Keris any one own one?

I own 2 and love them very much : )

Peace

Santiago

Hi Santiago!

Don't have one , so sad.

Like blades though!

those are those big guys ?

sometimes they have a wavy blade, right?

How do you use it?

Like do U use it in a martial art form

or just enjoy it hanging on your wall?

Have it in my mind that I would love to do some forging at some point, make some blades.

Love cable damascus :D

would be fun to make a Keris out of that!

Damascus blade, with tiger maple handle, inlayed with silver wire

or set some stones into it?

... I can see it . Sure.

Of course I'm just dreaming and all but... could happen!

take me a long time just to learn to forge the blade the way i'd like!

What do your Keris' look like?

are they heavy things?

Peace!

Shon

Hi Santiago!

Don't have one , so sad.

Like blades though!

those are those big guys ?

sometimes they have a wavy blade, right?

How do you use it?

Like do U use it in a martial art form

or just enjoy it hanging on your wall?

Have it in my mind that I would love to do some forging at some point, make some blades.

Love cable damascus :D

would be fun to make a Keris out of that!

Damascus blade, with tiger maple handle, inlayed with silver wire

or set some stones into it?

... I can see it . Sure.

Of course I'm just dreaming and all but... could happen!

take me a long time just to learn to forge the blade the way i'd like!

What do your Keris' look like?

are they heavy things?

Peace!

Shon

Hi Shon,

My Keris blades are both very light in weight composed of 18 different metals including meteorite. They have a fantastic ability to conduct gross & subtle energies.

I use them to train my Silat & also to do internal work.

Keris should be tended to and respected. The old makers put their blood sweat & tears & also empowerments in them. Some have certain spirits attached to them. Some have strong names of the DIVINE on them.

If you do get one offer it incense etc.

They can certainly AMP up your field and your surroundings.

Both of mine are very Old.

It is more of a "thrusting" weapon like in fencing than a hacking one. its very deceptive and illusive and the sheath is very much important in the combat as the blade. Usually it contains poisons so one cut with the keris and the opponent is ..."TOAST" either dead or paralyzed.

Peace

Santiago

Im a collector hehe, antique artifacts and keris :)

The sheat of a keris is atleast as important as the blade itself because the sheat symbolizes the female and the blade the male aspect. Also blade itself is made of metal comming from earth and metal from heavens to create a marriage.

Very fascinating weapons :)

I have two from Bali Indonesia. They are great blades but the scabbards aren't as good. I will attempt to get pics to ya ASAP...

PDG

Im a collector hehe, antique artifacts and keris :)

The sheat of a keris is atleast as important as the blade itself because the sheat symbolizes the female and the blade the male aspect. Also blade itself is made of metal comming from earth and metal from heavens to create a marriage.

Very fascinating weapons :)

Yes amazing weapon on many levels!

Yeah the sheath is the Yin the blade is the yang.

how does one find a keris? and how is it used? I assume they are quite expensive, eh?

Well best way is to go to Indonesia Or malaysia. Mine came from family that went and brought it back to me and from friend that gave me one. I know here in the US they are expensive and hard to come by.

Its not the sort of thing to get and not care for it. Infact if you get one that is "posessed" or empowered it can be very intense if you do not now how to settle it and or work with it.

It can be used to train Pencak Silat & to do ritual magic aswell as for psychic Protection & healing. Also it can be used to bring stability & Prosperity to the holder. It all depends on how they are programed and who made them and what the intent is behind them. I have noticed that since having them in my home, My family got much more peaceful & stable. Not all Keris's are created equal. each have their own Positives & negatives & can be either blessing or curse depending on what is in the keris, who has it, how its used or not used, how its taken care of.

Mine like to be feed and also like to be handled.

They can be testy too at times for example if someone tries to touch them with out permission the blade will sort of "STICK" to sheath or get stuck and not want to come out. But if it likes the persons energy it slides right out like its lubricated! Strange but true.

If it doesn't like the person it will cut them or scratch them with out and apparent movement or cause.

If i am caught up with work and or family and not give them attention the will subtly communicate with me and ask to be held or used.

When I 1st got one I was a bit worried to mess with it so I left it in a glass door shut shelf. I didn't want to mess with it till i had some achievements with my self. Then one day I could feel it pulsing around me and asking to be brought out to open in the house. So i began the process of doing consecrations with it and specific prayers and mantras so that I could get more in tune with it and its uses.

The more I worked with it the more it felt comfortable and the more I learned what to do with it.

Sometimes I put them in my hand when I meditate to conduct certain subtle energies that are very subtle. Its a great tool to tune into cosmic energies. The meteorite has something to do with that.

Also I use them in my hands and let them "teach" me Pencak Silat. What is interesting is that on their own they will move my body into bizarre postures like spontaneous Yoga or Chi Kung and it will put me in Combative "mudras" with my body. If you know how to tune it they will take you where your heart felt intentions want to go and also will tune you into what ever you want to know or learn.

