Sign in to follow this  
kingfred

Dragon Breathing

Can anyone describe or point me in the direction of learning the Dragon Breathing in Mantak Chia's book "Tan Tien Chi Kung"? He says it's a high pitched hunnnnnn on inhalation but I don't know if the sound i'm making is what he's describing.

Edited by kingfred

What is Mantak Chia's level after all these years?

A very high level...in his credit card :lol:

only ignorance would deny the help his work can give

Agreed.

Mantak Opened the door to this stuff to a lot of folks.

Glenn said that he tested to see one of Mantak's senior students energy & sources by looking at his Aura to see who would pop up and who was protecting the student sure enough Mantak Appeared in the guys aura particularly in the guys crown chakra.

Glenn liked Mantak and thought him to very valuable to westerners searching or starting on the path.

So credit where credit is due Mantak deserves some appreciation regardless of how fat his wallet is now.

And you know what good for him for making a living doing what he loves.

As for the mantra try Huuuuuuuuung.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

Agreed.

Mantak Opened the door to this stuff to a lot of folks.

Glenn said that he tested to see one of Mantak's senior students energy & sources by looking at his Aura to see who would pop up and who was protecting the student sure enough Mantak Appeared in the guys aura particularly in the guys crown chakra.

Glenn liked Mantak and thought him to very valuable to westerners searching or starting on the path.

So credit where credit is due Mantak deserves some appreciation regardless of how fat his wallet is now.

And you know what good for him for making a living doing what he loves.

As for the mantra try Huuuuuuuuung.

Peace

Santiago

I believe Kingfred is asking about "Dragon-Tiger" Breathing which was taught in one of the videos that was done a long time ago in association with David Verdesi. There were a couple of videos which stirred up some controversy many years ago. I can't remember what they were called. They had some practices about using Urine as medicine and other exotic techniques.

Anybody else remember what these tapes were called?

The closest I got to hearing it was one of Michael Winns classes on tape wherein he described to method as too forceful for his vocal cords, and he did demonstrate it briefly. He made it sound really harsh. I doubt this method will be of much use to attempt merely by learning the sound from a written description, or even a recorded one.

Maybe Universal Tao still sells them??

Craig

Can anyone describe or point me in the direction of learning the Dragon Breathing in Mantak Chia's book "Tan Tien Chi Kung"? He says it's a high pitched hunnnnnn on inhalation but I don't know if the sound i'm making is what he's describing.

You are right. Make a really relaxed in breath hunn vibrate your adamsapple . The tiger exhales with a deep growl..lovely sounds. Another level. But simple and natural nonetheless. We did it with chia in darkness retreat in febr.

You are right. Make a really relaxed in breath hunn vibrate your adamsapple . The tiger exhales with a deep growl..lovely sounds. Another level. But simple and natural nonetheless. We did it with chia in darkness retreat in febr.

Funny when you time it right from the bottom of the exhale the tongue flaps into upper position right in time w/ the nnnnnnnn...

Using the tongue/throat to regulate the breath means no tension needed in the torso whatsoeva, no tension = no distractions.

Edited by Spectrum

the dragon-tiger breath adresses the issue of condensing the qi in the lower field, but it has many other health benefits also

please dont experiment from books, unless you are a genius :D

the books are only additional information to the live classes you could learn from teachers or instructors

i think that what i learned to apply from his system until now, is much more valuable than the money i invested in the books and workshops

if something really works for you, it will also improve your health, mind power, and wealth also

money seem to be attracted by energy, isnt this the funniest feedback one could ever have

maybe even the subject of a new topic :D

the dragon breath mentioned here is kinda almost the same sound as....say if you get scared and there's that gasp - only it starts entirely different. think of that sound when you try it....that sound is damn near impossible to explain with words.

<deep sigh>

Condensation Breathing:

best after you have worked out the kinks and "settled" into your standing posture...

exhale & empti lower dt completely compressing all around it like a basketball : dt vacuum forms from bottom to middle of inahel cycle starting as tongue touches palate and the dt compression is released simultaneously. This technique regulates ltd suction w/o abdominal tension. The gap is bridged by the tongue. Long Breathing Rests here as well. When equilibrium is reached continue to inhail by expanding diaphram up and chest out in all directions ever so slightly: dt compression forms as tongue drops and upper cavity relaxes, exhaling w/ the pull of gravity, keep the feeling of keeping the belly button pushed out from the dt/spine on the exhale, then as equilibrium is reached compressing the dt to empti the lower dt completely. it seems various lineages have variations to the method of tongue.

Dave YCT / Spectrum TTB

Sign in to follow this