Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

Authentic Teachings of Shaolin Qigong by Sifu Dan Freeman

I just got this book in the mail today. It was recommended in an Umma Tantra email newsletter...something which Vajrasattva from the board is involved with.

The quality of the book is really lacking, but the content totally makes up for it. If someone is interested in chi, and haven't really found a good way to experience it, this is the ticket! It contains what looks to me like great instructions on all of the classical stuff (tendon changing, marrow washing, eight brocade, five tibetan rites) and then some! Practice guidelines take you to completion...it's really a home study course so that you don't require a teacher, although of course that's the best way to go if you can find a good one.

Anyway, check it out if you feel so inclined. B)

I just got this book in the mail today. It was recommended in an Umma Tantra email newsletter...something which Vajrasattva from the board is involved with.

Cool Yes I founded Umaa tantra with Tao Semko and he teaches a lot of the esoteric tantra & hatha yogas I learned and passed on. He is a good guy with a wealth of knowlegde and real Self Realization. He was both my student and is my closest friend & brother. I learn a great deal from him aswell. Teach people to teach themselves and they in turn will teach you! That was a Dr. Morris thing and sure enough its true.

The quality of the book is really lacking, but the content totally makes up for it. If someone is interested in chi, and haven't really found a good way to experience it, this is the ticket! It contains what looks to me like great instructions on all of the classical stuff (tendon changing, marrow washing, eight brocade, five tibetan rites) and then some! Practice guidelines take you to completion...it's really a home study course so that you don't require a teacher, although of course that's the best way to go if you can find a good one.

Anyway, check it out if you feel so inclined. B)

Its a good book with some good foundations.

Not a bad one to have in your arsenal.

here is another one:

http://www.umaatantra.com/products/guru_secrets.html

Also a must have is Shou Yu Liang's Qi Gong Empowerment

Tenzin Wangyl Rinpoche Healing with the 5 elements

Peace

Santiago

Last year in China I picked up a book and DVD called "Ancient and Mysterious Chan Taiji". It looks to be a form of Buddhist based Taiji. possibly associated with Shaolin. I assume this because "Chan" (Japanese "Zen") is the form of Buddhism practiced at Shaolin and the gentleman on the cover is wearing traditional Buddhist monk clothing. Unfortunately, though I speak Chinese, I cannot read it so I haven't gotten very far with the book. If anyone has any information on this, I would be very interested is hearing from you.

That's interesting Scotty.

Does it have anything on "Tiet Sid Kuen" or Iron Wire form in it? I'm asking because the picture on the cover of the book is an illustration from one ofmaster Lam Sai Wing's books on Hung Gar. Either from the Tiger & Crane Matching form, Kung Tse Fook Fu (taming the tiger) or the book on the iron wire form.

What does it say about tendon changing and marrow washing? Just curious.

John

Sign in to follow this