Adam West

Spring Forest QiGong.

Hey all,

I have recently come into possession of the complete set of Spring Forest QiGong leaning course lectures, levels 1 - 4. I wonder if those so inclined would be happy to share their opinions on Spring Forest QiGong as a complete system for self-healing, meditation, and enlightenment? If you do not recommend it, do you recommend an alternative accessible system and why? I am very interested in hearing the basis for your determinations and personal experiences with Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ), and or your alternative recommended systems!

I understand we have some ardent followers of (SFQ) on this board, I appreciate this and look forward to hearing from them; however, a wider sample of positions and experiences would bring balance and a more complete picture of (SFQ).

Many thanks guys!

In kind regards,

Adam.

I did that little paddlewheel move for a few months and it totally rocks. Based on Drew's experiences, it sounds like a very rewarding path... I would have stuck with it had I known. :lol: McDonald's should pass out dvds with their Happy Meals and make Os at a D part of their ad campaign...

hahahahaa nice Yoda

I got the L1 tape for $3....but I havent hooked up my tape deck yet to listen to it! :lol: Not to mention, I'm already doing other stuff...

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies!! I've listened to the first four or five lectures on qigong from Level 1, they are quite good and to the point. I get a sense that his course will be a very good condensation of the pertinent sub-traditions within qigong. But, he no doubt focuses on some practices at the rejection of others, and assumes some spiritual and healing propositions and rejects others. Do people think he is going in the right direction, and is he getting results in their experience? He claims to be, and has studies to back it up. Is he legit or is he just a nice guy who's getting a lot of attention due to clever marketing and the curiosity of some of the local medical research community?

I am very interested in self-healing, but primarily meditation for spiritual realisation, does this system support those ends? What you guys recon?

In kind regards,

Adam.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies!! I've listened to the first four or five lectures on qigong from Level 1, they are quite good and to the point. I get a sense that his course will be a very good condensation of the pertinent sub-traditions within qigong. But, he no doubt focuses on some practices at the rejection of others, and assumes some spiritual and healing propositions and rejects others. Do people think he is going in the right direction, and is he getting results in their experience? He claims to be, and has studies to back it up. Is he legit or is he just a nice guy who's getting a lot of attention due to clever marketing and the curiosity of some of the local medical research community?

I am very interested in self-healing, but primarily meditation for spiritual realisation, does this system support those ends? What you guys recon?

In kind regards,

Adam.

IMO, every real system supports those ends. people waste so much precious time trying to find the "right practice" that they forget the practice is just a vehicle. even a shitty vehicle can get you to the river. on most days. ;)

what's more important is the quality you bring to your practice. spiritual materialism will thwart your aspirations, no matter how wonderful the system you're practicing. and sincerity, commitment, and the simple act of listening to yourself can bring you to realization, no matter how faulty the system.

i like SFQ for some things and not for others. i would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a regular practice. i think chunyi lin is genuine and sincere, and the fact that he continues to offer his system at a community college when he could be charging exorbitant prices (now that he's so well known) says a lot about the quality of person he is.

it's incredibly simple and comprehensive at the same time. a great foundation for anyone getting started.

What do you mean by a system?

AugustLeo?

?

how do i answer that? i think i'm just using a basic dictionary definition of the term. like a collection of practices & principles that form a routine approach to achieving... whatever your objective is.

or maybe i don't understand what you're asking?

Adam West: I first met qigong master Chunyi Lin when he did a presentation for my graduate class at the U of MN. I had studied qigong extensively through books and had been to a qi-emitting lecture by qigong master Effie P. Chow and had practiced Yan Xin plus seen the Chinese government "Qigong Supermaster" documentary on Yan Xin, etc. I had read Dr. Eisenberg's book on qigong in China and many others.

I knew right away Qigong master Chunyi Lin was the real thing and I was sitting right in front and could feel lots of heat from him. That was in 1999 and I was very busy with grad school, etc. My first class he walked around the class and while we did a standing exercise he shook his fingers at us, which you could hear. Immediately I saw bright light and my body filled with bliss -- it was the best experience in my life.

That fall of 2000 I trained intensively and before the Level III retreat I did a week long "bigu" fast. At the level II class qigong master Chunyi Lin said he could state what percentage a person's organ is functioning. I went up to him during a break and since I had felt heat in my right kidney I asked what percentage it was working. I was forward facing him and he looked at my kidney -- immediately I felt hot bliss right on my kidney and he replied "Oh about 70%" I knew he had just done a healing on me! Also the room was filled with a blissful magnetic field.

While practicing I also studied the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality." At the level III retreat I had already been sitting in full-lotus and doing the small universe and active exercises practically nonstop for a week and already I had strong electromagnetic fields around my body and the top of my skull was soft. At the Level III retreat I saw this floating orbs of light moving off Qigong master Chunyi Lin's body as he sat in full-lotus. He said that's just his yin spirit going to heal people. I also saw spirits come into the room and I didn't say anything but qigong master Chunyi Lin announced someone else mentioning this and he explained that the dead do come to hear him speak to help them return back to consciousness.

The middle of my brain was burning up during this retreat and soon afterwards I healed my mom of a serious leg debilitation and I accidently pulled this old lady's spirit out of her head -- but she was fine although she did cry a lot. I did that by pulling the energy straight out the top of the center of the head, by accident, even though qigong master Chunyi Lin had said not to do this. I didn't realize I was that powerful.

So then I stopped practicing as intensively because when I'd sit in full-lotus the whole room would spin around me. I started reading master Nan, Huai-chin and then qigong master Chunyi Lin stuck his finger to my forehead and ever since the center of my brain has been permanently magnetized with bliss. Now when I sit in full-lotus electromagnetic fields fly out of my pineal gland into female electrochemical sources (be they old men who are sick or young girls or old male dogs, etc.) Yeah it's wild but I just sit in full-lotus and let the energy fly! haha.