Pranaman

Tan Tien Chi Kung before MO

Well no one else is answering yet...

I think it's good to first fill up the dan tien by doing embryonic breathing, and celibacy or retention. Then you can feel the MO instead of blindly searching for it. But I'm just a beginner at all of this...

is it good practice to do Tan Tien Chi Kung before MO?

Since the MO is taught last in the series of lessons in the Tan Tien Chi Kung course, we can reasonably infer the tradition itself or at the adepts that composed the course intended one to practice the iron shirt and other chi kung practices before the MO. I would suggest you follow the course as is. However, there may be good reasons to go straight to the MO, particularly if you have training and experience from other traditions. Yet, it seems to me, generally speaking, it may be better to start with the basics and work up to it; as there appears to be a pattern of holistically and systematically developing and strengthening the nervous system. As a general heuristic, being methodical often hightens probability of a desired outcome.

In kind regards,

Adam.

Since the MO is taught last in the series of lessons in the Tan Tien Chi Kung course, we can reasonably infer the tradition itself or at the adepts that composed the course intended one to practice the iron shirt and other chi kung practices before the MO. I would suggest you follow the course as is. However, there may be good reasons to go straight to the MO, particularly if you have training and experience from other traditions. Yet, it seems to me, generally speaking, it may be better to start with the basics and work up to it; as there appears to be a pattern of holistically and systematically developing and strengthening the nervous system. As a general heuristic, being methodical often hightens probability of a desired outcome.

In kind regards,

Adam.

Very interesting, I thought since on Mantak Chia's site section "Spiritual Core", Iron Shirt and Tan Tien Chi Kung come after MO it'd be advised for me to do it that way.

Very interesting, I thought since on Mantak Chia's site section "Spiritual Core", Iron Shirt and Tan Tien Chi Kung come after MO it'd be advised for me to do it that way.

Different masters are going to have there own specific reasons for the order of practices, aren't they? Their own logic - premises and conclusions.

Why not follow Chia's system?

In kind regards,

Adam.

Different masters are going to have there own specific reasons for the order of practices, aren't they? Their own logic - premises and conclusions.

Why not follow Chia's system?

In kind regards,

Adam.

Is his website his way, or the way your talking about? Cause I don't know if his site is ordered.....