Cameron

Taoist Intensive Funds Request

:)

As some of you who read my little jounral here know yesterday I took an evening class with Wudang Taoist Master Chen. I wasn't sure what to expect. I was half hoping I wouldn't be that interested in it so I can focus on other practices I have learned.

Unfortunately, I was blown away by Chen :lol:

Chen lives full time on Wudang Mountain and is just returning to certain spots like Atlanta since he has alot of students here. Next week he is teaching a 3 day intensive that is the introduction to studying higher practices(alchemy) with him.

Since it occured to me he only comes back occasionally I might not get the chance to learn from him until next year or so. So I would like to do the intensive. Unfortunatly, it's $800 for the intensive and I am currently broke. I do have a good job opportunity potentially lined up but still wouldn't be able to make the intensive. So, I generally wouldn't ask this but since it could potentially be useful to others I am asking for an $800 donation(or loan)from fellow Tao Bums to make this.

As I said, I do probably have a good job opportunity so I would make every effort to pay people back at some point this year. I will also share what I learn from Chen with the board, or share as much as I am allowed with his permission.

And if that's not enough the intensive starts wednesday so I would need any potential donors to overnight me the money so I get it by tuesday. Otherwise I won't make it.

I really appreciate everything I have already learned and continue to learn from those here. I generally wouldn't make a request like this but feel drawn to check Chen out farther and just not in the position at the moment to pay for it. Again, I would be totally committed to paying anyone back asap or if anyone is drawn to donate a portion of the funds I will try to make it back to you by sharing as much as I can from what Chen teaches me.

Thanks again. If it doesn't pan out no worries. I'll check it out some other time.

Hi Cameron

not to judge you or anything, so don't get me wrong.

but I noticed you jump around a lot, gaining teachings here and there..getting very excited, then bored until you find something else. this is understandable, i used to do this too. but i think the reasoning behind this is this mentality of creating a better "you", this belief that taking this intensive it will somehow make you better, more enlightened, more wise.

but really what can you learn that would be so beneficial?

mikael

Hi Cam,

Sorry i cant help you out, although i agree with Mikaelz here! What do you think you are missing in Kunlun that you may get with Master Chen, Is it just the experience or you are after learning Taoist Alchemy seriously?

Seems like you have alot of stuff from max already and those practices that you have from him you are getting results right from reading your journal anyway. Does max know Taoist alchemy if so maybe go for it through him to complete his system/s??

Although i would like to meet max as so many people talk how strong his chi is and stuff so i also like to experience other teachers. I always stick to my emptiness meditation though! I do like to see what others are doing and reading there experiences as well!

all the best let us know how you go?

WYG

P.S Do you think some or alot of ALchemy can be found in Mantak and Winns information to get you started plus other informations online?

As some of you who read my little jounral here know yesterday I took an evening class with Wudang Taoist Master Chen. I wasn't sure what to expect. I was half hoping I wouldn't be that interested in it so I can focus on other practices I have learned.

Unfortunately, I was blown away by Chen :lol:

Chen lives full time on Wudang Mountain and is just returning to certain spots like Atlanta since he has alot of students here. Next week he is teaching a 3 day intensive that is the introduction to studying higher practices(alchemy) with him.

Since it occured to me he only comes back occasionally I might not get the chance to learn from him until next year or so. So I would like to do the intensive. Unfortunatly, it's $800 for the intensive and I am currently broke. I do have a good job opportunity potentially lined up but still wouldn't be able to make the intensive. So, I generally wouldn't ask this but since it could potentially be useful to others I am asking for an $800 donation(or loan)from fellow Tao Bums to make this.

As I said, I do probably have a good job opportunity so I would make every effort to pay people back at some point this year. I will also share what I learn from Chen with the board, or share as much as I am allowed with his permission.

And if that's not enough the intensive starts wednesday so I would need any potential donors to overnight me the money so I get it by tuesday. Otherwise I won't make it.

