Michael81

I Succcumbed

Alright, I'll admit it. I'd been reading Plato's blog and his jubilant praise of structural work such as NCR. As time went by I became more and more tempted by how unconventional it all was, and ended up getting an NCR series last week.

It sure was unusual feeling pressure and movement in different places of my skull. I do notice that my Anxiety level has decreased notably and my general stance feels more solid. It was quite expenisve, but proved interesting.

Edited by Michael81

Actually, you succumbed to the ways of me. I am the one that got Plato into all this in the first place. Of course, his blog doesn't mention the crazy raw foodist from North Carolina. However, should anyone have any negative experiences from NCR, I know nothing, and the above is all mad ravings.

Actually, I did NCR on myself several hundred times over a 3 month period, and a few times since. It gave most of its benefits in the first month or so, and decreased after that. I think I will probably do it some more in a couple years, you have to leave some time in between to let things set.

I actually thought this was going to be about Plato doing anus weight lifting.

Man, he really likes sticking things in his orifices, doesn't he?

Actually, you succumbed to the ways of me. I am the one that got Plato into all this in the first place. Of course, his blog doesn't mention the crazy raw foodist from North Carolina. However, should anyone have any negative experiences from NCR, I know nothing, and the above is all mad ravings.

:) Point noted. I will correct the subtitle.

Actually, I did NCR on myself several hundred times over a 3 month period, and a few times since. It gave most of its benefits in the first month or so, and decreased after that. I think I will probably do it some more in a couple years, you have to leave some time in between to let things set.

Wow, that sounds intense - were you formally trained in the method? I'm thinking of alternating some rolfing with NCR, any thoughts on that? NCR alone was an interesting experience. In the preassessment the Doc pointed out my head was resting a bit tilted to the side and it already has partially corrected.

I actually thought this was going to be about Plato doing anus weight lifting.

Man, he really likes sticking things in his orifices, doesn't he?

:o I doubt many would chronical in detail such adventures on a public forum.

I was not trained at all, other than watching a video of it being done, but

1. I had been a nurse assistant for a while, so I was very good with a blood pressure bulb/cuff

2. I had been using a neti pot for years, so I was experienced at sticking some foreign object up my shnozz

3. The closest NCR doctor is a 5.5 hour drive from here

4. I was unemployed at the time

5. I'm not made of money

So, I did it. It turned out quite well. I can hear a lot better, I have far fewer musculoskeletal issues, and I have much greater range of motion. Certain yoga postures suddenly became possible that I just couldn't do before. I also am much less likely to pull a muscle if I'm exercising, working, running, or other types of things. It has emotional effects as well, but I'm not sure those are as easy to quantify.

The first time your skull pops so loudly that it echoes off the walls of the room, and/or other people ask what that loud popping noise was, you'll know your NCR has done something deep. It was scary when that happened to me, but it wasn't painful. I was actually lying on the floor when that happened, and I blamed it on a floorboard popping, because I couldn't face the possibility that my skull did that. I read one of the testimonial's on Dr. Howell's site, though, where the same thing happened to a lady when she was on a bus, and I was reassured that my skull wasn't going to "fly apart".

Ah!! The next craze!! Give me the youtube vid and let's get to it! :lol:

Sounds like excellent results. So how did you know what passage to enter? The NCR doctors use a technique called proprioception (which tests "patterns of balance") to determine where to do the inflation.

Not sure what anal weight lifting is but on the advice of Plato I got an Aneros and my prostate issues are doing alot better.

I did NCR on myself after Plato told me how great it is. Got a bulb, finger cuts and castor oil. Nothing special: close one nostril, stick a finger cut tied to the bulb, snort it inside until it goes all the way in, and pump the air slowly. If you are lucky, you will survive. :)

I even did it once on Plato but he got scared and eventually went back to Dr. Howel. Now he charges over $1,000 for 3 days, so it makes me think I'm in the wrong profession.

Sounds like excellent results. So how did you know what passage to enter? The NCR doctors use a technique called proprioception (which tests "patterns of balance") to determine where to do the inflation.

