jonstone

best way to open microcosmic orbit?

When sitting in the MO meditation do you concentrate on each point and breath into it to free up blockages or do you go through all the points in one breath cycle?

How about deep breathing while in a back bridge. Mr. Furey claims that will open it quicker than sitting on your rump.

-Jon

Since practicing Level 1 of Kunlun it feels like the orbit has been wanting to open up in reverse. I have also heard others talk about feeling the orbit flowing/opening in reverse from K1.

There is also a practice called Red Dragon Max teaches that is used to flow the orbit in reverse but he only teaches it in person. It sounds somewhat similar to the Wudang spinning pearl orbit practice Michael Winn teaches.

running it in reverse from what I know is not good---it makes the body age faster and you lose energy but try it if you want-----

Oh? Wonder why that would be?

I don't want to turn this into another Kunlun thread but my understanding is that Kunlun opens the channels up and they flow how they are supposed to. Maybe the people who experienced it going in reverse that's just where the energy wanted to go. Your not guiding it around just letting whatever wants to happen.

I would imagine a solid standing meditation practice is good for this also. I like to think of standing as building the energy in the lower tan tien and when it get's "full" the surplus naturally spills over into other channels(like the orbit). But that's more an empty mind practice(As is Kunlun).

Actually running it in reverse counters the negative effects of the proper orbit...at least that's what Jwing Ming says in his book, The Root of Chinese QiGong. Here's a little excerpt. I'll just put the important info and leave out the rest:

"The fire path (regular orbit) is the way qi naturally circulates in the human body...

...Post birth qi, which contains undesirable products from the food and air, is considered fire qi because it has a heating effect on the body. Original qi is considered water qi, and it is pure and cools down the fire qi. Diluting and cooling down the contaminated qi is the first step in cooling down the fire in your physical body. This process will slow your body's degeneration...

...Generally speaking, the wind path (reverse orbit) of qi circulation is not as popular as the fire path. Because it circulates qi in the direction opposite to the normal flow, many qigong practitioners believe that it will disturb the natural qi circulation and cause problems...

...There are two reasons for circulating the wind path: 1. To slow down the natural qi circulation in the conception and governing vessels by circulating qi against the flow. If the qi flow in your fire path is too yang because of excitement, injury, sickness, or even eating poor food, your whole body will become too yang when this qi is distributed through the twelve qi channels. This yang qi will damange your organs, and make your mind excited and scattered. The wind path can regulate the qi circulating in your fire path and rebalance the qi in your body. 2. An important qigong practice is raising up the pre-birth (essence or water) qi generated in the lower dan tien to cool down the post-birth (food and air, fire) qi which is generated in the middle dan tien at the solar plexus. When this is done, the clean water qi will be able to dilute the contaminated fire qi before it starts to circulate. This raising of the water qi is done through the wind path."

:)

• Like 1

My teacher advises against moving energy through the mco or even focusing on the dan-tien until you have reached a certain stage in your training. He calls it pure land.Im sure other systems have a different name for it

You cant successfully move energy and build your dan-tien with out having reached this stage. You will only create deviations and start to fantasise about pumping pineal glands and lotuses blooming out of your head :P

Basically he describes pure land as being a state where all tension has been dissolved,your breathing naturally becomes very fine,even and slow, and your mind becomes totally still and focused

The method i use is very much like what bruce franzis teaches where you focus on dissolving tension from your body starting from your head then going down. After that i focus all my attention on the in and out breath going through my nose with out forcing it. Basically thats a foundation method for the Nei Dan Gong i am learning

Having trained this method for several months, i have started to get glimpses of what my teacher calls pureland.Until i can enter that state with little effort there is not even talk of moving energy through the microcosmic orbit

Edited by truth

Since practicing Level 1 of Kunlun it feels like the orbit has been wanting to open up in reverse. I have also heard others talk about feeling the orbit flowing/opening in reverse from K1.

The 2 times i tried the kunlun excersise i also felt as if energy was moving in reverse while i was in the resting period,it was especially strong in my throat region.I couldnt help thinking that what if something bad happens if it reaches my head so out of fear i forced it back down heh ..ah well

Let the orbit run slowly following the breath's in and exhale. Do this for a few years until it gets a natural way of evening out your own energy; its a tool, a workinginstrument. The rest like softening out the hard parts of the lane and focussing on single points follows from itself later on. It yust takes patience. Always go natural and never force, forcing or trying to go to quick is whats messing up. The opposite way of the orbit is possible as are both ways at the same time like somekind of internal waterfallmeditation but thats of no use when you dont have a strong flow going round allready. Options are limitless really, its a basic practice you can build on later.

