Cameron

Kunlun Questions Thread

OK some Kunlun questions.

Mantra, I'm hoping you will read this...

2ndly,

Unfortunately, I do not have access to Sifu Lum because of old school traditional protocol. So, I cannot ask him for other meditations for the Tao Ga practices.

I plan on going to Portland in October for the kunlun seminar but I am also hoping that I can ask Sifu Max some questions.

from your experiences, What is the likelihood that Max will allow me to chat with him ? He may be the only person besides Sifu Lum that can help me.

Thanks,

Shabd

I agree with others that the non stop slew of Kunlun threads is getting a little silly. Probably for those not into the Kunlun practice it get's tiresome. I mean, I practice Kunlun and I can see that!

So, until Mantra68 gives the Kunlun Discussion the green light(which I am guessing should be soon) my suggestion is to have one thread where people can ask all the Kunlun questions they want. It will make it easier on others and also simple to navigate for those who want the latest Kunlun question for the day that has probably already been answered about 100 times if you do a search :lol:

Cam

Edited by fiveelementtao

Sure he will talk with you, but if your intention isn't right he'll teach you nothing. Be sure you are cool.

Just tug his sleeve during a break.

See you there,

Chris

Unfortunately, I do not have access to Sifu Lum because of old school traditional protocol. So, I cannot ask him for mao shan meditations for the Spirit Fighting practices.

Hello FET,

there is NO chinese or daoist 'old school protocol' that prohibits a grand-grandstudent to visit and talk to his/her grand-grandteacher. It is actually quite the opposite, just like in every *normal* family all over the world it is considered respectful to visit one's elders and receive their words and suggestions.

What is disrespectful is to trying to overpass one's teacher and walk up the generation stairs, which you don't seem to be after.

I'd suggest that you go and visit Master Lum and I AM SURE you'll hear some very interesting stories about their family "Maoshan" <sic> lineage. Let me know if you need his contact number.

YM

Hello FET,

there is NO chinese or daoist 'old school protocol' that prohibits a grand-grandstudent to visit and talk to his/her grand-grandteacher. It is actually quite the opposite, just like in every *normal* family all over the world it is considered respectful to visit one's elders and receive their words and suggestions.

What is disrespectful is to trying to overpass one's teacher and walk up the generation stairs, which you don't seem to be after.

I'd suggest that you go and visit Master Lum and I AM SURE you'll hear some very interesting stories about their family "Maoshan" <sic> lineage. Let me know if you need his contact number.

YM

YM,

You actually don't know what you are talking about here. You don't have enough information.

fiveelementtao,

Interesting background have you. Thanks for sharing. I'll be interested in what you think of Max's approach. Like what Chris said, during the breaks of the workshop lots of people approach him with quick questions and he is usually in the mood to share what he knows.

Your pal,

Yoda

Thanks, Chris. See you there!

Sure he will talk with you, but if your intention isn't right he'll teach you nothing. Be sure you are cool.

Just tug his sleeve during a break.

See you there,

Chris

You actually don't know what you are talking about here.

That's a possibility, Chris, thou not necessarily to correct one

YM

Edited by YMWong

I'm just wondering as someone who hasn't yet been to a seminar but has the book, what do the Red Phoenix, Burning Palms, 5 Elements and Thunder breathing techniques achieve? :)

Dr Andy,

Good question. Don't know.

My experience: Kunlun is an unwinding type of a practice (unwinding to what???) and Red Phoenix stimulates the pineal area and gives it a vibrating feeling.

My experience is that the practices have been gently balancing out some of my attributes. Nothing dramatic, but in a very progress-as-promised manner which is gratifying.

Your pal,

Yoda

This is amusing as I recently resumed another type of Pineal gland training which opens it in a few sessions, the other night I woke up at 3am and my tongue had partially disappeared, I felt very peaceful and it came back (though was numb for hours) but I haven't done that training since, I figured I shouldn't of mashed the practices together so quick, doh.

Dr. Andy!!!

Do tell what training.

how do you mean it dispeared?

this is very relevant to where I am at just now. I was about to post abut kechari mudra.

Oh it's simple stuff aimed at punting you into the void realm, you sit down close your eyes and relax...and relax and relax some more, go through all your body knocking out the areas offline one by one, be patient, have a postitive attitude, then imagine looking up at the spot in your forehead, don't actually look at it, just imagine it, keep your mind focused, eventually you may feel some sensation, the first 3 times I didn't feel anything then my body just kinda vanished from my awareness on attempt 4 (night time works best when it's quiet), I felt boundless energy, it was like an explosion of sorts, very hard to explain, you'd never forget it thats for sure. Anyway I then pulled back to form as fear came up, since then I had been working on releasing the fear and getting back into that place, well until half my tounge disappeared with the Kunlun mix :P.

