Sign in to follow this  
Jedi777

Guest sykkelpump

Ummm yeah its serious!

yea,its serious bullshit

Edited by sykkelpump

as usual the great comments abound LOL Please explain the Bull sh#t

Edited by Jedi777

Evolve and grow I guess but I think they have strayed from the roots of taijiquan far enough that you need to ask, is it still taijiquan? My answer would be no. However, if it floats your boat then go for it.

Thanks Darin

I dont think its traditional by a long shot--I just enjoyed the DVD and see how it is usefull for defense...

hilarious!

:lol:

but to be fair, i'm on the opposite extreme. i've never met a skilled tai chi chuan practitioner who could actually fight, and i've fought my fair share of them back before MMA was in existence. i know there are a number of people on this board who believe it to be an affective martial art, but i'm not one of them.

for one, i think there's too much dogma in tai chi chuan for a real fight. plus, they spend too much time playing their form and not enough time actually fighting. if it's a fight, you're gonna get hit. that's kind of the point. if you're not used to getting hit, your skills are gonna drain right out of you along with your courage.

i'm curious what you all think about that. those of you who believe tai chi chuan to be a true martial art.

but about the video, i think what sifu rudy does (the black taoist) is far more practical than this guy.

i would never co-sign a video like this by saying it rocks unless i'd actually been in a confrontation where it helped me.

My old Taijiquan teacher had won a full-contact (I believe) karate championship before, but admitted to getting his ass wiped clean by his Taijiquan master. He recounted how he got so mad one time because he was seriously throwing everything he had at this guy, but was just getting lightly brushed off with ease. His master just toyed with him while chuckling about his "feeble" attempts...

Now, I don't know how these guys would actually do in the ring, as fighting does have many components. But, the real masters are really good at the most basic, core fundamental of fighting as outlined in Taijiquan - like structure and sensitivity. Cuz when 2 objects collide, the one with stronger structure is the one that hurts the other one more (regardless of which is doing the striking). And the better your sensitivity is, the better you can read and react to your opponent.

I tested this master's structure myself one time. This dude redefines the meaning of rooting. It was seriously like trying to move steel girder. I could barely even move his arm a fraction of an inch. You just felt the solidity running through him like steel. There was just no strain or give on his part.

Of course, these old school guys typically only reveal as much as you can perceive. So yes, a lot of them do look deceptively harmless and it's easy to underestimate them.

And, most pop-Taijiquan players can't fight their way out of wet paper sacks - but the few real ones who have transcended the Newtonian paradigm can. This is because Taijiquan ONLY works if you can get the energetic aspect going. Otherwise, you're better off with physical "hard styles."

Edited by vortex

one of the guys I met at foundation training was a long time tjq practitioner, studied under a grandmaster or two - dude was amazingly fast, amazingly rooted, and that's without even getting into the energetic aspect.

amazingly rooted, and that's without even getting into the energetic aspect.
You can't root without energetics.

So, if someone is really well-rooted, you can bet they are doing some energetics.

I have found that being deeply rooted in my emotions, then I won't get hit

For example, I tend to start crying when someone is wanting to start a fight.

always works, never gotten hit.

C'mon where's the dignity in hitting a sobbing man.

h

h

Wise, wise words...........

h

good try hagar. I am glad it works. but I have seen more sinister states, and in addition there are other emotions that do not beckon emphathy. anger fex.

I tried it. makes you deaf. killingmachine. nobody wins.

these days my advice is try to chill out and

RUN (woke up after a nights sleep realizing that running is BAD advice. some souls are hunters and like chasing.)

:)

actually

I can feel a lot of emphathy for people who dare admit anger.

Realising your anger is not necessarily the same as acting up on it.

one of the guys I met at foundation training was a long time tjq practitioner, studied under a grandmaster or two - dude was amazingly fast, amazingly rooted, and that's without even getting into the energetic aspect.

hi joeblast. I get the rooted and the swift. whats that - energetic thing? :D

please explain.

enthusiasm converted physically?....LOVE??

Edited by rain

Sign in to follow this