Sign in to follow this  
林愛偉

Returning to NY

Greetings,

Just a heads up. I'll be returning to NY in July for good. Working on the establishment of Jing Xin Yuan as first a small school of virtue and moral development, for both children and adults, and Martial Arts. Then work on the Buddhist educational school of cultivation and a Chinese cultural center; music, writing, language, art and dance.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Wouldn't you rather come to Detroit? :lol: What New York got that Detroit hasn't..... besides culture, money and a Chinese community? :blink:

Greetings,

Just a heads up. I'll be returning to NY in July for good. Working on the establishment of Jing Xin Yuan as first a small school of virtue and moral development, for both children and adults, and Martial Arts. Then work on the Buddhist educational school of cultivation and a Chinese cultural center; music, writing, language, art and dance.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

well, this certainly makes me happy, Lin Sifu.

Good news Lin!

Perhaps I'll get to meet you one day after all!

That would be nice...

:)

well, this certainly makes me happy, Lin Sifu.

Good news Lin!

Perhaps I'll get to meet you one day after all!

That would be nice...

THen we could do some push hands and drink some tea! ^_^

congrats for returning. It would be great to hear some personal views on the difference between chinese and american lifestyles as well as beliefs, maybe kinda like "lessons learned and things to keep in mind" ....

thx Orb

congrats for returning. It would be great to hear some personal views on the difference between chinese and american lifestyles as well as beliefs, maybe kinda like "lessons learned and things to keep in mind" ....

thx Orb

Good idea! I can write an article about it. Detailed! haha will take some time though ^_^

Peace and Blessings,

Lin :)

Lin,

I like the new avatar and I heard your last NYC class was excellent. Hope you have a fun move and don't miss China too much.

Your pal,

Kyle

Lin,

I like the new avatar and I heard your last NYC class was excellent. Hope you have a fun move and don't miss China too much.

Your pal,

Kyle

Thanks Brother :)

The conditions are right to return to NY. Missing is just wanting.. hehe ^_^ I don't want much :lol:

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Wouldn't you rather come to Detroit? :lol: What New York got that Detroit hasn't..... besides culture, money and a Chinese community? :blink:

he he he :P

Oh yeah... I would like that.

My teacher just got a shipment of some A+++ Taiwan High Mountain Oolong - the good stuff.

I've got about half a kilo of the stuff.

^_^

Oh yeah... I would like that.

My teacher just got a shipment of some A+++ Taiwan High Mountain Oolong - the good stuff.

I've got about half a kilo of the stuff.

^_^

Oh excellent, Gao Shan Cha is great. I have a pound of that stuff and intend to bring

a lot more too!

I think it will be a great time...tea, Taiji Quan, and some good conversation.

Speaking of Push hands, I recently had my good friend out here finally come around for

some push hands practice. I haven't done it since I left my Sifu , Rudy Curry, in NY 4yrs ago for China.

I'm a bit rusty, but here is a recent video of my friend and I practicing push hands.

He does Bagua, but has not practiced push hands, so I am letting him practice on me mainly.

I just keep doing some basic stuff on him, nothing heavy duty.. hehe He's learning, and I am remembering.. ^_^

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/j...g/Taiji%20Quan/

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Good stuff.

You look to be very strong for a vegan Lin. Do you get alot of protien from other sources?

Good stuff.

You look to be very strong for a vegan Lin. Do you get alot of protien from other sources?

As a child I ate meat. I started vegetarian a few years ago, and now, I only eat once a day.

Though I have a little belly, its going away fast. :)

I don't pay attention to nutritional things so much as I used to and I don't work out.

Not very strong.. prbably 20 push up would make me have shakey arms ^_^

I just practice Qi Gong, meditate and teach Gongfu.. hehe

I do eat eggs though once and a while. There is wood ears( a fungus) I eat, and dofu every once and a while.

Peace,

Lin

That was great watching you and friend push hands.You are very grounded.

I haven't practiced push hands in a long time...since I last saw my Taiji Quan Sifu.

That was about 2yrs ago. We stay in touch all the time, and we are both looking forward to me continuing my

Taiji Quan training. Been training since 2001 ^_^

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

hi Lin

my dreams are becoming my life and my life my dreams,

would be nice to meditate together and do some taijii or chikung one day.

rain

hi Lin

my dreams are becoming my life and my life my dreams,

would be nice to meditate together and do some taijii or chikung one day.

rain

I'm sure we'll have the chance ^_^

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Lin,

This may be a testament to my attachment to material things but... Who is your tailor out in Anhui? I can't help but notice your classy, classical, comfortable looking duds.

Anyway, sorry (in a selfish way) to here your time in China will be coming to an end soon. I guess we won't get a chance to meet this time around. Though should you come through Xi'an on your way out be sure to drop me a line. Your school sounds wonderful, I wish you success (also in a selfish way, after all, I want to live in a better world).

Peace,

祝你一路平安啊!

Lin,

This may be a testament to my attachment to material things but... Who is your tailor out in Anhui? I can't help but notice your classy, classical, comfortable looking duds.

Anyway, sorry (in a selfish way) to here your time in China will be coming to an end soon. I guess we won't get a chance to meet this time around. Though should you come through Xi'an on your way out be sure to drop me a line. Your school sounds wonderful, I wish you success (also in a selfish way, after all, I want to live in a better world).

Peace,

祝你一路平安啊!

THanks for your blessings ^_^

I live in Jinan... what are duds.. tatoos? haha I had them made out in Brooklyn NY many many many years ago.

It seems we don't have the conditions to meet...but good friends are always...good :)

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

What part of New York will you be moving to?

Perhaps you'd like to meet in Chinatown sometime>

John

What part of New York will you be moving to?

Perhaps you'd like to meet in Chinatown sometime>

John

Well, my father lives in Staten Island, but I frequent Chinatown for Vegetarian Dimsum on Pell street.. hehehe

I also frequent Brooklyn and work in a CHinese afterschool center in Elmhurst Queens. I have been there for 6yrs alrady.. teaching English and Gongfu.. ^_^

When I return, definetly can meet up for some tea and Dimsum <_<

Peace,

Lin

Thanks for the video links - very nice to see you and your friend.

Your central equilibrium is good - do you stand regularly?

Do you practice the peng/lu/ji/an circle?

Best,

Steve

Thanks for the video links - very nice to see you and your friend.

Your central equilibrium is good - do you stand regularly?

Do you practice the peng/lu/ji/an circle?

Best,

Steve

I used to soley do standing for many years. Now I stand once and a while every week.

Keep up the practice you know?... haha

The Peng, Lu, Ji, An... I don't know what they mean. I never learned the terms, but things come together when there is proper alignment and good fondation of sensitivity and application practice.

I'm making a basic instructional video for my student now actually. Once its edited, I will poist it up

on my youtube channel, and send the link here for any one who is interested.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Duds are clothing. :P

The Chinese clothing? Wow! some I bought 10 yrs ago in NY Chinatown. Can't buy any out here in China,

you have to get them made. SO I go and buy material, and send it to a tailor who makes the clothing for me.

:lol:

Sign in to follow this