When I say it disappeared I mean I woke up at 3am with no front tongue for like a minute, I awoke knowing it was gone, jumped out of bed and walked around a bit and did some mental grounding, asked for help from anything out there that would let me stay in form, then it phased back in but was very numb, heck it's still somewhat numb but getting less so each day, haha. At the time the spot I mentioned in the middle of my head was vibrating very much, quite a peaceful feeling actually. If phasing into the void for a trip is like that then it's a swell place.

Sorry it's a long response but I hope this helps. :)

In essence Kunlun and this Void method aren't harmful on their own, but if you mix them you may get some weird results, I guess it just depends on where you are in your practices.

Edited by Dr. Andy

Ah no it didn't happen like that for me but that video did give me a real laugh, thanks man! By the way, wouldn't you have to cut under your tongue to get it to work?

Edited by Dr. Andy

Cat and Dr Andy,

Nice discussion! Dr Andy, it sounds like you might like to go to a seminar! I'm glad you are grooving on the practice and are conservative about stacking practices!! :lol:

Don't know anything about tongue interphasing, but kechari is covered in detail at advancedyogapractices.com in the book section and the forum.

Re: cutting the tongue, ayp says that it may sometimes be necessary just a tiny bit at a time. I can't do kechari normally, but I had one experience where my tongue stretched on its own for kechari, but I lost the flexibility right after that.

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like doing kechari can cause problems when mixed with kunlun unless it happens spontaneously in which case it is very beneficial.

Your pal,

Yoda

ha, you're welcome.

Well, the thing is, you can get a spontaneous experience of this.

Like all things in practice, it seems to me, there is the teaching that mimics what actually 'should' be happening if your practise is going well. like you 'put on' a smile to keep your crown chakra open, whereas if your meditation is going well, you simply are smiling, involuntarily, unconsciously.

it's the fake it till you make it approach, which often works and is a great way to get into this stuff.

But I know that spontaneous kechari mudra happens, I can feel it being directed that way in my practice. In fact, you can hear about it here

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

It's been happening to me for years spontaneously. It's a slow process as the tongue has a long way to go to pierce the 10th door and press upon the pituitary gland. Along with the spontaneous stretching back, there will be movements out and side to side to sever the frenulum, as it scrapes against the lower teeth. A slow process, but I think energetic preparation is being made so that the soma actually flows once the door is pierced.

I've also heard about damaging your energy body by severing the frenulum intentionally, not to mention speech difficulties. Swami Rajarshi Muni has written most comprehensively on this subject, look him up.

Sincerely,

Satyalok

Cat and Dr Andy,

Nice discussion! Dr Andy, it sounds like you might like to go to a seminar! I'm glad you are grooving on the practice and are conservative about stacking practices!! :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

Oh I'd love to go to a seminar, but alas, England, when they come over here again I'll run on over to one though. Just as long as I don't disappear entirely before then. :lol: I'd love to find someone here to get the transmission charges off and rest of the info like red phoenix. I do have to admit though I don't entirely trust the system due to a lot of the porkies, so I never really assumed I could goof up by mixing and matching.

Edited by Dr. Andy

Pork Pies = Lies

Cockney ryhming slang innit.

I am finding Kunlun Level 1 is doing things to my third eye, just a pressure/tingling but a definite sense of it revolving.

Edited by i_am_sam

I've had my tongue go outwards to my chin during Kunlun a few times, but it felt somewhat like most automatic Kunlun movements.

I had a spontaneous Kechari in December, which was completely felt like my tongue muscle was under the control of some force. It pressed to the roof of my mouth to get a kind of S shape then, went back as far as it could. I think the force realized my limitations so it started working my tongue out frontwards and backwards as if doing stretching repetitions. Then it tried again up my throat. It did that for 20 minutes. It seemed the upper palate and throat area were somehow changing shape as well, receding somehow.

In the end my tongue was stretched and sore, and I felt I had failed the Kechari energy by not getting far enough back. Maybe it was good enough though, because really weird stuff started happening after that, which was like visiting the dentist/orthodontist for 3 weeks straight.

Cat,

If it's going spontaneously it's fine. (Jmo... you might pm Mantra if you have any questions... I have no idea what I'm talking about, just going off second hand information via Lama Oscar.)

Dr Andy, you might also pm Mantra68 about any particular questions especially to see if it's cool to disappear before getting the transmission. Also, if you don't trust the system or the teacher 100%, I'd definitely hold back on interphasing.

My one time doing kechari was when I had read about a third eye exercise involving cutting a ping pong ball in half, taping them over my eyes, and just sitting there with my eyes open. Kind of boring, but then sexual energy rose up, my tongue went into kechari and I had some sort of third eye gasm.

You pal,

Yoda

I couldn't get it to fly after that, but it didn't carry any bliss, amrita, etc so I let it be. PMing the Man is hit or miss.