That's just something Howell came up with to make himself look better. He's changed the technique probably 10 times, according to the docs I've spoken with. I actually use a form of muscle-testing to choose which passage, but it's not that important, in my opinion. Howell will try to tell you different, but I've spoken with at least 5 or 6 guys who have done this every day for years, and it's pretty clear that the proprioception technique adds nothing important.

"Not sure what anal weight lifting is but on the advice of Plato I got an Aneros and my prostate issues are doing alot better."

I definitely recommend prostate massage. I also recommend general deep massage of the whole pelvic area. Both are very helpful, in my experience. Be careful with your prostate. The best thing I do for my prostate is regular tailbone contractions, strong enough to actually move my tailbone. They really have increased my energy level, and they reduce stagnation in that area very well.

Anal weight lifting is where you stick a rod up your bum. The rod has weights hung from it, and you try to keep the rod from sliding out by contracting/lifting with your anus. Plato had a hilarious story about his girlfriend's parents walking in on him during an anal weightlifting session on the old Healing Tao board. LOL That's one technique I've never tried, he mentioned that it gave him anal bleeding. My guess is that you'd need to pick the right lube. it might be good stuff, though, I haven't tried it.

"I'm thinking of alternating some rolfing with NCR, any thoughts on that?"

I hear Rolfing is great stuff, I'd love to try it if I had the cash to do it. You probably want to do all those big musculoskeletal shifts at a moderate pace. It can really change your world, and you need time to adjust. I heard about a bass guitarist who had a rolfing session the day of a concert, and really had trouble playing, because it had made such big shifts in his structure. NCR's like that, too...you don't want to do anything strenous, physical or emotional, right after an inflation or series or inflations. It can make the bones shift in ways you don't want. Chewing something tough or large is the same way. :)

"I even did it once on Plato but he got scared and eventually went back to Dr. Howel. Now he charges over $1,000 for 3 days, so it makes me think I'm in the wrong profession."

Seriously. Howell's a little out of hand. LOL

That's just something Howell came up with to make himself look better. He's changed the technique probably 10 times, according to the docs I've spoken with. I actually use a form of muscle-testing to choose which passage, but it's not that important, in my opinion. Howell will try to tell you different, but I've spoken with at least 5 or 6 guys who have done this every day for years, and it's pretty clear that the proprioception technique adds nothing important.

Lol, I guess they need it to stretch out the time of an appointment.

You guys are disgusting, I am totally sickened by you and this board, all I was looking for was some true men and instead all I find is a bunch of immature yet senile homos with an obsession for anal games. You guys stink like the shit you dig from your assholes, and I wish you a swift fall into the lower hell realms where Satan shall satilfy your anal itches with pillars of fiery molten lava.

Fuck off you all, you fake cultivators, may the hell swallow your ashes, assholes! And the same applies to the bunch of lesbian dykes who infest this place!! Die screaming, felchers!!!

rosie

NCR--Neurocranial Restructuring works by adjusting the sphenoid, a bone with more leverage over the spine and skull than any other bone.

Other ways to adjust the sphenoid are

Koren Specific Technique, KST.

Biocranial

Alphabiotics.

Agharta..

Are you saying that its safe or semi safe to do this on yourself?

Tough to say. I know a lot of the doctors who practice NCR do it on themselves. There are really only 6 holes that you can inflate a balloon in. The only negatives I ever experienced were

1. If you approach NCR with the wrong attitude, like "intention doesn't matter." you will get a bad result. Fortunately, this sort of thing is usually self-correcting. Darwin's law applies. LOL

2. If you do it too much too soon, the bones get so mobile that the least little thing can knock you out of alignment, like chewing something tough, or heavy exercise.

3. It's pretty emotionally intense. this passes quickly, though.

Tough to say. I know a lot of the doctors who practice NCR do it on themselves. There are really only 6 holes that you can inflate a balloon in. The only negatives I ever experienced were

1. If you approach NCR with the wrong attitude, like "intention doesn't matter." you will get a bad result. Fortunately, this sort of thing is usually self-correcting. Darwin's law applies. LOL

2. If you do it too much too soon, the bones get so mobile that the least little thing can knock you out of alignment, like chewing something tough, or heavy exercise.

3. It's pretty emotionally intense. this passes quickly, though.

I have read this thread and tried to work out what you are discussing - can someone explain NCR - including why? what? how? or is there a link?