mopaistudent

John Changs 1st Westener Student

It's interesting that in these times where the world is coming closer together and knowledge is getting shared more and more the elders of the Mopai have decided to restrict the knowledge and base admission on race. By elders I mean the ancestors who have apparently delivered this verdict.

Master John Chang seemed to have had a different idea with him teaching people with no regard to their ethnicity and contacting Blair again after the visions he had seen in his retreat. But apparently he had to oblige.

I wonder what the reasons for the ancestors are and what the precise criteria are. I thought that the higher one got in their at least spiritual development the more one realizes that all is one and everyone is a manifestation of the divine. Also is the admission limited to Han Chinese or are Hakka, Hui and perhaps even Uighurs and Tibetans admitted?

It's also an interesting point for the people who are fascinated with the Mopai. Do you really want to become part of a group that discriminates upon race? It seems that the ancestors share some very anachronistic and narrow minded views that they impose upon their members.

The Mo Pai ancestors lived centuries ago and so they are a product of the era in which they lived (as we all are). Their mindsets/opinions are the same as when they were alive. John Chang is living in a very different society, different culture, even a different country (Indonesia as opposed to China) and so he has different ideas and opinions than those ancestors from generations ago in China. Do you think the ancestors could have ever imagined their country would host the Olympics? Their experience of foreigners is one of war, invasion, and occupation. That is the China in which they lived. The ancestors never lived in a "global village".

Edward Richards

i thought the above too for a long time but think about it, if they can visit john chang (meaning they can manifest) wouldn't they be able to see times have changed? that people from all races and creeds want to sincerely awaken? maybe i'm just ignorant i suppose.

however i still respect them and if a schools ancestors say you can't practice i don't really think you should disrespect them and do it anyway.

i thought the above too for a long time but think about it, if they can visit john chang (meaning they can manifest) wouldn't they be able to see times have changed? that people from all races and creeds want to sincerely awaken? maybe i'm just ignorant i suppose.

Sure the ancestors can see that times have changed. But what makes us think they automatically agree with or accept these changed times? Just because times change doesn't mean the older generations change along with the times. In fact, most often, older people wish for a return to 'the way things used to be' during their younger days. This behavior is so common between different generations that is has a formal name - The Generation Gap. The Mo Pai ancestors are, after all, still just human beings.

May I quote from the book The Magus of Java.

Chapter 5 - The Story of Liao Sifu, page 65:

Kosta speaking, "I always thought that you had to be good and moral to develop abilities of this sort. That power went hand-in-hand with divine integrity. How is it possible that Liao Sifu had not progressed beyond thoughts of revenge at that level?"

John Chang laughed, "You've read too many Western books, Kosta, or watched the TV series Kung Fu too often. A human being is a human being, don't think it is so easy to stop being human! Liao Sifu knew what he was doing was wrong, but he still took revenge, and bloody revenge at that. He was a man, after all, not God..."

Chapter 8 - The Will of Heaven, page 130:

John Chang speaking, "I'm the headmaster of Pa Lei Chuan, a school of kungfu. I am the teacher of a Chinese science called neikung that involves studying, enhancing, and finally combining the energies of yin and yang in the body; the particular neikung I teach is of the lineage attributed to the sage Mo-Tzu. Beyond that I am a man like any other."

And again on page 131:

John Chang speaking, "Because the human animal is not yet ready to become a god."

I think perhaps there is something in our Western or Christian culture that seeks to deify the neikung masters of China. We must recognize this is our projection upon them.

Edward Richards

Edited by chinadao

I probably should have said nothing here in this thread, but I felt I had to take up for someone I KNOW is a genuinely good person.

I just wish we could all get along, it seems really childish for sincere students to fight among other sincere students.

If I ever advance enough to travel to china, and I succeed in finding a high level ascended master like JC your damn strait I would personally introduce every person I thought was a serious student to him. Thats not something I think should be kept a secret, we are all brothers, NOT enemies or competition.

I believe that its the nature of man to ascend, to return to God, the Universe, or the Tao or whatever name your religion or philosophy has for it. Knowledge of how to reunite with the ultimate isn't something you horde or hide away from others.

Everyone who shares your goal is your brother imho, not your competitor, this isn't a pissing contest. I honestly feel closer to a lot of people I have met here in this community than I do my own real flesh and blood family.

At first this thread made me really mad, and then it really saddened me. :/ We should be rejoicing and banding together as brothers, all of us who share the same goals... not fighting.

