after finishing TPP that I experienced The Witness for the first time.

I will say that TPP is not easy. I would recommend you do it chapter by chapter and have a group in this thread to talk to, who is also going through it. It was the first time I had really worked with the emotions, with the energy of emotions instead of always trying to suppress them and it scared me to death.

This is not easy but it is so worth it. The lessons I still use today and are extremely valuable.

Here is a link to a thread at AYP that I started about TPP where many others have shared there experience going through it.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13230&SearchTerms=process

If you are reading this thread and want to get an idea of what TPP is like. Here is one of his writings that I share often with valuable lessons on how to integrate emotional upsets.

http://www.thepresenceprocessportal.com/resources/Landing%20Out%20Of%20The%20Mental%20Plane.htm

All the best,

Tom

The aypsite needs a login it seems, otherwise it doesn't show any content?

The second link is good, amazing how one can forget such a simple process.

Edited by johndoe2012

The aypsite needs a login it seems, otherwise it doesn't show any content?

The second link is good, amazing how one can forget such a simple process.

AYP removed the thread as they felt the practice was dangerous.

I argued that two people sending Yogani a letter is not proof and that they should have been asked to post in the thread so that people with experience can help.. as well as figure out what they were doing.

It basically led to me being removed as a mod at AYP because I challenged the process...

• Like 2

AYP removed the thread as they felt the practice was dangerous.

I argued that two people sending Yogani a letter is not proof and that they should have been asked to post in the thread so that people with experience can help.. as well as figure out what they were doing.

It basically led to me being removed as a mod at AYP because I challenged the process...

Let's be honest here...

It was not AYP so it was removed. Yogani is becoming more and more restrictive about content outside of his specific system of practices.

• Like 2

I am on week 7 at the moment, only a few weeks left..  probably shouldn't say too much at the moment but can comment more in a few weeks. My main tips for it though are:

- Only do it using the second version of the book, it varies a lot from the first edition

- Do it exactly as Michael Brown says to do it, don't add anything, don't do loads of other practices at the same time

- Keep going

• Like 2

Its silly to say it is dangerous though, it is just breathing for two 15 minutes sessions a day, nothing is forced. 

• Like 2

I guess a couple of people had panic attacks.

I know in the version I have he adds an energy practice at the end that can overload someone real quick.

Working with the emotions for me wasn't easy. Of course I used every conversation, every situation as a means of being in my body.

But yes, Karen is right, if it is not AYP it is pretty much gone. If Yogani say's a thing there is really no debate and if you do... well, you are removed :)

• Like 1

I am on week 7 at the moment, only a few weeks left..  probably shouldn't say too much at the moment but can comment more in a few weeks. My main tips for it though are:

- Only do it using the second version of the book, it varies a lot from the first edition

- Do it exactly as Michael Brown says to do it, don't add anything, don't do loads of other practices at the same time

- Keep going

I used the first version (2005), not second (2010) - and had no "problems," whatsoever...

And even now after I actually cracked my mental nutshell - my catharses were nothing to be afraid of, much less "dangerous."  I've never had anything even approaching a "panic attack."  Just to give another counterbalancing experience out there... ;)

I guess a couple of people had panic attacks.

I know in the version I have he adds an energy practice at the end that can overload someone real quick.

Working with the emotions for me wasn't easy. Of course I used every conversation, every situation as a means of being in my body.

Yea, after finding the doorway now...I've only gone through it sparingly when I have the time and the space.  Because going there is a bit time-consuming and exhausting.  Although hopefully that will get easier with time.  As eventually, I hope to go there with every emotionally-charged interaction - to really live fully and authentically from another deeper level. B)

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

Although the first edition of the book contains the fundamental intention and method, Michael Brown changed a lot of things for the second (2010) edition. For example nearly all of the presence activating statements have changed wording and there is a big reduction in the required water sessions. The changes were made after his experiences with the process being public so I would go with the improved version .

I guess it is possible that the process could bring on panic attacks by connecting someone with their already existing fear, so it wouldn't create the panic as such rather bring out what is already within someone, but if you were to keep on going the process would also help to bring to resolution the panic by helping to move you through the experience rather than it always being there just under the surface.

• Like 1

I have been a great fan of Michael Browns work (the presence process and his follow ups) because it mirrored so much of what i have been taught from within when my kundalini awakened.

