Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

how do i escape?

This thread may touch on what we are all seeking. Please be blunt.

Everything in this world ends, alters, or changes form. I feel a need to embrace the only thing that I have a relative control over: myself and a potential to experience this world as it is and to escape emotion and rules which are all fleeting and irrelevant.

Please recommend something that I can do every day of my life to transcend the impermanent nature of all things. I want to become the world. I can no longer endure the dualities and cycles of this samsara.

S-CAPE

You make a cape of the S -- the "S" is the serpert-kundalini energy that is built up to the brain and then lowered down -- purified -- to create electromagnetic energy and light which returns to the source -- consciousness. It resonates as the "S" - the tai-chi symbol.

That's the process -- it's called "the small universe" -- you can order a $11 C.D. from http://springforestqigong.com -- the Level 1 sitting meditation. A book on it is called "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" by Charles Luk. Just google "taoist yoga" for a diagram at http://kheper.net

Also you can do basic standing tai-chi movements and then slowly work your way into full-lotus which very quickly transforms your lower emotions (the kundalini as fear, lust, anger, worry, sadness -- into love-light resonating back into PEACE (the consciousness).

Have fun making your cape of the S.

I can no longer endure the dualities and cycles of this samsara.

if that's where you are in your head space, forget about kundalini for the time being.

try surrender. daily communion with the space that's within you and around you. i'm talking about quiet meditation, but i use the word 'communion' to indicate your attitudinal approach.

you'll never escape, and you don't have to 'endure' the dualities and cycles anymore than the river has to 'endure' its own currents. plus, if you can't 'endure' what you face now, what makes you think you can succeed at the Great Work?

if you're sick of duality, then forget about escape, for the very notion recreates it.

as if there is 'escape' vs. 'embrace' no.

there IS NO transcendence without embrace.

you need to find a spiritual teacher. or a counselor.

i gotta go to bed. feel free to PM me if you like. i probably know of someone in your area.

Everything in this world ends, alters, or changes form. I feel a need to embrace the only thing that I have a relative control over: myself and a potential to experience this world as it is and to escape emotion and rules which are all fleeting and irrelevant.

Please recommend something that I can do every day of my life to transcend the impermanent nature of all things. I want to become the world. I can no longer endure the dualities and cycles of this samsara.

Sounds like you need to root yourself my friend. Go back to the Earth for a while. She is loving.

Everything in this world ends, alters, or changes form...

Youve set your 'self' up against 'the world' . Now your body is exhausted by illusory fear.

Doesnt that get a bit boring ?

"You" will NEVER be free, saved . liberated, immune ...whatever goal 'youve' dreamt up.

Is that blunt ?

Perhaps your 'self' is just one brand of noise in the body.

'Escape' into 'the World'. Penetrate its nature.That should keep 'you' busy :lol:

Edited by cloud recluse

Make a connection with a legit Buddhist teacher. Until then, try to avoid doing negative actions.

Thank you all. Perfectly blunt.

I think I was expecting to be told that my desire for a certain freedom was a dualistic and futile challenge in itself. I needed to here it from you all.

Heres to embracing!

what did you mean by "the bird is in the tree"

Rainbow, the Samsara thats bugging you IS Nirvana.

IF it really is bugging you that bad , the Ego must really be smashing up against the Flow.

This brings your Ego-project out into the open , its exposed itself , rendered itself open to inspection .

I came across this a little while back and found it quite inspirational.

Give up the world; give up self; finally, give up God.

Find god in rhododendrons and rocks,

passers-by, your cat.

Pare your beliefs, your absolutes.

Make it simple; make it clean.

No carry-on luggage allowed.

Examine all you have

with a loving and critical eye, then

throw away some more.

Repeat. Repeat.

Keep this and only this:

what your heart beats loudly for

what feels heavy and full in your gut.

There will only be one or two

things you will keep,

and they will fit lightly

in your pocket.

~ Sheri Hostetler ~

must dissolve the ego

This assumes "Ego", a convention of speech, is solid.

Embrace life, lure attention away from this double-bind , let it fall apart by itself. You cant do it, coz 'you' are 'it'.

Check out DESIRE by Daniel Odier, on how to embrace Samara as Nirvana .

You can analyse the ego to reveal its self-defeating nature , but you will NEVER dissolve it.

Edited by cloud recluse

This assumes "Ego", a convention of speech, is solid.

Embrace life, lure attention away from this double-bind , let it fall apart by itself. You cant do it, coz 'you' are 'it'.

Check out DESIRE by Daniel Odier, on how to embrace Samara as Nirvana .

You can analyse the ego to reveal its self-defeating nature , but you will NEVER dissolve it.

Daniel Odier is VERY GOOD!

When I'm feeling out of sorts I'll read some Eckhardt Tolle or listen to the (free) Zen inspired talks of Michael McAllister podcasts(infinitesmile.org), both sooth my mind, as does a nice long walk in nature.

We're stuck here in the world. There's no escape (cept one?) but there is skillful means for dealing with it, Tolle and McAllister have clues.

There's also friends, beer, hope and the pursuit of dslfkjxi- not pursuing anything.

