Lighttime

Honest Food Discussion

Even the healthiest food you can imagine becomes poison (you don't feel the need to eat) when you are becoming very Yin and doing high energetic food. Remember the classics: Live on chi and dew. Or Buddha's advice of one meal a day.

It happened to me and I had to reduce seated meditation. I found very difficult to keep up a full-time job quitting food. It was impractical and impossible. :(

I dunno the whole things becomes very complicated when doing intensive meditation. I see know why practitioners become renunciates or those who seek refuge in the mountains away from excess Yang.

For those who stay a diet rich in fruit and vegies is a must, preferably the organic type higher in earth's own qi.

Regards.

I tried the whole "fruit and veggies" thing. It's not smart, but the really quick road to ruin is low-fat. It'd be safer, in my opinion, to eat a very high-fat vegan diet (if it was high in good-quality fats like unrefined olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, with relatively few nuts and seeds) than an extremely low-fat diet ( less than 10% fat) that included meat.

Buddha was a miserable bastard for most of his life. I'm not saying I'm against the doctrine of non-attachment, but vegetarianism is not the natural human state. Studies of human bones from tens of thousands of years ago show that humans ate mostly meat. There are a number of traditional groups that subsisted largely or entirely on meat and fat, and they have/had excellent health. The Inuit/Eskimo are an excellent example. The Masai of East Africa are another. If you want to call the shamans of those groups spiritually underdeveloped, go right ahead. I'll take their diet over Buddha's any day. :)

Seriously, I'd say most shamans in traditional tribes have more spiritual awareness than the average Buddhist. Most of the vegetarian Buddhists I know are spaced-out.

Edited by agharta

Some of the most powerful shamans, Lamas, Tantrics, Healers actually eat meat.

I was vegetarian for 12 years and was no where near as healthy as I am now eating meat again.

There are certain things one must do before eating the meat (certain Mantras & energy work to purify it) and after so one may transmute it.

So If you are trained properly eating meat will not hinder your energetic growth nor development. But I recommend that even if you do eat meat eat Veggies & fruit & take the proper supplements for proper health.

Jedi you now Master Choa loved junk food such as MCD'S & Denny's?

Tantrics have strange sense of humor!

I remember Glenn once put a guy in Samadhi by giving him a piece of raw beef he had put shakti into.

:)

Santiago

Some of the most powerful shamans, Lamas, Tantrics, Healers actually eat meat.

I was vegetarian for 12 years and was no where near as healthy as I am now eating meat again.

There are certain things one must do before eating the meat (certain Mantras & energy work to purify it) and after so one may transmute it.

So If you are trained properly eating meat will not hinder your energetic growth nor development. But I recommend that even if you do eat meat eat Veggies & fruit & take the proper supplements for proper health.

Jedi you now Master Choa loved junk food such as MCD'S & Denny's?

Tantrics have strange sense of humor!

I remember Glenn once put a guy in Samadhi by giving him a piece of raw beef he had put shakti into.

:)

Santiago

yes Santiago what you say is true---but 99% of people do not know how to transmute the energy of meat before eating it---Master Choa did eat meat on rare occasions but he would transmute it so much that it harldy tasted like meat anymore. My wife and i were blessed to have lunch and dinner with him many times. It was a rare occasion that we ever ate meat.

yes Santiago what you say is true---but 99% of people do not know how to transmute the energy of meat before eating it---Master Choa did eat meat on rare occasions but he would transmute it so much that it harldy tasted like meat anymore. My wife and i were blessed to have lunch and dinner with him many times. It was a rare occasion that we ever ate meat.

Jedi : ) GREAT!

Yes i am familiar with his ability to make things even taste different as a . Its true Master Choa has great skills far beyond most. Glenn Morris used to do this sort of thing as-well. My Bongo Lama showed us ways to transmute food and also do phowa for the consciousness of the animal/animals & all its connections karmically. So yeah you are right its possible but for the untrained its not advised. Moderation of anything is ok.

For those of you who are curious and have no training in this sort of thing and you do it eat meat, before eating give thanks to the creator/Tao(whatever deity or formless you believe in) for the food and thank those that provided it to you including the preparers of the food the gatherers, and the animal itself who is giving you his or her flesh to eat. And have the idea that by you eating this food you are helping all those beings involved get closer to enlightenment & the Creator.