I really appreciate everything I have already learned and continue to learn from those here. I generally wouldn't make a request like this but feel drawn to check Chen out farther and just not in the position at the moment to pay for it. Again, I would be totally committed to paying anyone back asap or if anyone is drawn to donate a portion of the funds I will try to make it back to you by sharing as much as I can from what Chen teaches me.

Thanks again. If it doesn't pan out no worries. I'll check it out some other time.

I read this right now and heard Glenn laugh as he repeated the following words to me for you from my crown chakra.....

"Words from the Immortal Glenn Morris......GET A JOB!"

My advice to you....All you need is in your own backyard. I know what it's like to "chase" teachings but the most priceless teachings are the ones that occur when you least expect & when you are at the right place at the right time where your preparedness, Karma, luck & oppurtunity all meet together in one event. If its meant to be its meant to be. You will train with the teacher that you are supposed to but it will happen when you are prepared for it and when the Universe sees that you are ready.

$800 for 3 day intensive?

Shit I am charging to little!

I should start wearing my robes & using my tibetan name & title :)

Cameron,

Save your money bro.

I wish you the best! God Bless

Santiago

I should start wearing my robes & using my tibetan name & title :)

sadly that would probably get you way more participants

worked for Max, nothing against him, just seems most people need clever marketing because thats the culture we live in with television and everything

you need a cooler name though.. like Lama ThunderKickAss

From the Cambridge University online dictionary:

judge (DECIDE) Show phonetics

verb [i or T]

1 to form, give or have as an opinion, or to decide about something or someone...

Leave him be, let him find his own way. Judging is exactly what you are doing. You might have the best of intentions, but you are still judging.

We find our way exactly by trying things and experiencing for ourselves. Sometimes we find what we are looking for, sometimes not. Sometimes the lesson is expensive, sometimes it is not. That is OK. It is all part of life's journey. Everyone has to learn in their own way.

well I meant judging as in a negative way, like i'm attacking Cam which i'm not. i can just relate.. and can offer some sound advice that he may, and I hope does, benefit from.

everyone does learn in their own way.. but we are all incarnations of spirit able to help each other through the rough terrain labeled Life. i'm no master.. i wouldn't even call myself an adept. but this area has been the subject of much contemplation on my part and being here, seeing this, its only my duty to humbly help steer this one away from further confusion

thank you though Mike, i appreciate your intent. :)

sadly that would probably get you way more participants

Sad but True. Glenn Morris, Tao Semko and I talked about this many times over a good drink & sushi.

worked for Max, nothing against him, just seems most people need clever marketing because thats the culture we live in with television and everything

Yea I agree. Its all Marketing. In Bonpo Lama just means mother & father. I am both those things to my kids, family and students. I do not need the title. I earned my Guru Title in Silat getting my ass kicked and kicking ass. Its like "Sifu". But even then I am still Santiago my students only call me that while class is in session.

you need a cooler name though.. like Lama ThunderKickAss

Lamasendmeyourmoney :lol:.

Or Swami Makecheckpayabletomeananda :D

Peace

Santiago Dobles

Sad but True. Glenn Morris, Tao Semko and I talked about this many times over a good drink & sushi.

Yea I agree. Its all Marketing. In Bonpo Lama just means mother & father. I am both those things to my kids, family and students. I do not need the title. I earned my Guru Title in Silat getting my ass kicked and kicking ass. Its like "Sifu". But even then I am still Santiago my students only call me that while class is in session.

Lamasendmeyourmoney :lol:.

Or Swami Makecheckpayabletomeananda :D

Peace

Santiago Dobles

hahahah :lol:

sent you an email to your gmail, incase you rarely check it

mikael

It's all good :)

As far a jumping around, you keep jumping until you finally land right?

I was just really impressed by this teacher. Like I had encountered a lost friend that could help show me something I have been looking for. Maybe it's just another piece of the puzzle. Maybe what I learn from another teacher is another piece. Maybe some of the pieces don't fit into my puzzle.

