this may yet be my most important "contribution" to taobums

the practice of connection with the Spirit, in Christianity

my respects

L1

this may yet be my most important "contribution" to taobums

the practice of connection with the Spirit, in Christianity

my respects

L1

In my opinion if you are going to discuss christianity on a taoist website you might as well get into the "esoteric christianity" and one of the most accessible aspects of it is the "prayer of the heart" which resembles in the end with qigong and indian meditation practises quite a bit.

prayer of the heart link

of course you are right :D

but you also missed the point :D

respect

L1

of course you are right :D

but you also missed the point :D

respect

L1

Oh .... I get it now lol :D

hi :)

for those interested in Christian mystical tradition, this is the best place to start I think..

http://www.chrmysticaloutreach.com/

very very very very very good article on connecting with Holy Spirit

also the book Putting on the mind of Christ by Jim Marion is amazing, it is recommended at the bottom fo the site above so I got it. its written by a former monastic and beautifully put. its universal as it talks about connection to yoga and kundalini, buddhism as well.

these two writers helped me to get over the misconception of Christianity being a completely mythical and dogmatic tradition. there is definitely mystical life in it, don't let the fundamentalists fool you. as Jim Marion wrote.. fundamentalists are still stuck in the mythical level unable to embrace the rational level. atheism is a step in the right direction because you give up myths and embrace the unknown, but to totally deny it is foolish. a map is given of where consciousness goes after rational level and psychic level.. the culmination being Kindom of Heaven which is complete non-duality.. or seeing God in everything and being God

edit.. oh it was a joke eh? haha.. well, still. maybe there are some here taht would liek to see the Christian perspective of universal truth

Edited by mikaelz

hi :)

for those interested in Christian mystical tradition, this is the best place to start I think..

http://www.chrmysticaloutreach.com/

very very very very very good article on connecting with Holy Spirit

Thx for the link, its very informative. Somewhere I read that supposedely the the theory of reincarnation was in the bible but removed at some point in time. I am curious if anybody knows anything about this...

Our dad would get on our case because my brother and I wouldn't sing in church. He'd actually whisper "Sing goddamnit!!!" on occasion. No irony there! :lol:

I don't mean to dis an entire religion, but the music, the lyrics, the singing were excruciatingly bad. To this day, I will only walk into a white Christian church if forced to. And all that felt art... oy vey! :lol:

I think Jesus is a rockin out world savior, but most of his followers need to face the music!! :lol:

I wasn't going to say anything, but I agree with Yoda :lol:

ps. The song in that video isn't too bad though.

I grew up in a Catholic family. 5 kids and my parents did music for a folk mass all through the late 70's and some of the 80's. I never did get it, I loved the music but could never understand the idea of "believe this way or your going to hell". If I can so easily forgive people I am sure that god can even more so.

I remember going through confirmation class, and ending it in the middle. Not because I was being a teenage rebel, but, and I told this to my parents and my teacher, I just didn't in all honesty hear god or Jesus talking to me. I didn't understand what they were all talking about and didn't feel it in my heart, so how could I honestly go through with something like that.

They had no argument against me.

I did one time end up at a place where a preacher was laying hands on people. I was not following the religion at the time, but was curious as to what was going on. I try to feel things as honestly as I can, and in doing so I can be somewhat skeptical about things. My friend and I decided to go up and see what he was doing felt like. This guy definitely had something real. We both were overcome by this wave of release and relaxation. We didn't go down like some people, but there was really something there.

What I don't get is the churches with electric guitars and all that.

Even with his long hair, I can never imagine a "Heavy Metal Jesus" :P

Edited by Junbao

The hell teachings in organized religion were put there by the priesthood to control people. I am ok with temporary bouts of suffering as a learning experience but to be eternally damned by the universe for not believing a certain teaching is utter crap.

it's pretty simple, 101 psychollogy really, it's the same way with your relationship with your parents.

generally speaking, people can find their true love ESPECIALLY when they come to understand their parents.

the ones that formed you, and shaped your body-mind the most.

the exact same think happens with religion.

you inherit, since childhood, a specific way to connect to the Spirit.

it's the way your parents and ancestors did it.

bottom line is, if you want to really understand the practices you are into now,

you need to accept and understand the religion that you have been born with, whatever it is.

it's a kind of interface, with whatever you do need or want to study further.

so in any event, discussions about the main religion of Western culture should be at least a small part of every board that wants to discuss topics like daoism buddhism lamaism whatever... you cannot understand other noodles unless you know what your flour is made out of... :lol:

hope it makes sense to you too

please think again :)

respects

L1

Thx for the link, its very informative. Somewhere I read that supposedely the the theory of reincarnation was in the bible but removed at some point in time. I am curious if anybody knows anything about this...

the book I mentioned above by Jim Marion discusses this. he firmly says reincarnation is a fact citing his own experiences and the Bible itself.. i don't remember exactly what he said about it, but if you're interested I can check the book for you

it's pretty simple, 101 psychollogy really, it's the same way with your relationship with your parents.

generally speaking, people can find their true love ESPECIALLY when they come to understand their parents.

the ones that formed you, and shaped your body-mind the most.

the exact same think happens with religion.

you inherit, since childhood, a specific way to connect to the Spirit.

it's the way your parents and ancestors did it.

bottom line is, if you want to really understand the practices you are into now,

you need to accept and understand the religion that you have been born with, whatever it is.

it's a kind of interface, with whatever you do need or want to study further.

so in any event, discussions about the main religion of Western culture should be at least a small part of every board that wants to discuss topics like daoism buddhism lamaism whatever... you cannot understand other noodles unless you know what your flour is made out of... :lol:

hope it makes sense to you too

please think again :)

respects

L1

Interesting, this post makes no sense at all to me...to my knowledge I've understood and agreed with everything that L1 has posted heretofore...to the degree that I understand this one, I completely disagree with it. How does Hitler's kid find Love? Knowing Dad? I say no.

Check out Swedenborg, probably the weirdest and most wonderful christian mystic of them all. He had parallell spirit sight and normal sight, and could have perfectly controlled OBEs at will:

http://www.swedenborg.org

Also: when I read John Changs description of the spirit world and afterlife in Magus of Java, it struck me how similar, actually almost identical, his views are to Swedenborg's.

hi Xeno,

Really, some information on Scientific Psychollogy will make us understand many things about taoism... give it a try.

It's like this... the Chinese Mind model is not the same with ours. We need some additional gears to make contact with it. You cannot find them easily just studying the Chinese Mind, and many of them are just in our backyard, 101 Psychollogy.

I know it doesnt sound very convincing, and i dont know what other arguments to post on it. I know it's true, and why, i just cant explain it coherently yet. :)

i hope you will sense it though... you can say also, that what you dont understand, is just a limit, inviting you to cross it.

L1