Jim is honestly a good person, its hard to meet people like him anymore. I just don't understand why so much hostility is being directed his way.

Just my $0.02.

Edited by mwight
  • Like 1

i think what mjjbecker is trying to say is that:

- the concepts of I DESERVE, I WANT, I HAVE A RIGHT TO, don't apply to these matters.

- they either happen to you or not.

- everyone has an OPPORTUNITY to evolve until some stage of the evolution is acheived...

- but that doesn't mean that stories like the ones of Wang Liping, John Chang and others, apply to everyone. they are some kind of models, that can show us how far a the perfection of a system can go.

- we cannot compare to them. we couldn't even make a quarter of a quarter of the sacrifices and work that made them be who they are now.

- the power of "getting it" and going "all the way" is granted by forces that don't take our concepts of I WANT, I DESERVE, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO, into account

- it's both a matter of LUCK and DESTINY, and personal choise, to allow yourself to be the man for the task

- but everyone is different, and each of us have a task, maybe not as great as Wang's or Chang's, but more important TO US than what they acheived.

in short, yes, it doesn't matter what you want - it's the truth

don't be upset on him, if you don't understand at least this speck of truth, you have a LONG LONG way to go

try to find out what YOU are supposed to do in this life. it may be a whole lot different than what Wang and Chang did. these ideas may not even belong to you...

good luck on your journey

L1

Edited by Little1
  • Like 1

I never realized I would be such a person of interest. All I wanted to do is help others attain what I have wanted way back in 1990.

In my research (it took two years) I finally found John Chang (not exactly his name) and was accepted as a student, and have been training since. I have been in touch with him recently. I asked him directly if there were any "Westerners" he is teaching. I asked this because there were several people emailing me saying they had tested in the last couple years and students of his. He said he isn't and hadn't. So, many of the stories about John teaching non-Chinese just isn't true. He also said I was free to help others. So, there you go...

I would love to talk to others, but I will have to say this may be short because talk forums usually degenerate into couch-potato, pseudo authorities telling me the facts...and I don't go there!

So, if anyone has questions about the Youtube clip or other questions...

Sifu Jim, it is a blessing to hear that Sifu John Chang has given you permission to help others. I viewed your video on youtube and it was utterly amazing to say the least. Thereafter I tried contacting you, but unfortunately it was blocked. Would you be willing to impart your contact details? My email: [email protected]

Thank you

"I believe that its the nature of man to ascend, to return to God, the Universe, or the Tao or whatever name your religion or philosophy has for it. Knowledge of how to reunite with the ultimate isn't something you horde or hide away from others."

I had an interesting experience that taught me how to stop the reincarnation process. When I was 16, as I was waking up, I heard clearly, "do good and you won't have to transmigrate." I was completely alone in my room at the time. I didn't know what this word (transmigrate) even meant, so I immediately grabbed my dictionary and found it basically means reincarnation. What was also interesting is that at this time in my life I didn't even believe in reincarnation.

Why I bring this up, is that maybe it's not that complicated to stop the cycle and return to God/Universe/Tao, etc. Other teachings share other methods, so maybe there are multiple paths to achieve this, I don't know.

I agree with you about our purpose, about a year ago I was in deep meditation. All of sudden I saw this vision from the movie Pinocchio. It was Pinocchio's father pouring all this deep deep love and energy into making Pinocchio. Immediately I had a flash of knowing and knew Pinocchio represented mankind and his father God/Creator/Universe/Tao etc. What's also interesting in the movie is that after his many trials and tribulations Pinocchio finally gets happily reunited with his father at the end. The intuitive message I received from this, is that it's our purpose to not only return, but also to become true friends and companions with this ultimate being as well.

I just want to add I'm open to learning and therefore being wrong, so in light new experience and knowledge in the future I may completely disagree with everything I just said above.

On a different subject, so John Chang and his students are currently not teaching? If some are still teaching I would really be interested, if so please pm me. If this makes any difference my ancestors are from China and I was born in Southeast Asia.

Edited by malachan

i see nothing more then sensless attention.

just my opinion :D

anyone whos real or has real knowledge on any of these subjects dose not talk about them, end of story

it would be great if they did, but for the most part human beings are evil pitifull animals who cannot be trusted

If

by Rudyard Kipling

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

I watched Randy Pausch's last lecture on Youtube around the time of his death, in July of this year, just under a month ago. I didn't realise at the time that he had died, and just in fact found it out this evening by chance.