I have suggested it here on the forum  several times as for me it is the work to mature us as humans and i think we need maturity in this world.

It is clear from amazon comments and personal experience with others that one really needs to be ready for this work because we do everything we can to avoid our "inner hell".

I would also say it is very important to follow the process exactly like Michael Brown says and also very important is that the activation statement (the statement we make prior to the process) consists a lot of the word "gentle" :-)

the only thing i do not like with his work is he is too anti-mental. I can understand why (because it is important to get out of the story) but for me he has taken that a bit too far. that is why i suggest to also explore Scott Kilobys work also (same work but from  an different angle and more gentle)

• Like 1

I forgot but as I was going through TPP I was also reading the book Insight Dialogue.

I will post the instructions and I think for those who have gone through TPP, they will be able to see how to implement it with Insight Dialogue during a conversation.

Pause is a reminder to yourself, given inwardly, to stop for a little while. But what stops?
It’s the habit mind, the compelling intrigue of your own thoughts. So pause is a call to
stop and shift fully into awareness, into the here and now. At this moment, you may
notice what thoughts, emotions, and sensations are coursing through you, with all of their
elements of desire and aversion. Pausing can illuminate what’s happening with you as
you listen or talk to others. Pausing corresponds to meditation practice itself.

Relax is an intention you bring to the tension you find in your body when you settle into
the pause. You may notice what the tensing is related to as you feel into the tightness or
contraction with curiosity and acceptance. With a scary thought, you pause, relax, and
begin again. You let everything be and invite the part of your body that’s tense to let go.
You turn toward whatever you’re holding in your body and simultaneously toward your
mind with loving-kindness and compassion. You let it be and let it go again and again.

Open involves extending the friendly acceptance and mindfulness you cultivating in your
personal meditation practice to the external world and specifically to those you’re
engaged with in communication. It’s an agenda-free receptivity toward the external world
that may be first cultivated personally, independent of others. Opening to nature can be a
good place to begin, providing a context in which you can feel very safe in opening. You
can open to a forest or an ocean, the sky or the desert, or even a flower. Open your heart
– extend loving kindness where you like. You might go for a walk in the rain or find a
place where you can open to a star-filled night.

Trust emergence invites you to remain poised in the open space that you’ve created by
pausing and relaxing. You allow whatever may come up without rushing in to fill the
space out of some need or discomfort. Think of it as trusting that something will emerge
when the moment is right, or trusting whatever emerges, without clinging to the past or
preconceptions about the future. In social contexts, it means allowing the conversation to
form within the interaction without trying to control or manipulate it. Trust emergence is
being present, on purpose, in this ever-changing moment with acceptance of whatever
arises.

Listen deeply means becoming a receptive field that receives the words and feelings
expressed by another person. The invitation is to listen with kindness and compassion and
allow yourself to be touched by another human being. This kind of listening is patient,
nonjudging, and free from personal agendas. The attitude of listening deeply is a
willingness to feel with and experience the thoughts and feelings of another human being
without personalizing what you hear, meaning misinterpreting it on the basis of your
personal concepts or preferences.

Speak the truth means to be honest with the person you’re interacting with. It’s straight
talk in the sense of saying things as you perceive them to be. The intention is to express
what’s useful and appropriate with attention to goodwill and without cruelty. This is the
union of mindfulness with virtue, morality, and mutuality. Is what you are saying true? Is
it beneficial? Is it kind? Is it offered in goodwill? It’s important to consider all of these
questions, as speaking the truth calls for not only honesty, but also a sincere intention not
to injure others. A helpful guideline is to consider the golden rule and speak to others as
you would like to be spoken to.

• Like 2

I forgot but as I was going through TPP I was also reading the book Insight Dialogue.

I will post the instructions and I think for those who have gone through TPP, they will be able to see how to implement it with Insight Dialogue during a conversation.

This might be good stuff, but i wouldn't try do it during the Presence Process.

• Like 1

I`ve been inspired by this thread, and am now halfway through reading the second edition of the book.  He has some startling insights, really wonderful.

Thinking I`ll give the process a go.  One thing though, I gather that part of it involves immersing yourself in warm water, like a bath?  (Haven`t gotten to that part of the book yet.)  That might be challenging as I don`t have a bathtub or access to one.  Are baths an essential part of the process?

• Like 1