In any case, I would like to check it out further. As I said I would be totally committed to paying the funds back this year and would do so.

But if it's not to be it's not to be. No worries.

Cam

Glenn,

Welcome to taobums!! Great to have you on the forum!

Yours,

Yoda

Glenn,

Welcome to taobums!! Great to have you on the forum!

Yours,

Yoda

Hahaha : ) Yes he is around that is why i joined the forum.

A "Thank you" and his warm smile has been sent back to you.

Peace

Santiago

I read this right now and heard Glenn laugh as he repeated the following words to me for you from my crown chakra.....

"Words from the Immortal Glenn Morris......GET A JOB!"

Harsh delivery V.

And...you seem to enjoy speaking for other people.

Hahaha : ) Yes he is around that is why i joined the forum.

A "Thank you" and his warm smile has been sent back to you.

Peace

Santiago

Awesome!! We want to make the taoist immortals feel welcome around here too!

Vajrasattva & Mikaelz,

You are both class acts. V-I'm sure your "students" are very proud to have a smart mouthed teacher like you, and, no doubt, Glenn Morris would be very proud of the way you conduct yourself here on the forum.

The rest of us are just babbling fucking morons who have fallen for a bullshitting teacher because he has a cool name, and cool tibetan robes! And that goes for the thousands of people on three continents who've also met him.

And to think all the time and money we've wasted with his practices when all we had to do is ask you guys! I could kick my self! I guess those of us who've had spiritual practices longer than you two guys have been on this planet have a lot to learn from you great Masters. You guys obviously have received the REAL teachings.

After all, you have written an in-depth expose detailing the Secrets The Gurus Will Never Show You. I guess your marketing hype is more legit because you have the real, ultimate, true teachings, and other teachers are just liars trying to make money. How could we all be so naive?

Thank God you guys came along to share your incredible wisdom with us! The truth and wisdom in your posts only leaves me wanting more!

Thanks!

I never presented myself as a master or teaching.. i'm merely a fellow traveler sharing insights I picked up along the way that I feel would help. you are free to do as you wish, good luck with whatever you may do.

it's obvious by your attitude that your ego is flaming. this is my point, energy practice doesn't do shit for the real problem. your unchecked flaming ego. so wish as much as you want, but the ego won't go away by holding a pose.

Hi,

can you at least mention anything that impressed you so much about him that you are willing to pay $800 for 3 days? I mean you would need a very good reason to ask smb for that amount of money that was earned in weeks and you are going to spend it in just a few days and nobody knows when and if you will pay it back. I wouldn't mind contributing to something of value but you gotta convince me first that it's worthit anything at all ....

just because you've learned a thing or two doesn't mean you can tell anyone else what is what, stick to your practice and stop trying to play hero.

Heeey, this is my online Taoist version of a Christian handout basket thread not a place to fight :P

IMO, the true purpouse of the spiritual teacher is to help"stop" you. I noticed this happening from the brief time I hung out with Chen. The gears start to slow down and the body starts to relax and all of a sudden your sitting there totally in the present moment listening to this Chinese guy with a funny hat.

Whether or not a certain practice or teacher is "working" I think can be somewhat determined by the results of it's abilty to help stop you. Stop your mind, start to see your inner treasure and stop wanting to fight people(or judge, or call them names).

I think we can probably see if this is working or not for ourself if we are honest but to assess if it's working or not for someone else probably isn't our place to do.

I probably lost sight of that a bit for awhile myself. But when in doubt can go back to what we learn in kindergarden "If you don't have something nice to say about someone don't say anything at all".

Cam

the ego won't go away by holding a pose.

Interesting point... then what does slay the ego if not holding a pose? How does the ego return to balance?

You(impersonal you) may not be able to control your thought stream, internal dialogue, your ego identification with your memories, conditioning, but you can at least hold this posture keeping your knees on the floor, and bum on the ground, and agree to hold it for the agreed period of time, no matter what discomfort, sticking to the commitment. The Staff of Discipline.

