qijack

Kunlun 1 posture for standing?

Any one care to share how the standing version of the spontaneous kunlun excersise goes?.Is it the same deal than the sitting version with your arms and hands in same position except your just standing normally?

I seem to recall something about doing it in a very low horse stance.Cant remember where i read it though

thanks

Any one care to share how the standing version of the spontaneous kunlun excersise goes?.Is it the same deal than the sitting version with your arms and hands in same position except your just standing normally?

I seem to recall something about doing it in a very low horse stance.Cant remember where i read it though

thanks

hi truth

I have admitted to standing kunlun 1 after having practised zhan zhuang and spontaneous standing qigong for over a year first...

I dunno..maybe Chris/Mantra should be the one to accurately describe it? since the kunlun is their baby. I could tell you what I do, but whatif they dont agree with details. that would be ..not so ok.

Standing posture from what I understand were shown and used in training to:

- Prepare us: As we come to a session or get ready to do any Spiritual practice, we need to put outside world behind us for that time period.

There is a transition needed, where we tell our body and mind that all the things we were doing until that point are no longer needed for this next 1 hours or so. All problems, issues can wait...

Different schools, religions, practices use different methods. Rituals are used in religions, Bowing is used in temples as a way to transition you.

And then.... slowly you can get into the real practice. For some it may not be needed, they can simply go into Kunlun or meditation simply by a thought, for others it helps. For even experienced practitioners there may be days that you have more things on your mind, and such INTRO rituals will help.

It can be Standing posture, or bowing or Yoga or 5 Elements or Tai Chi. What ever works for you.

I use slow Hatha Yoga and 5 Elements for 15-30 minutes as a INTRO, and I can see that it calms me and others in my group for deeper meditation experiences.

I think the question is about standing as the K1 practice, rather than as a preparation for it.

I have no investment in politics, so feel free to disagree anyone. Following Max's example...be a rebellious system buster....oooooo.. so here it goes: Same deal as sitting k1, just stand, and get up on you tippy toes....becareful

you might wobble a little...don't do this if you are overweight, and it can be a bit hard on the knees. So keep them bent, keep your tail tucked...keep your spine straight, that is until you start spontaneously busting a move.

Max does not recommend trying Kunlun standing. It is more effective and safer to practice sitting.

Those of you who have studied with Max please respect your teacher and follow his instructions.

Xienkula1 you are wrong about the practice. Please don't give bad advice.

Enthusiasm is understandable, but you must master these practices yourself before advising others. He will let you know when that time is right for you to share or teach.

Edited by Mantra68

Don't give bad advice.

Don't share what he has taught you with others.

ch.

What is bad about this advice?

The only thing I can think about it being bad is that it is slightly more dangerous.

Going up on your toes is not bad advice, it is actually an legitimate form of energy work that opens the kidney meridian. In my experience you don't stay there long anyways, because the practice very quickly takes on new forms.

Standing is more effective for me than sitting.

If I am wrong...then practice with your own disgression.

My practice seems wrong to you Mantra, but for me it FEELS right and I will keep practicing however I please, picking my nose if I want to :P I don't need permission from you, but thanks anyways.

I trust my innerknowing more than you.

Edited by Xienkula1

Max showed us Standing Kunlun, but I think it was more as simple games we can try

- Like he has few stand and asked them to initiate and be open to kunlun, then he would show the group things that could be done with energy.

- Tree game, that you stand with your back towards tree, put your mind on ur back, initiate Kunlun and take your mind towards the tree...

I agree, I think from what i know so far from Max, Kunlun is to be done sitting and mastered. Standing Kunlun is not a practice but side things...

The only thing I can think about it being bad is that it is slightly more dangerous.

Standing is more effective for me than sitting.

If I am wrong...then practice with your own disgression.

My practice seems wrong to you Mantra, but for me it FEELS right and I will keep practicing however I please, picking my nose if I want to :P

I trust my innerknowing more than you.

Do your thing and enjoy, please just don't tell people to do standing Kunlun on their tippy-toes (bad advice).

It is far too strenuous - you won't be able to relax.

So, I suggest strapping on a pair of these instead if you must:

gwyneth-paltrow-shoes.jpg

But, maybe with some long pants if you're more modest, though:

gse_multipart55785.jpg

Do your thing and enjoy, please just don't tell people to do standing Kunlun on their tippy-toes (bad advice).

Hey Mantra, what about seated in full or half lotus? Can one do K1 like that. The reason I ask is if you are somewhere without a chair, like in the forest, what can you do?

