Trunk

twiddle your tan tien

You might like this one...

twiddle.jpg

I went to your site and read about the small orbit. Ive noticed that orbit for a while now, it just happened naturally but I had no idea what it was. I just let it happen and thought a little about how fucked up I must have been when my microcosmic orbit was so small, hahaha.

No, seriously, Ive explored many orbits in the body but I dont now the traditional names of them. Ive learned some names here at taobums though. Where did you learn about the small orbit Trunk? Is it Mantak Chia stuff?

Another funny thing is that I clicked further into your site and read about a breathing exercise where you focus on the s-l-o-w exhale. I just came out of a meditation where I did just that. It created a great space in my abdomen, as if it where a big hall with ecco and everything.

Where did you learn about the small orbit Trunk? Is it Mantak Chia stuff?
Some years ago, on the HT site, someone mentioned about the little orbit. Also, it's not uncommon in Taoist systems, I think. Sun Do has an approach of really, really, stabalizing and filling the lower before moving up. Another system, that I can't mention, same.

MChia doesn't promote this idea, as far as I know. MWinn's LTT breathing methods, and the placement within his sequence, exhibits some of this approach.

The essay has been there for several yrs. The parts of the essay that I just added were the twiddling and the graphic & quote re: Ren4 thru Ren7 at the bottom. Those acupoints, that area, is horrendously important - per the things that are said about the points in A Manual... and, of course, this is one of the main areas that tends to bind up when people mess around with retention.

The twiddling I find to be suprisingly effective. It has a tapping quality that is part of what makes EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) so effective. Tapping acupoints is a really potent approach. And, of course, twiddling is something that can be done while couch potatoing. Give it a try for a few days; I think you'll be surprised. I was, am.

Also, it's part of a series of lower tan tien massage methods that I've been exploring, from heavier -> lighter: Bongers, HoMedics gizmo, twiddling. (All in the massage section.) Plato had promoted some more aggressive massage tools/method way back when, but they didn't suit my body. So, I've been on the lookout for quite a long while for effective ways to massage the area between the belly button and pubic bone. (Including not-massage methods, such as breathing, etc.)

Another funny thing is that I clicked further into your site and read about a breathing exercise where you focus on the s-l-o-w exhale. I just came out of a meditation where I did just that. It created a great space in my abdomen, as if it where a big hall with echo and everything.
Spaciousness is a good sign. :)

Winn did/does teach the little orbit. I remember practicing it along with a small qigong movement in one of his Asheville classes.

Another nice one I learned a few weeks ago froma student of Master Chen is just breathing up from the hui yin to below the heart and then breathing down again. Sort of like washing the bottom part of the central channel. She also had us doing reverse breathing to the ming men and exhale to the front of the tan tien as well as breathing around the belt channel.

I think I remember Max also mentioning going up and down the bottom part of the central channel when doing Kunlun(between the heart and genitals/hui yin)?

Winn did/does teach the little orbit. I remember practicing it along with a small qigong movement in one of his Asheville classes.

Another nice one I learned a few weeks ago froma student of Master Chen is just breathing up from the hui yin to below the heart and then breathing down again. Sort of like washing the bottom part of the central channel. She also had us doing reverse breathing to the ming men and exhale to the front of the tan tien as well as breathing around the belt channel.

I think I remember Max also mentioning going up and down the bottom part of the central channel when doing Kunlun(between the heart and genitals/hui yin)?

Winn says he learned this orbit from Max...

the spinning wudang pearl.

"Spinning the pearl" tell us more?

intersting

The taobums has EVERYTHING!

Wu dang pearl explained by Freeform.

Not quite the same as the regular small orbit though...

Edited by sheng zhen

Winn says he learned this orbit from Max...

the spinning wudang pearl.

Really? I was wondering if the Wudang Orbit was based on the Red Dragon practice Max taught the TB's in NJ. Actually I was about to ask him about it before he taught us but it sounded like the main thing when I mentioned Winn was how Winn said he thought he was an imposter.

That's interesting if true though. Though from what I remember Winn taught the Wudang orbit a bit differently than Max teaches Red Dragon. Unless Red Dragon and Wudang orbit are different practices.

The one thing that would make me believe that is I remember hearing Winn talk about the Wudang orbit in his CD course and he said the guy he learned it from was very into lightning and would actually run to the top of his roof if there was a storm to try to get hit by lightning and was able to ground the energy!

Yang Jwing Ming goes over the small small circulation in his small circulation book/dvd, that's where I learned this one from. :)

Really? I was wondering if the Wudang Orbit was based on the Red Dragon practice Max taught the TB's in NJ. Actually I was about to ask him about it before he taught us but it sounded like the main thing when I mentioned Winn was how Winn said he thought he was an imposter.

That's interesting if true though. Though from what I remember Winn taught the Wudang orbit a bit differently than Max teaches Red Dragon. Unless Red Dragon and Wudang orbit are different practices.