One of my students I was doing healing and psychic protection for reported to me that a week after I worked with him he began seeing my keris astrally protecting him and his life situation improved greatly.

They are very mystical & very real energetic divine tools that when used for a higher cause can be extremely beneficial.

One of my students in Silat told me that when he was in Java one of his gurus there used a keris to stop the rain for 30 days during monsoon season so that President Clinton could vacation in Bali & Java. He was requested by the president of Indonesia to do his shamanic magic with Keris ( he is known for this sort of thing). In Indonesia and Malaysia its very common for a spiritual/energy worker or shaman/ guru/pendekar to have a Keris & use it.

The real Keris is the secret sword in you.

Peace

Santiago

Well best way is to go to Indonesia Or malaysia. Mine came from family that went and brought it back to me and from friend that gave me one. I know here in the US they are expensive and hard to come by.

Its not the sort of thing to get and not care for it. Infact if you get one that is "posessed" or empowered it can be very intense if you do not now how to settle it and or work with it.

It can be used to train Pencak Silat & to do ritual magic aswell as for psychic Protection & healing. Also it can be used to bring stability & Prosperity to the holder. It all depends on how they are programed and who made them and what the intent is behind them. I have noticed that since having them in my home, My family got much more peaceful & stable. Not all Keris's are created equal. each have their own Positives & negatives & can be either blessing or curse depending on what is in the keris, who has it, how its used or not used, how its taken care of.

Mine like to be feed and also like to be handled.

They can be testy too at times for example if someone tries to touch them with out permission the blade will sort of "STICK" to sheath or get stuck and not want to come out. But if it likes the persons energy it slides right out like its lubricated! Strange but true.

If it doesn't like the person it will cut them or scratch them with out and apparent movement or cause.

If i am caught up with work and or family and not give them attention the will subtly communicate with me and ask to be held or used.

When I 1st got one I was a bit worried to mess with it so I left it in a glass door shut shelf. I didn't want to mess with it till i had some achievements with my self. Then one day I could feel it pulsing around me and asking to be brought out to open in the house. So i began the process of doing consecrations with it and specific prayers and mantras so that I could get more in tune with it and its uses.

The more I worked with it the more it felt comfortable and the more I learned what to do with it.

Sometimes I put them in my hand when I meditate to conduct certain subtle energies that are very subtle. Its a great tool to tune into cosmic energies. The meteorite has something to do with that.

Also I use them in my hands and let them "teach" me Pencak Silat. What is interesting is that on their own they will move my body into bizarre postures like spontaneous Yoga or Chi Kung and it will put me in Combative "mudras" with my body. If you know how to tune it they will take you where your heart felt intentions want to go and also will tune you into what ever you want to know or learn.

One of my students I was doing healing and psychic protection for reported to me that a week after I worked with him he began seeing my keris astrally protecting him and his life situation improved greatly.

They are very mystical & very real energetic divine tools that when used for a higher cause can be extremely beneficial.

One of my students in Silat told me that when he was in Java one of his gurus there used a keris to stop the rain for 30 days during monsoon season so that President Clinton could vacation in Bali & Java. He was requested by the president of Indonesia to do his shamanic magic with Keris ( he is known for this sort of thing). In Indonesia and Malaysia its very common for a spiritual/energy worker or shaman/ guru/pendekar to have a Keris & use it.

The real Keris is the secret sword in you.

Peace

Santiago

Hello everybody,

Keris is regarded a sacred object, as Santiago mentioned. It is also a facsinating work of art, and once you are bitten by the keris bug, then it's final :D

But it requires a lot of attention from your part.The more you have, the more attention for all of them. I own 9 of them, and they require a significant part of my time.

Z

With me they can do what they want im used to it but i dont like it that they wake up my girlfriend or influence her dreams :/

dear vajrasattva i hear you teach the charkra system. if possible please send me some stuff i can look at or show me where to go. thanks and i hope you get this. Matt :ph34r::wacko: god bless

Edited by dragonphoenix

dear vajrasattva i hear you teach the charkra system. if possible please send me some stuff i can look at or show me where to go. thanks and i hope you get this. Matt :ph34r::wacko: god bless

read Path notes & Shadow Strategies. those 2 books are gems.

s

I got a keris in a Boston antics store many years ago. It did not have a sheath but in the last few months I have had a sheath made for it.

I like it a lot, but have not noticed any magical properties, except that I am mesmerized by it.

post-37116-1262272766_thumb.jpg

post-37116-1262272911_thumb.jpg

post-37116-1262272936_thumb.jpg

Edited by koyanishi

I got a keris in a Boston antics story many years ago. It did not have a sheath but in the last few months I have had a sheath made for it.

I like it a lot, but have not noticed any magical properties, except that I am mesmerized by it.

Very nice