Sign in to follow this  
Aleph

New, Albuquerque/Austin..

Randall here, just moved out to Austin a bit ago from Albuquerque. Been doing the studying thing for a while now, around these parts I've lurked for quite some time, never registered/posted. I try to keep things pretty simple.. I play my cello/erhu, ride/race some bicycles, spend time with family, and work. Nice to be here, don't feel shy to say hello.

Randall here, just moved out to Austin a bit ago from Albuquerque. Been doing the studying thing for a while now, around these parts I've lurked for quite some time, never registered/posted. I try to keep things pretty simple.. I play my cello/erhu, ride/race some bicycles, spend time with family, and work. Nice to be here, don't feel shy to say hello.

Hello!

:D

Yer a lurker, Dude!

:ph34r:

Good to meet you!

What kind of studying thing ?

Sounds like a good life,

within this child there's a simplistic

longing for simplicity.

Hope your Cello/erhu

Has a voice sweet as the wind!!!

and as passionate!

Peace!

Shon

How did u learn to play Erhu?

self taught ?

just by playing with it?

I play flute but mostly just make noise

:blink:

it's not the flutes falt!

nice to meet you Randall!

Well, I've been studying taoism for several years, just whatever I can get my hands on, really, though I can't speak/read chinese (next goal). I learned how to play Erhu from my classical cello training, just took what I knew of cello/violin and moved it over to Erhu.. Had to learn a few things differently, but it all works out. Doesn't sound half bad, you know?

Nice to be a bum.

Sign in to follow this