Thanks Chris for your continued assistance

From what I remember, when conditions dont permit or for other reasons, and you need to do it without chair, You can do it sitting down. Just keep hips higher than feet.

Ultimately form is important, but its a technique. Once we master it we can to that state with just a thought.

Counting in Zen

Repeating Mantra in Yoga

Looking at a candle flame

they are all techniques, once you get to the state, you dont need the technique.

Important to be comfortable - if you are not comfortable - surrender will not happen

AND SMILE!!!, dont be serious.

Important to not get caught up in the method, but enjoy!

Edited by JazZen

Mantra,

Sorry about that... quality control isn't my strongest suit! :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

gwyneth-paltrow-shoes.jpg

gse_multipart55785.jpg

Wise advice, but heels are a bit too kink. Would be interesting to hear your report about how the new accessory affects your k1 standing. you might consider strapping on Cleopatra Chi's 333 Triangle stiletto heels carved out of siberian blue quartz equipped with high voltage tesla coils tuned to schumann and gamma waves, along with some quartz crystal nail polish and monatomic iridium lip liner, the piezoelectric properties, could stimulate kunlun flow in the hands. Turn up the volume on "You sexy thing" assume k1, shake it up and who knows you may have started a new trend for the male kunlun path for waking up the inner dakini :lol:

Edited by Xienkula1

Hey Mantra, what about seated in full or half lotus? Can one do K1 like that. The reason I ask is if you are somewhere without a chair, like in the forest, what can you do?

Thanks Chris for your continued assistance

You can do it seated, but lotus isn't necessary and doesn't add anything. Just sit comfortably, indian style is fine.

Make sure your hips are higher than your knees.

Sorry Mantra, but I'm not following. If you're sitting in Indian style, how can you raise your heels enough to get any effect? Or is this only for after you can do it without paying as much attention to the posture?

Wise advice, but heels are a bit too kink. Would be interesting to hear your report about how the new accessory affects your k1 standing. you might consider some quartz crystal nail polish as well, the piezoelectric properties, could stimulate kunlun flow in the hands. Who knows you may have started a new trend for kunlun :lol:

:ph34r:

Edited by rain

I tried it for the first time standing a couple days ago(feet flat). I immedietly started getting the circular motions going. But I stopped pretty soon. I like the seated version better for solo practice. Max seems to incorporate more standing when playing Kunlun games. There is one standing version where you raise your heels off the ground a certain way and raise you arms over your head a certain way. Max had Janimal do that in NJ. In a Kunlun DVD I have of Max's Japanese students he has a group of Japanese woman then Japanese men do this also. But in this case Max is constantly walking around and helping people with his energy. Some people really went flying almost running into walls and crashing into the ground. So I can see how the Kunlun seated is safer and more practical when you practice at home.

I tried it for the first time standing a couple days ago(feet flat). I immedietly started getting the circular motions going. But I stopped pretty soon. I like the seated version better for solo practice. Max seems to incorporate more standing when playing Kunlun games. There is one standing version where you raise your heels off the ground a certain way and raise you arms over your head a certain way. Max had Janimal do that in NJ. In a Kunlun DVD I have of Max's Japanese students he has a group of Japanese woman then Japanese men do this also. But in this case Max is constantly walking around and helping people with his energy. Some people really went flying almost running into walls and crashing into the ground. So I can see how the Kunlun seated is safer and more practical when you practice at home.

You are referring to the "grass gliding" method. That is for traveling very fast. It is what Ninjas used to travel great distances.

Opening your Kunlun helps this process, but this is not the standing version of Kunlun.

Opening your Kunlun...

Non-Point. Verb, Noun & Adjective Kunlun?

Laughing Tigers, Crying Dragons.

Thanks for the replies

I certainly wont be trying Xienkula's method. Seems very awkward lol

Doing the seated version of kunlun 1 is pretty good but its not practical to carry a chair around everywhere when you want to do it out side. It just feels a whole lot more natural when your doing it amongst the tree's (providing you don't go smack head first against a tree) and in the fresh air

I think the hand/arm postures should be enough to get the energy flowing with out the need to do anything fancy with your feet.Aslong you have the intention to go spontaneous like in other spontaneous forms i have learnt, it should work fine

don't tell people to do standing Kunlun on their tippy-toes (bad advice).

Well some Kunluners consider themselves rockers....so take some advice from Bon Jovi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWA28E0r_1c

"I aint got a fever got a permanent disease

Itll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

I got lots of money but it isnt what I need

Gonna take more than a shot to get this poison out of me

I got all the symptoms count em 1,2,3"

Edited by Xienkula1