宁

stuff i thought i knew

Hi Little1,

Thanks a lot for this video.

I found this man very moving, I felt touched almost to tears (on a side note, I am a man and I don't like soap operas :lol:) : peace, gentleness, integrity are leaking out from his presence.

If UT practices help to be like him, they are the real deal.

Be well,

neiye

If UT practices help to be like him, they are the real deal.

That's what I also thought, Neiye.

There are many more on youtube...

@Craig, welcome!

L1

Inner Smile can be a pretty advanced practice, depending on how you do it. Sometimes I even have a feeling that all practices in the system are just manifestations of just one practice which could be Inner Smile. They just address different angles/facets of the same basic meditation.

I'm not sure I would like to "blind" experiment with higher practices. Eva Wong puts it quite seriously about dangers for those who start that stage of cultivation.

Hi; have just joined and am please to be a part of this taoist forum;

I agree on the inner smile; I blew it off intially as a 'basic' technique that I would rush through to get to the more 'advanced' techniques. I have been following and practices MC's system for about 4 years now after having three year with another master; I don't even care about immortality and 'powers' anymore; these just seem to like egoic empowerment. The inner smile is so amazing; and its scope seems endless; being virtuous is my goal; i was such a selfish person before I started the path of the tao ... I am grateful to be a part of it :)

Edited by virtuous pig

Thank you so much for this thread Little1, the information has helped me immensely, especially when talking about how it is far more beneficial to start with the basic, every-day practices and THEN go on to the highly advanced spiritual practices. I was once of the belief that achieving spiritual enlightenment meant everything in my life would change for the better, but I have found that having a theoretical knowledge of emptiness and so forth do absolutely nothing for lifelong emotional issues such as anxiety, physical strength and so forth.

I guess I attracted exactly what I needed to read at exactly the right time. Thank you :)

Thank you so much for this thread Little1, the information has helped me immensely, especially when talking about how it is far more beneficial to start with the basic, every-day practices and THEN go on to the highly advanced spiritual practices. I was once of the belief that achieving spiritual enlightenment meant everything in my life would change for the better, but I have found that having a theoretical knowledge of emptiness and so forth do absolutely nothing for lifelong emotional issues such as anxiety, physical strength and so forth.

I guess I attracted exactly what I needed to read at exactly the right time. Thank you :)

you are welcome, i hope there are at least a couple of general truths in here that can be used to better your situation, if not, then don't mind me, i'm no teacher, just an (opinionated) rambler/moron...

i must add, i could be completely off the mark with all that i wrote here ^_^

take care, listen to your body's wisdom, experiment, don't push it, retreat when you feel the need to, go one step at a time.