Mo is so good because its so simple, let it go round and keep doing that daily and after some time the magic happens from itself, it yust takes time. Its all internal and you dont bother people with it on the bus or train so you can give extra focus to it when your bored. The best part is that you can never get to the bottom, you can always include more, go smoother and more refined, like pimping your orbit :P

Have fun hehe.

I need to add that the way we do the MCO is start at crown down the front channel then we release at the basic then up the back to the crown and we release then we reverse down from the crown to the basic we release then up the front to the crown then release. this is one cycle of the inner breath or kundalini med we do in arhatic yoga. The reason we do one forward then reverse is because the reverse is a powerful cleansing cycle when you do reverse MCO you are cleansing blockages out of the centers and the channels and the whole aura. But we always do forward with it and we always end on the forward which is energizing. What I was saying if you only do reverse for a whole meditation or for a extended period of time it is not good for the body you will loose energy and the body will weaken and age faster. I can go into detail about why we release or how we do it you must take Arhatic yoga to be instucted and to be safe. This is a powerful meditation you are working with the creative energy of kundalini when you are doing MCO --so be carefull ---the energy generated is like fertalizer and it feed our good tendencies as well as our bad the are called karmic seeds that are in our chakras--these are higher teachings from Arhatic yoga by GrandMaster Choa.

I hope this helps clairify what I was trying to say.

Peace

Jedi777

I need to add that the way we do the MCO is start at crown down the front channel then we release at the basic then up the back to the crown and we release then we reverse down from the crown to the basic we release then up the front to the crown then release. this is one cycle of the inner breath or kundalini med we do in arhatic yoga. The reason we do one forward then reverse is because the reverse is a powerful cleansing cycle when you do reverse MCO you are cleansing blockages out of the centers and the channels and the whole aura. But we always do forward with it and we always end on the forward which is energizing. What I was saying if you only do reverse for a whole meditation or for a extended period of time it is not good for the body you will loose energy and the body will weaken and age faster. I can go into detail about why we release or how we do it you must take Arhatic yoga to be instucted and to be safe. This is a powerful meditation you are working with the creative energy of kundalini when you are doing MCO --so be carefull ---the energy generated is like fertalizer and it feed our good tendencies as well as our bad the are called karmic seeds that are in our chakras--these are higher teachings from Arhatic yoga by GrandMaster Choa.

I hope this helps clairify what I was trying to say.

Peace

Jedi777

Hi Jedi,

Have you ever used the orbits in Combat?

I will not get into it here but there are very secret ways to use the orbits and its only passed on in Oral tradidtions. The yin Or Yang cycles have their place in time for them to be either Stronger or weaker for the body.

So the teaching GMC gave you is good for GENERAL SAFETY. and for general health and well being.

There is more though there is a certain "Timing" understanding that when known you use the appropriate flow to your advantage. Most folks do not have a clue of this stuff its ancient Shivaic Tantric teaching.

It is from Bon po & Maha siddhya traditions.

Yes what you are saying is true but when you know another Key of understanding you can use either flow for health and longevity depending on its appropriate Pranic Cycle in the grand scheme of things. I know you understand I can not divulge it all i would be disrespecting my teachers but its a BIG deal once you know.

So for now lets just say running it the "normal up the back down the front" way is probably the safest way until you learn another approach or tantric Key...

Its kind of like the eating meat subject.

Love

Santiago

Hey Santiago what you said is interesting.

The inner breath By MCKS is way beyond just for health. I think if you ask your Arhatic yogi friends who do the meditation they will tell you. I have had many Illuminating exp with it. It is a high forum of kundalini yoga meditation.

My teacher advises against moving energy through the mco or even focusing on the dan-tien until you have reached a certain stage in your training. He calls it pure land.Im sure other systems have a different name for it

You cant successfully move energy and build your dan-tien with out having reached this stage. You will only create deviations and start to fantasise about pumping pineal glands and lotuses blooming out of your head :P

Basically he describes pure land as being a state where all tension has been dissolved,your breathing naturally becomes very fine,even and slow, and your mind becomes totally still and focused

The method i use is very much like what bruce franzis teaches where you focus on dissolving tension from your body starting from your head then going down. After that i focus all my attention on the in and out breath going through my nose with out forcing it. Basically thats a foundation method for the Nei Dan Gong i am learning

Having trained this method for several months, i have started to get glimpses of what my teacher calls pureland.Until i can enter that state with little effort there is not even talk of moving energy through the microcosmic orbit

Sounds very healthy!