Michael

You're in a very, very deep hole and there's no way out. What do you do?

go to sleep ?

When I'm feeling out of sorts I'll read some Eckhardt Tolle or listen to the (free) Zen inspired talks of Michael McAllister podcasts(infinitesmile.org), both sooth my mind, as does a nice long walk in nature.

We're stuck here in the world. There's no escape (cept one?) but there is skillful means for dealing with it, Tolle and McAllister have clues.

There's also friends, beer, hope and the pursuit of dslfkjxi- not pursuing anything.

Michael

LOL!

Great.

Am listening to him right now :D

I like his voice.

and he does give some stuff to think on!

Eric23 ~ Love the poem, have sent it on!

Such great heartfelt advice from all.

Hope some of it helps/clicks Rainbow!

think someone said there's no escape!

Enjoy it for what it is.

Sometimes it's Pure Hell!

be intimate with it, stay present!

Sometimes it's bliss, It's all a study of comparisons!

If you stay with it (u are it)

Present with it/u

then there is nothing to compare!

(i am telling my self also! :P )

Peace !

Shon

You're in a very, very deep hole and there's no way out. What do you do?

... Is there spiders in this hole???

I so Don't Want to sleep with spiders!!!

:P

And have you got the discipline to do something every day of your life?

Also you say:

"I want to become the world (the universe maybe, even). "

And also

"I want to trascend the impermanent nature of all things".

Those two desire are not the same (although they might seem so).

They would be if you were assuming that the world (the universe) was unchanging, permanent.

But what if that is evolving to?

Would you rather go along with the ride, or reach stillness and that's it.

So eventually you'll need to chose.

Sarama's Samarasa is the antidote to samsara, just as Siva is the antidote to Visa.

When deep in the hole, rise up in the elevator of the deepest Samadhi until the shunyata becomes your floor.

"Oh you deep thinkers, ask yourself deep within your heart-will-spirit,

upon what the All-One-Maker Stands Beholding All," RV 10.81

Edited by Xienkula1

Pay attention. Let go.

S-CAPE

You make a cape of the S -- the "S" is the serpert-kundalini energy that is built up to the brain and then lowered down -- purified -- to create electromagnetic energy and light which returns to the source -- consciousness. It resonates as the "S" - the tai-chi symbol.

That's the process -- it's called "the small universe" -- you can order a $11 C.D. from http://springforestqigong.com -- the Level 1 sitting meditation. A book on it is called "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" by Charles Luk. Just google "taoist yoga" for a diagram at http://kheper.net

Also you can do basic standing tai-chi movements and then slowly work your way into full-lotus which very quickly transforms your lower emotions (the kundalini as fear, lust, anger, worry, sadness -- into love-light resonating back into PEACE (the consciousness).

Have fun making your cape of the S.

Drew what are you talking about? did you even read the original post?

Its a common theme for you to be talking to yourself in your posts.. this isn't a blog.. its a conversation.

Rainbow, have you found any teachers that you resonate well with? physical presence is highly recommended but there are teachers that post free videos you can view online

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuruSwamiG

http://www.adyashanti.org/

hope this helps, PM me if you'd like to talk.. i'm all about this freakiness

Edited by mikaelz

Rikikesh -- a fucking Western spa -- that's what it is.

India will be OUT OF WATER in about 15 years.

That's what I'm talking about. This reminds me of a "conversation" I had with this dude a couple weeks ago. I was sitting in full-lotus, and had an "O at a D" with this chick across the street, while I was reading or eating or something.

So the dude is on his cell phone and with an Indian accent, looking Indian, says that he's vegetarian (he's eating Chinese).

He's right next to me and starts talking about me -- "sitting in full-lotus in a chair?" "Should he be doing that? " "He's staring." "Should he be doing that?"

So he hangs up with his friend and I turn to him and say:

"You're from Dehli right? New Dehli?"

He's shocked.

"How did you know?"

So I come out of my full-lotus trance and realize that I had recognized his accent as the same as the lady I know who works at my bank -- and she's from New Dehli -- so my "consciousness" had made that connection with me acknowledging the reason why. I just intuitively knew the answer.

I explain that to him -- and to myself as well!!

That's what I'm talking about.

So the New Delhi dude brags how hotel rooms cost $600 a night now! I exclaim surely there's cheaper rooms in New Dehli.

We chat a bit more -- he states how he just got his MBA from Carlson School of Management....

Ah... India. 40 million middle class (out of 1 billion people) and how spiritual it is to have a cell phone, be transcontinental, vegetarian .... and a business degree.

That's MY conversation.

What's yours?

LOL Drew, you're quite a character.. so cracked out on bliss you don't even make sense.

enjoy

mikael

"You" can do nothing to transcend - "you" are what "you" are trying to transcend.

The doing perpetuates the illusion.

It is better to just sit and breath and smile.

How does one become what they already always are?

How does the thought "I am" extinguish itself?

One interesting exercise is to spend some time looking at who it is that you are?

Who is asking that question?

Who wants to know who is asking the question?

See if "you" can pin that down....

When you are tired of it, site, smile, breath...

Sign in to follow this