Heidi1975

What is the difference?

Hi :)

The question came up in a thread here the other day, and I've been wondering ever since. Would anyone care to elaborate?

Thanks!

Hi :)

The question came up in a thread here the other day, and I've been wondering ever since. Would anyone care to elaborate?

Thanks!

take a stick or a chair and sticks its legs or the end of stick in the ground like a few inches. you will still be able to pull the chair of the ground......GROUNDED

go to a tree and try to pull it out of the earth, it wont budge....ROOTED

hope this helps :)

Let me try to explain so it gets more clear. Rooted or rooting is often aimed at a physical level. In taijiquan practice people say you have good root when your body is lined up perfectly, relaxed and feet sinking in the ground. You are well rooted, you are standing like a tree with the roots deep in the ground, from here you can defend or attack vs your oponent.

Another meaning of rooted can be the origin or background of the person. Like in: going back to my roots. In spiritual practice this can be the base practice the person did for example: he's roots are in shamanism or she is deeply rooted in tantric buddhism.

Grounded or grounding is often aimed at a spiritual, mental or energetic level. You are well grounded and have a clear and stable mind, you are down to earth and standing with 2 feet on the ground making quick well thought of decisions, you are focussed. The opposite is someone who lives with he's head in the sky, unfocussed sometimes confused and cloudy, high.

In energywork grounding can happen by dissipating energy and bringing energy towards the lower centers. When people are not used to energywork and open up there higher centers to quickly he or she can become very ungrounded, you can look at it as a cloudy high in the head wich isnt always pleasant.

Somewhat simplified somewhat exaggerated but i hope you know what i mean wich in the end is the most important :)

Regards !

Rooting is an internal MA skill that can be developed through practice. Words and ideas can't root you, nor help understand what "rooted" feels like, because they are, to continue the tree metaphor above, leaves at the very top of the "human tree." Leaves can rustle, but they can't root.

Grounding is taking yourself out of your head and into your body. To continue the tree metaphor, out of your leaves and into your trunk. Leaves -- words and thoughts -- aren't the trunk, they can rustle about the trunk but they aren't it. So, again, grounding is a practice and a feeling of the "human tree," not a rustle of thoughts and ideas "about" and "around" it.

Edited by Taomeow

Try this

Stand with feet shoulder width apart bend your knees slightly or a little more--visualize golden roots going from your feet and the base of your spine 10 feet deep and 10 feet wide into the earth. Then say out loud keeping you attention down in the earth on your roots say--I am deeply rooted in mother earth I am deeply grounded and rooted in mother earth --mother earth thank you for deeply grounding me and rooting me in full faith so be it!! Repeat this several times and you will be deeply rooted indeed do it before you qigong and after deep meditation or when ever you need it.

Peace

Rooting is an internal MA skill that can be developed through practice. Words and ideas can't root you, nor help understand what "rooted" feels like, because they are, to continue the tree metaphor above, leaves at the very top of the "human tree." Leaves can rustle, but they can't root.

It seems there are many different definitions of what ROOTED is. Im with you on this one Taomeow. Rooted is a lot more that what visualizations, affirmation or other pratices can do for us. Its more a way of life, an integrated part of you that is visible in every aspect of your expression every second of the day.

If you need to eat meat, visualize roots, do physical work, etc to root yourself, you are not really rooted. I would also take it as far as to say that if this is the case, then maby you are not yet ready to do the spiritual practice than unroots you.

A few yeas ago I had to stop all qigong practicing because I totally flew away. Now Im a lot more rooted and can do high flying energywork without any problems and as much qigong I want. Even if my whole life falls apart and changes, I can still go to work as normal. Years ago I could hardly speak and saw angels, spirits and energies all over the place. But Ive spent a lot of years building my foundation and life.

hahahahahaaa....Ronnie was a blast!!!

hehe

Rooting isn't a mystical thing. Its simple physics and concentration, which develops proper skill

to be rooted constantly. When form is mastered, substance and force manifest.

Peace,

Lin

There is a Physical Rooting, Emotional Rooting, mental Rooting & Spiritual Rooting.

Each have their own "mechanics" and focus as well as method.

As above so Below which means as you root low you also root high.

Peace

Santiago