Sign in to follow this  
Junbao

Qigong that is cooling, grounding.

Hey all,

Just wondering what some folks over here would recommend as a good Qigong, moving and still, that is cool, watery, and grounding. These are the things I feel I am needing right now, and I would love to get some input from people here. Some Qigong my body does well with and responds in a good way. Some qigong though, mainly mind leads Qi types, tend to generate more heat in my system than I find comfortable.

I like moving Qigong because it exercises the body and the Qi, and does so without intent.

I've had good success with MO, but then after a week or so of good results, it starts to be more energy than I can use or need and it becomes heat and uncomfortable. I often seem to get pressure in my solar plexus area and sometimes gas/air trapped in the spleen area.

Thanks for any input!! :D

visualize the sun a foot in front of your third eye, and the moon a foot behind your sacrum. Pull the sun's energy into your third eye and thrugh and down your throat to your heart, then pull the moon's energy into your sacral/sexual center. combine these energies in the lower dantien. After its mixed and set, start your regular meditation. I used to have the same problem with astral meditations but mixing yin/yang like this kept me cool.

Edited by Pranaman

Thanks Pranaman,

I'll try that out and see how it works for me. :D

Anyone else have any recommendations for a moving Chigong or breathing method that is good for cooling the internal system and grounding?

Thanks!

Just wondering what some folks over here would recommend as a good Qigong, moving and still, that is cool, watery, and grounding.

I often seem to get pressure in my solar plexus area and sometimes gas/air trapped in the spleen area.

standing qigong between trees, in the morning at sunrise or in the evening at sunset when the air is cool.

hVAeaHPaLw4

then breathing and closing

FsaXvTKHV8w

for gas trapped in your colon I recommend the taiji ruler qigong

Oc1C7_vfdFA

or any other qigong movements in which you stretch your body up and then you bend forward or lateral

WkgurUrGzzk

and don't force your breathing, just breath naturally as your movement lead you

and be careful what you eat, some things if get mixed they cause bloating and gas such as meat and bread.

Edited by steam

Cool,

Thanks for all that, steam! Gives me something to work with and I really appreciate you taking the time to put the videos and links in there. :D

Sign in to follow this