The one thing that would make me believe that is I remember hearing Winn talk about the Wudang orbit in his CD course and he said the guy he learned it from was very into lightning and would actually run to the top of his roof if there was a storm to try to get hit by lightning and was able to ground the energy!

He is talking about Max.

I have a paper from Max my friends gave me that is an Indonesian Circulation where you circulate a small orbit from Hiu Yin to Heart chakra and that is it.

So, you asked Max about Winn...and he said Winn thought he was an imposter? :lol:

Well, if he got struck by lightning at age 6 and it fused his 3rd eye open, I guess he figured it was a valuable training tool. :D

I do wonder why it helped open him, but can kill others, though?

Edited by vortex

So, you asked Max about Winn...and he said Winn thought he was an imposter? :lol:

Well, if he got struck by lightning at age 6 and it fused his 3rd eye open, I guess he figured it was a valuable training tool. :D

it helps a lot of people. it's like pure kundalini. it also hurts a lot of people. just like pure kundalini. resistance makes it dangerous.

that's really what we're doing in our practice, isn't it? working eliminate the resistance in our being so we can take on more and more raw energy without damage. to dance with the 'Fire Dragon' at the highest levels.

there's a clip on youtube of a guy working on his bike when lightning strikes right across the lot from him. it was strong enough to send surges into his bike, and just a tiny amount into him. listen to how he describes how he feels. sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtbAvfKgyHU

i've embedded videos before, but i don't remember how. someone clue me in?

Edited by Hundun

it helps a lot of people. it's like pure kundalini. it also hurts a lot of people. just like pure kundalini. resistance makes it dangerous.

that's really what we're doing in our practice, isn't it? working eliminate the resistance in our being so we can take on more and more raw energy without damage. to dance with the 'Fire Dragon' at the highest levels.

there's a clip on youtube of a guy working on his bike when lightning strikes right across the lot from him. it was strong enough to send surges into his bike, and just a tiny amount into him. listen to how he describes how he feels. sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtbAvfKgyHU

i've embedded videos before, but i don't remember how. someone clue me in?

Awesome video reminds me of something that happened to me with Glenn years ago.

I was on the way to go see him and lightning hit my car!

When Max told me he was going to teach us the Red Dragon practice, a secret method to open the orbit in reverse, I remembered how Winn said he got some teachings from Max and how he said the guy who taught him the Wudang Orbit was really into lightning. So that sort of clicked and I wanted to ask him about it. But as soon as I dropped Winn's name the body double thing came up and we were all heading to Starbucks and in a relaxed mode so I didn't want to push it any further.

If Chris wants to confirm that the Red Dragon is what the Wudang Orbit is based on cool, if not, also cool. Doesn't really interest me too much but since someone just said that Winn learned the Wudang orbit from Max(which I don't know is true or not).

Cam

The layer that I've been spending more time on lately is acupoints and channels. It's a layer that is subtle, yet still intimately integrated with the physical.

Here's the pdf's for Ren-4 (GuanYuan) and Ren-6 (QiHai), both of which have been alternately named 'dantien' (among other things).

He is talking about Max.

I have a paper from Max my friends gave me that is an Indonesian Circulation where you circulate a small orbit from Hiu Yin to Heart chakra and that is it.

Then Red Dragon and the Wudang orbit may be different practices. Red Dragon goes around the entire orbit though some of the mechanics of visualization in both sound similar.

Looks like Mantra might not respond in this thread so just want to mention I have no idea if Max taught Winn the Wudang orbit or not just speculation on my part.

Or if Max is the same guy Winn talked about that intentionally tried to get struck by lightning. Though that does sound down his alley from everything I have heard him say about his childhood and love of electricity.

they are different. the small small circulation is designed to open the first and second tricky gates in preparation for full small circulation. a good prerequisite, imho :)

I wonder if a few of you would indulge me by trying twiddling orbit points, including especially those in the "dantien" area - as an experiment, for a week, for a bit of the time while watching tv perhaps.

I'm curious. I'm getting results, but I don't know if this is just me, or if I'm getting results that all of you already had and I didn't, or if we're a lot on a similar page with it. *whew*

twiddle.jpg

I wonder if a few of you would indulge me by trying twiddling orbit points, including especially those in the "dantien" area - as an experiment, for a week, for a bit of the time while watching tv perhaps.

I'm curious. I'm getting results, but I don't know if this is just me, or if I'm getting results that all of you already had and I didn't, or if we're a lot on a similar page with it. *whew*

twiddle.jpg

I might join you in twiddling.

I had one experience a few days ago that shook me off and left me very emotional and excited. Later on I tried twiddeling a littlebit and sudddeny it was ok in just again, my energy centered and calmed just after a few minutes of twiddeling. it worked amazingly well.

twiddle.jpg

I'll give it a shot...although, I dont own a TV :D (If you're gonna sit there, might as well make it in the peace & quiet, imho :lol: )

Edited by joeblast