Then put this energy to use for a higher purpose (Meditate, Generate Compassion, Healing, Generosity, live a good life etc).

There are secret Tantric Mudras & Mantras involved as well as energetic practices but that is for another time :D .

Peace

Santiago

Well my ideas and observations so far

First off like anything it is going to be individualized - What one eats at one point in ones life may be different from what one eats at another point

The body will react differently to food based on what the body is at that point - So you may react completely different to a pear on different days -

Environment will have a tremendous affect - That same pear may be great on a hot day but not what you need on a cool day - Or it could be great on a cool day if your body is hot or great or not great depending on a million factors -

In regards to a general philosophy eat this or that does not work as it depends on the individual - the individuals environment - what they are trying to accomplish - What is happening to them etc -

Foods are wondrous in that they can give different tastes of reality and are a very smooth drug if one is sensitive enough to notice - Of course they can be just as powerful as any other drug

Of course my perspective is from someone who cant transform food energy so once again like anything dogma doesnt really work and being rigid doesnt really work but observing ones own reactions and learning seems to

I have found that foods tainted with the flavor of pain, terror, depression, and deep hopelessness don't agree with me, nor with the sources of those foods. That is why I'm a vegetarian.

All other arguments for or against have become moot for me.

If cow dung were discovered to be the fountain of youth, I would not be able to choke it down. Somehow I imagine that those who eat meat "for health", would not be so dedicated either.

:D

Edited by nightwatchdog

If cow dung were discovered to be the fountain of youth, I would not be able to choke it down. Somehow I imagine that those who eat meat "for health", would not be so dedicated either.

:D

I reckon upfromtheashes might develop an appetite for vibhuti ;)

That's interesting...I've found pork to be less agreeable than red meat lately. still a fan of fish & fowl though :)

xk...that is absolutely disgusting...and f'n wroooooong :o

For those of you who are curious and have no training in this sort of thing and you do it eat meat, before eating give thanks to the creator/Tao(whatever deity or formless you believe in) for the food and thank those that provided it to you including the preparers of the food the gatherers, and the animal itself who is giving you his or her flesh to eat. And have the idea that by you eating this food you are helping all those beings involved get closer to enlightenment & the Creator.

Then put this energy to use for a higher purpose (Meditate, Generate Compassion, Healing, Generosity, live a good life etc).

There are secret Tantric Mudras & Mantras involved as well as energetic practices but that is for another time :D .

Peace

Santiago

Nice reminder, thankyou.

About the power of intention - which this basically is ie aligning yourself with positive intent. Dont we have to be in a sufficiently cleared and pure place to begin with, for this intention to get out of our own personal fog into the ether, or is it that out own intention transforms our own ability to process toxins.( I guess it is a mixture of both...)

I would like to know what you think about how to make personal intention more effective, with regard to pollutions that we cant avoid.

Like, for example, I live in London, so I am breathing in lots of polllutions, around the clock, never mind what is in the water in which I bathe,the food that I eat etc.

I have found that foods tainted with the flavor of pain, terror, depression, and deep hopelessness don't agree with me, nor with the sources of those foods. That is why I'm a vegetarian.

All other arguments for or against have become moot for me.

I used to have these same feelings about vegetarianism. I held to them as being quite valid. Then I started working in a produce department. When you work around the produce, the vegetables especially, you start to get the feeling that there is a consciousness there. Then I read "The Secret Life of Plants". What the research has found is that not only do plants think but they also feel. We, as humans, just have limited ability to relate to them. I liken it to missionaries trying to convert "savages" in the jungle. Those "savages" had a perfectly valid religiousness, the missionaries just chose to not view the "savages" experiences on the same level. I also believe it is how slavery was allowed to be such an accepted practice for so long. If we choose not to look at different beings as having different ways of relating to their surroundings it makes it very easy to say they are lower beings.

My attitude about food is that it is all a gift. Meat, vegetables, fruit, whatever. I no longer summarily draw a line in the sand and say this form of life has more consciousness than this form of life. I am just grateful to be able to assimilate these various forms and reap the various forms of energy they provide. But I do acknowledge that we all need different types of food energy at different times in our lives.