mantis

emotion

well, i've been thinking a lot about the situations this forum has been going through lately. i have been a ghost somewhat, just sitting back and watching it all.

i was reading a post in a blog made by a mo pai member, here it is

yogip I sifu know more than 20 year. kosta book wrong many. standing exercise he make self. many people talking just imagination only. western student befor training mopai little little understandng. all wrong. not listen learning other an wrong make. gone now cannot control emotion. after make many story internet. taking money people. many chinese studemt same. emotion control cannot. now only local student an one western student andreas. must good heart an deep level meditation can. sifu no one give permission teaching this. must level 4 then can. sifu now documentary coming. door closed now. many come angry going. no see sifu. spending much money coming. you want learning cannot. master this qi only deep in china mountain. chinese speaking not same like city speaking. maybe you finding master different qi can china city. different qi not so powerful. little same only. not trick you money on internet say I bring you master. good luck.

i know the "mo pai" has been beat to death in this forum, but i cannot understand why. i think people on this forum are deluding themselves. i don't even meditate anymore or do any type of spiritual practice, not because i have given up but for now i am "done" it's just where i am in life.

but think; how can you ever hope to achieve higher levels of consciousness and be able to shoot lightning bolts or set things on fire if you cannot even control your emotions? i think it is sad. you see people on here who say they practice daily superman qigong yet once questioned they immediately flip and go crazy and begin to fight and bicker. why? i will pay a debt for posting this but i feel like i should do it. you then have others who ask insincere questions and mask their intentions with the use of happy faces and "peace and blessings" when they do not truly mean it.

i can see the ego in action and have been able to for some time, everyone has their own agenda made out of the little bits and pieces of their experiences of life. i sit and i ask myself how do i come for real, how do i get to the real person instead of this "filter." does the real person even exist anymore in our society?

my true and honest opinion is that instead of progressing we are here creating a "spiritual" ego. we think because we meditate we are better and because we own a bite sized tao te ching we understand.

notice i said "we", i am in no way better than any other but i am trying and i am looking at it from the outside looking in, only because i put myself outside.

i only hope whoever needs to read this does, i have written it with myself in mind.

Edited by mantis

well, i've been thinking a lot about the situations this forum has been going through lately. i have been a ghost somewhat, just sitting back and watching it all.

i will pay a debt for posting this but i feel like i should do it.

Glad you wrote it. Thanks.

Much to say but will leave it be.

May the debt only be paid for you

with thanks.

Edited by shontonga

Amen.

i for one am glad you posted this. i think it's more substantive and genuine than probably 90% of the posts on this forum.

everyone's in a different place. i think maybe it's as simple as that for me. "superman qigong" can do more to throw your emotions out of balance than most other things, IMO. some folks flat-out lose their minds. so to me, those who practice heavily and only exhibit the standard, garden variety ego flaws, those are the lucky ones.

for me, i know undoubtedly that my ego's not going anywhere any time soon. i don't even want it too. i don't want to be without ego, but i have worked hard over the years to cultivate a decent ego that knows its place and serves its purpose. and given the type of individual i used to be a decade and a half ago, i'd say i'm doing pretty okay.

part of what i think you're getting at is spiritual materialism. i think that's what turns so many people off of the "latest system" craze that seems to grip this forum from time to time. petty consumerism, masquerading as authentic spirituality. and that's more the fault of the seeker than it is the presenter. when i had my crazy kundalini episode 11 years ago, i was doing exactly that. i actually drew a sigil above the head of the teacher in an attempt to siphon off more than what he was offering with his transmission. and i guess i was successful as i lay in agony for the next week, wishing i could undo what i had done to myself.

but there are scores of masters in the world with ridiculous personality quirks. conventional righteousness is not a necessary prerequisite for development. many a fucked up guru have proven that.

i remember Ken Wilber giving praise to Genpo Roshi "not only as an enlightened human being, and a deeply, deeply, DECENT human being, which incidentally much harder than being enlightened...." that stuck with me. because it's so true.

we all fall short of highest decency. i fall short every day. or maybe i don't, since i'm not actually striving for that.

perhaps what's most important in this matter is self-honesty. about one's true motives. about one's true agenda. about ones' true character. for all the idolization some of my students are inclined to heap upon me, i go out of my way to show them my ass. i want them to see my flaws. and i want them to see me coming. otherwise, it imprisons me as much as it hinders them.

so there are a ton things that get on my damn nerves about some of the crap that so many folks seem fixated on around here, but it's the willful self-deception that irks me the most.

it stings a little to call it like i see it, because i know it takes one to know one. i'm not as clean as i wish i were, but i'm getting there. the good, the bad, the ugly. so long as its true.

but whatevs.

On the other hand, here above are some extraordinary insightsful comments that wouch for the general credibility of the climate of discussion on this list. I'd say that the bad things that you describe applies to most places where humans interact. What I do know about this place, is that the incident of good discussion (good in a wide sense -read in what you want) seems to be statistically much higher here than in other places.

Btw, I am speaking as someone who has no idea what these arguments have been about, since I just arrived to this forum. Take what I am saying as a word of encouragement. keep up the good work and continue to speak about things that matter. Those who can will follow suit, those who are unable to will eventually go away to the places where they belong.

Mantis

Your post has out raged me!

How dare you speak the truth!

None the less peace to you :)

It's usually easier to recognize the manifestations of ego in others, rather than in oneself. Nevertheless, the response is the same: the ignored ego cannot survive. We notice it, and let it go. Unfed, it dissolves and takes on another shape. It's good practice.

Our own egos usually balk at such a response as well. "I can help them see the light! They don't know the REAL teaching. I can save them." By letting it go, our own ego is weakened along with thiers. A fresher energy becomes available. Like a pair of tuning forks, we begin to vibrate at a similar frequency. As Shakyamuni Buddha said, "As I am enlightened, all beings are enlightened."

We know the ego isn't real. It's a game of let's pretend that has gotten out of hand.

Care to play a new game?

thought i'd bump this, it's more relevant than ever now if you can see it

hahahahaha