Cam, you don't really need it.

Relax and just be.

Need no one to see or to learn from.

You have enough info to practice for many lifetimes.

Go to the basics and the mind will become content with simple things.

Breathing, walking, sitting...

Heeey, this is my online Taoist version of a Christian handout basket thread not a place to fight :P

IMO, the true purpouse of the spiritual teacher is to help"stop" you. I noticed this happening from the brief time I hung out with Chen. The gears start to slow down and the body starts to relax and all of a sudden your sitting there totally in the present moment listening to this Chinese guy with a funny hat.

Whether or not a certain practice or teacher is "working" I think can be somewhat determined by the results of it's abilty to help stop you. Stop your mind, start to see your inner treasure and stop wanting to fight people(or judge, or call them names).

I think we can probably see if this is working or not for ourself if we are honest but to assess if it's working or not for someone else probably isn't our place to do.

I probably lost sight of that a bit for awhile myself. But when in doubt can go back to what we learn in kindergarden "If you don't have something nice to say about someone don't say anything at all".

Cam

Hi Cam,

My advice ( I know you didn't ask for it but I feel like I want to offer it...) a brief, intensive seminar on Daoist arts is a contradiction in terms and spirit and not worth your time or the uncomfortable feelings it can generate among friends if you must ask for help to attend it.

These practices are based on very gradual progress over time with guidance of a mentor. I practice myself with a shifu. The microcosmic orbit is all you need for many years but it's worthless without consistent, guided practice over time. An intensive seminar in advanced Daoist practice is truly bullshit, IMHO, even to the advanced practicioner, and would make me question Master Chen's legitimacy - sorry to go there, but I think it needs to be said. Being shown advanced practice before a firm foundation in the very bascis (which takes several years of practice) is very counter-productive in this line of practice, I believe. And there is no such thing as an intensive seminar to learn the basics. It took my shifu months to teach me the most rudimentary basic practice. This practice is a very personal affair between teacher and student - no groups.

It would be much better, if you're serious on this particular path, to find a local or regional Daoist teacher to study with. The $800 would be much better spent visiting this same teacher frequently over the period of a year than seeing a master once and possibly never again or maybe once every year or two. After a few years of practice you could probably make some progress with a teacher from a distance by email and occasional visits (some of my disciple bretheren do that) but not in the first stages.

My apologies if I sound preachy or arrogant. These are just my views and they are offered in the spirit of friendship.

Good luck whatever you decide and warm regards...

_/\_

And PS, there is no advantage to this practice over what Smile suggests. If you can do that, you don't need 20 years of Daoist practice.

I do it mostly because of the complimentary effect with my taijiquan training,

Thanks for all the feedback!

I generally wouldn't ask for such assistance and definetly won't ever do so again :lol:

Regarding Chen, he already asked us to do emptiness meditation for 100 days which I plan on doing. I don't think I ever said Chen said the 3 day intensive are the higher practices. I think it's more like an intro to studying higher practices. He teaches those in a week long retreat I believe. Obviously, you are left at some point to practice what you learn for the rest of your life or not.

Anyway, I will definetly be taking Santiago's "Immortal" teacher's advice from him to Santiago to me and "GET A JOB!"

And yes Smile is probably right :)

all this rubbish

do this

do that

all you had to say was "no cameron, we don't want to give you money"

so many people on here talking about ego death etc etc but they're pussies still

good luck cameron, whenever you do decide to do the intensive i'd very much like to know how it went

all this rubbish

do this

do that

all you had to say was "no cameron, we don't want to give you money"

so many people on here talking about ego death etc etc but they're pussies still

good luck cameron, whenever you do decide to do the intensive i'd very much like to know how it went

Well, yes, but they tried to do that nicely, didn't they? What whould be better, total silence or at least some nice words of support?