Sign in to follow this  
alfa

I felt a spinning sensation on top of my head

People familiar with chakras will know that the crown chakra is located at the top of the head. I felt a twirling sensation over there, when I concentrated deeply. Does it mean the crown chakra is getting activated? :)

Can someone please give me some advice as to what I must do further? Do I focus on the crown, until I experience something else?

People familiar with chakras will know that the crown chakra is located at the top of the head. I felt a twirling sensation over there, when I concentrated deeply. Does it mean the crown chakra is getting activated? :) >>

If its spining around ? Yes there is an activation there.

<<Can someone please give me some advice as to what I must do further? Do I focus on the crown, until I experience something else?

>>

Well you could do it that way : )

Just remember your "Earth"

& keep the tongue on the roof of your mouth.

peace

Santiago

When i first started to play around with energy meditation i wanted to feel all kinds of great sensations.One day i read an account of this persons meditation practice over the internet .He was saying that every spring he would feel a very powerfull tingling sensation on his head.So i thought wow i want to feel that.So that night i proceeded to meditate with that thought subtly hanging in my mind, and what do you know i could feel exsacly what i read in that post "Powerfull tingling sensation on top of my head"

You know with enough focus you can feel what ever you want anywhere on your body but it doesnt mean jack shit.Its just your mind creating this feeling or what ever you want to call it

Dont fall into the trap your mind can create

Edited by truth

When i first started to play around with energy meditation i wanted to feel all kinds of great sensations.One day i read an account of this persons meditation practice over the internet .He was saying that every spring he would feel a very powerfull tingling sensation on his head.So i thought wow i want to feel that.So that night i proceeded to meditate with that thought subtly hanging in my mind, and what do you know i could feel exsacly what i read in that post "Powerfull tingling sensation on top of my head"

You know with enough focus you can feel what ever you want anywhere on your body but it doesnt mean jack shit.Its just your mind creating this feeling or what ever you want to call it

Dont fall into the trap your mind can create

While it is true that the mind does create sensations and these are nasty traps to fall into, the sensation described is that of a channel opening. My teacher calls it the Suspension. While practicing Taiji Ch'uan and Tao Gong, we were encouraged to focus on suspending from our crown point (this would lead to better relaxation and reduce the stress that a long session can cause on the knees and ankles). For a long time, I did not feel anything in the crown point (a few years), until one day suddenly the sensation arrived (the mental image that it evoked is that of a little tornado-like spiral of energy rising out of my crown-point).

This sensation gets stronger at certain times and I know it's time for me to start my practice. Alternately, on the days I begin practice without feeling my crownpoint, I stand and meditate till it starts tingling and then the Tai Chi that follows is very strong, generating a lot of sensation.

My limited experience has shown me that these sensations (as they are written about) are maps/landmarks we should all bookmark during our practice. More so, they are also signs that indicate to our teacher of a particular level being achieved.

Cheers

There are other signes you can follow that indicate that your crown chakra is opening, such as increased intelligance,improved memory,clarity of mind

Feeling spinning vortexes in your head chakra or any chakra is nothing more than fantasy and illusion

Lots of chi channels and stuff in your head, not only crown chakra. Think of your head as a ball of filth, especially the skullcap area. The chi or kundalini spins and spins for a number of reasons, to gain momentum to clean.

The best advice I ever got is: dont attach to it, dont worry about what it is or isnt. Let it come and go.

Happy meditations.

:)

Thanks for the replies. :D

I understand I must just ignore this, and move on. But what sort of meditation can i do? Do I continue focusing on various chakras, or must I abandon chakra meditation altogether, and do something else?

Need some advice, please. :)

Thanks for the replies. :D

I understand I must just ignore this, and move on. But what sort of meditation can i do? Do I continue focusing on various chakras, or must I abandon chakra meditation altogether, and do something else?

Need some advice, please. :)

From my own experiences I don't think it is so wise to meditate on the crown chakra. I tried that on a new age centre in Stockholm for about twelve years ago and let me tell you it was more I than I wanted.

Because I don't know anything else I could say that you could try out the Mantak Chia's Microcosmic Orbit meditation. How to train that I guess you could find on the net or otherwise you could by his book about that, I think it is called something about "Awaking Healing Energy ??? Tao ???" ? By the way, as I remember it he started the meditation with the navel and continued downwards.

Sign in to follow this