Swami Jai

Dr. Yan Xin

I have been doing research for my school on qigong and its benefits in the world of health and I came across this guy who has been doing a lot of interesting studies.

Is there anyone here who has experience with this guy or with his work?

Also if anyone has any info on scientific studies of qigong that would be really useful in my research.

Dr. Yan Xin

He is the highest qigong Master that is known to the public that I know of. Not sure if he is underground now or not.

Hi Swami...I have been practicing YXQ for nearly 13 years and have had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Yan personally on several occasions, and seeing him lecture many times. If you have any questions I would be glad to try and answer them, although please realize I am only a student (and by YXQ standards only a kindergarten student..ha ha). Also, the best book for what you are searching for is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Qigong-Ex...u/dp/0965713571. It contains many of Dr. Yan's published experiments and commentary from him. There is also a fantastic book called "Secrets and Benefits of Internal Qigong Cultivation" but unfortunately it is no longer being published. You can find it online sometimes, but it is very expensive. Although I would say it is worth more than any asking price IMO.

Hi Asian9,

i have just started practising yan xin qigong, i was told that those who have attended dr yan xin international conference, do not feel tired, or the need to go to the toilet despite dr xan yin non-stop emitting lecture , is this true. Could u share your experience with us.

thanks

Hi Swami...I have been practicing YXQ for nearly 13 years and have had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Yan personally on several occasions, and seeing him lecture many times. If you have any questions I would be glad to try and answer them, although please realize I am only a student (and by YXQ standards only a kindergarten student..ha ha). Also, the best book for what you are searching for is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Qigong-Ex...u/dp/0965713571. It contains many of Dr. Yan's published experiments and commentary from him. There is also a fantastic book called "Secrets and Benefits of Internal Qigong Cultivation" but unfortunately it is no longer being published. You can find it online sometimes, but it is very expensive. Although I would say it is worth more than any asking price IMO.

There is also a fantastic book called "Secrets and Benefits of Internal Qigong Cultivation" but unfortunately it is no longer being published. You can find it online sometimes, but it is very expensive. Although I would say it is worth more than any asking price IMO.
Wow, excellent reviews...unfortunately it's currently going for $500! :o

Damn, have these guys ever heard of reprinting?

From what I heard from a student of Yan Xin .... NO :D

There were copies of it sold for 50 to 100 bucks on ebay at some point, but not any more.

Edited by Siliconvalley1

thanks for posting this information about YXQ I would love to learn more about it.

Well it's been a few years since I've been to this forum, so I figured I'd give this thread a bump, since I completely forgot to answer some of the questions asked here. Maybe it's too late to matter for those that asked them, or maybe it's exactly the right time ;)

So to answer the questions, the book has been out of print because it contains descriptions of Yan Xin Qigong techniques. The International Yan Xin Qigong Association (IYXQA) has decided it better to only allow the teaching of techniques in a 'classroom' environment, not through a book.

And yes, I was at the 1997 International Conference, and I have been fortunate enough to see Dr. Yan lecture on many occasions. It is very common for people to experience tremendous amounts of energy, and not need to eat (or drink in some cases) for extended periods of time. This is known as 'bigu' and has various levels (and yes, they are attainable without seeing Dr. Yan). I have seen Dr. Yan lecture anywhere from 3 to 20 hours straight without stopping, and there were people that didn't go to the bathroom (he definitely didn't!).

Unfortunately do to several circumstances, Yan Xin Qigong is currently not being promoted or practiced publicly, but we're hoping that changes soon!

• Like 1

I was able find the PDF version online.. Just search for "<title of the book> pdf"

Edited by levo
  • Like 2

Very interesting! This is the first time I hear of this man.

Google was not able to provide much in terms of published material... (except for the one book that was mentioned here). Mostly anecdotal accounts.

Does anyone know where I can get the "Child Longevity Nine Step Qigong" audio tape? There was some discussion on this a few years ago on the board and it seems the only place you could get it were on eBay and even then they were poor quality counterfeits.

Does anyone still have a copy? I'd be willing to buy it since it seems impossible to find anywhere!

Well, I literally went through 15 pages of google to no avail. Nothing. Nada.

Does anyone have an invite to theoccult.bz ? Perhaps I might have some luck there?

its on the first page of the search ,

i got it straight away :lol:

read some of it yesterday , very good , alot of importance placed on virtue as well as the practice.

Does any one know what the other 8 steps involve ?

gonna try and have a go at the level 1 today

has anyone been practising level 1 , if so what have you felt from it ?

i too would love to hear that audio tape !

Edited by ronko
  • Like 1

Just saw that this volume has steps one to three in

Yan Xin Qigong Collectanea Volume 9

cant find it anywhere in the uk but anyone in the states should have no bother

There were some members on here discussing the tape about 4 years ago... if we're lucky they might stumble upon this thread. Otherwise, I fear it is pretty much impossible to get.

its on the first page of the search ,

i got it straight away :lol:

read some of it yesterday , very good , alot of importance placed on virtue as well as the practice.

Does any one know what the other 8 steps involve ?

gonna try and have a go at the level 1 today

has anyone been practising level 1 , if so what have you felt from it ?

i too would love to hear that audio tape !

There's lots of places selling it online that might be able to ship to the UK.

What's in that book exactly?

Just saw that this volume has steps one to three in

Yan Xin Qigong Collectanea Volume 9

cant find it anywhere in the uk but anyone in the states should have no bother

not sure whats in the book but an old tao bums thread came up in the search and mentioned this is the only volume in english and has steps 1 to 3 in it

the pdf only has the first step and a couple of other practises

yeah i have bookmarked somewhere i might be able to get it shipped from ,

gonna have a practice of level 1 first see what i think

I just bought the Yan Xin Volume 9 book off Amazon for $30 shipped.

nice one , let us know what its like :)

Ah.. I didn't know what you guys were talking about... I hadn't even started reading the first book ... lol. I'm going to get on it!

So if I understand correctly... it only describes step 1.... step 1 of what exactly? The 9-step child longevity program??

Ah.. I didn't know what you guys were talking about... I hadn't even started reading the first book ... lol. I'm going to get on it!

So if I understand correctly... it only describes step 1.... step 1 of what exactly? The 9-step child longevity program??

The book that you can download describes the first step if I read right and the second, the Volume 9 book has all the steps. I haven't gotten around to reading the first.

Let's keep this thread alive in hopes the elders (lol) will spot it and can chime in. I'm going to start the first book this evening.

The book that you can download describes the first step if I read right and the second, the Volume 9 book has all the steps. I haven't gotten around to reading the first.

the Yan Xin Qigong Collectanea Volume 9

only has steps 1 to 3 apparently

i think only the audio tape and the live class has all 9 ?

gonna try step one today , anyone else had a go ?

any feedback on this form

Edited by ronko