Sign in to follow this  
.broken.

The God Who Wasn't There

Looking forward to seeing this :)

The God Movie

Despite the fact that Christ may not have existed, a heavily disputed topic in academic theology, he does show human's a good example of compassionate living.

Yours humbly,

James

Wow!

Looking at the second link I posted above... at the bottom of the page there's the logo:

"Not Rated: Contains mature language, partial nudity and heresy"

I find it astonishing that heresy is labelled as something to be avoided. If the consumer has discerned faith they should be able to take it in their stride and allow it to develop their believes further - as such, it would not be worth labelling. Is this another sign that America has many Christian's with blind faith who find even the notion of it being questioned, or shown in ill-repute, an outrageous and offensive act?

In my eyes, they are no better than any other fundamentalist... whether islamic militants, Dawkins-style atheists or those you believe Sharia law has a place in a compassionate society.

My compassion is with them all.

Yours humbly,

James

Edited by .broken.

Wow!

Looking at the second link I posted above... at the bottom of the page there's the logo:

"Not Rated: Contains mature language, partial nudity and heresy"

I find it astonishing that heresy is labelled as something to be avoided.

LOL

Hi James!

Has me wondering more if it's a selling point?

Ya know, even bad publicity is good publicity, kind of thing?

Lot's of folks would see the word "Heresy"

and (ok. this may get me in trouble. but no offense intended!)

America was/is pretty much built by the hands of "Heretics and rebels" (and Loving mommas!)

Something about reading the word

is more apt to peak our curiosity!

Make our subconscious pick up on it and say"Oh? What's that?"

otherwise lots of folks may not even consider looking at "another God thing"!

The word may be more of a juicy tidbit :D

Not that i agree od disagree with that thinking, just some thoughts for ya!

I like God things!

OK.

Do I have to stand before a firing line now?

PEACE!

Shon

Mormons have been visiting me at work of late... two young ladies. I have been asked to read their book of Mormon- when I got to the part where it reads that the "Jews killed Jesus" I had to stop- as I know the Romans had to be the folks to have done the dead as Jews stoned those who were sentenced to death, while cruxifiction was the Roman way to kill off their unwanted...That is IF you believe JC existed at all I guess...

Personally I think him to have been a Lama who was reborn in Judea and brought Buddhism to the Jews -the 3 wise men being monks who came to look for the reborn buddha -much as they still do to this day... :rolleyes:

Mormons have been visiting me at work of late... two young ladies. I have been asked to read their book of Mormon- when I got to the part where it reads that the "Jews killed Jesus" I had to stop- as I know the Romans had to be the folks to have done the dead as Jews stoned those who were sentenced to death, while cruxifiction was the Roman way to kill off their unwanted...That is IF you believe JC existed at all I guess...

Personally I think him to have been a Lama who was reborn in Judea and brought Buddhism to the Jews -the 3 wise men being monks who came to look for the reborn buddha -much as they still do to this day... :rolleyes:

Forget the book of Mormons (for now).

You Gotta Read "Lamb" the story of Jesus' best childhood friend~Biff.

Funny as hell.

But interesting also!

Fast book can be read in a night.

Anyone interested in Jesus had aught to check it out.

and those not interested, too!

Tells of his childhood the missing years.

How he learned to meditate

learned kung fu all kinds of stuff!

got this brining the dead back to life thing down...

the kinds of stuff you just mentioned.

great foolishly interesting book.

I read it as homework for tai chi ... didn't think i would think twice about it.

It's pitiful how often i recommend it! LOL.

Shon

Sign in to follow this