It is a marvellous lecture and so poignant. Here was a man dying who had every reason to live, not least a young family. He puts things across so more eloquently than I can.

His obituary in 'Time' magazine is here:

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1826574,00.html

A website with a link to the lecture is here:

http://www.thelastlecture.com/

Yes if you ask sean he will give you your own private forum in the personal practice area, and you can delete hateful comments by these people who are being complete assholes.

Does anyone have reliable contact details for Sifu Jim (Mopai)? Ive tried contacting him, but he seems to be impossible to reach. Any input highly appreciated...Thanks

Has anyone actually talked to Jim recently? How's he been, etc. And what's the deal with the grayish blocks under the avatar?

The ability to percieve different shades of pigment in the skin has what bearing on anything? I can't ignore the ignorance in a few of the statements in this thread. Regardless of what knowledge or power a master may have, if they truely think skin color and cultural stereotypes should be believed then they are lacking in wisdom.

I mean no disrespect - I just think it's important to see past the actions and find their source.

Jim, thank you for your presence and gentle generosity!

share please about what ways do you use to submerge items in Yin field, i'm sure everyone will find it interesting.

Some do it by sheer intending, others (as in the clip below) "suck off" grabbing and inhaling prior to projecting the Yang so that they would put a momentary stress in the unfiformity of the fabric of the vibratory force that holds energeticaly things together. This "vaccum"/stress is probably filled with the practitioners' dream-body (Yin body) field for the purpose...that's hwta it looks like:

He showed me how it can burn just like a laser by buring a small hole in a plastic cup.

like this?(see clip below, a energy practitioner from Kazahstan, if i'm not mistaken):

http://rutube.ru/tracks/964413.html?v=18ca...efafdee07e0020e

Jim, thank you for your presence and gentle generosity!

share please about what ways do you use to submerge items in Yin field, i'm sure everyone will find it interesting.

Some do it by sheer intending, others (as in the clip below) "suck off" grabbing and inhaling prior to projecting the Yang so that they would put a momentary stress in the unfiformity of the fabric of the vibratory force that holds energeticaly things together. This "vaccum"/stress is probably filled with the practitioners' dream-body (Yin body) field for the purpose...that's hwta it looks like:

like this?(see clip below, a energy practitioner from Kazahstan, if i'm not mistaken):

http://rutube.ru/tracks/964413.html?v=18ca...efafdee07e0020e

Jim hasnt been on the forum for quite a few months.

Very interesting video. Not sure how this one can be fake. Looks pretty convincing I think. Stig??

I never realized I would be such a person of interest. All I wanted to do is help others attain what I have wanted way back in 1990.

In my research (it took two years) I finally found John Chang (not exactly his name) and was accepted as a student, and have been training since. I have been in touch with him recently. I asked him directly if there were any "Westerners" he is teaching. I asked this because there were several people emailing me saying they had tested in the last couple years and students of his. He said he isn't and hadn't. So, many of the stories about John teaching non-Chinese just isn't true. He also said I was free to help others. So, there you go...

I would love to talk to others, but I will have to say this may be short because talk forums usually degenerate into couch-potato, pseudo authorities telling me the facts...and I don't go there!

So, if anyone has questions about the Youtube clip or other questions...

You can help others with what you have attained yourself, you can be a personal teacher to every person and help them be the most for their own particularity. (addendum: one is beginning to be a master and a teacher once one can perfectly do this in my opinion, alongside many other life skills.) - [peace must reign, even in war.]

When you are studying yourself under a master, you should do your best for that master, that is one of the main reasons, if not the biggest one of all, encompassed, i venture to think.

for so called misunderstood and mistaken "secrecy" (which is just a wrong name for it, all in all, i kind of think!)

Give it a thought?

Humbly, sincerely, respectfully,

Edited by froggie

There is only one significant issue here-for me.

That Mo Pai neigong is dangerous to practice, both in regards to the practitioner and those around them. Because of this, people would be ill advised doing it. There ARE other good systems around that will get you further than 'level 2'.

Would you tend to agree with me that 'level 2' can also be named 'foundation 2', because each next level builds itself on the previous level? or am i a bit off here?

thanks in advance for any input

<snipped> (only for space saving, i liked the reply.)

i like your logic

i wish everyone would have the same level of logic all of the time, no matter their perspectives,

it would make it a lot nicer to communicate with eachother in general.