froggie

ways to compress chi once you have it gathered (in your dan tien)

Does anyone know articles, books, excersises to compress chi when you have put it in your dan

tien? (just looking for an explanation and various ways and forms to do it, basically)

Hopefully this is a nice thread? :)

THE ESSENCE OF TAI CHI by Waysun Liao is the bone breathing method I always recomend since it worked for me. You can even get the small pocket sized editions which are my favorites.

When you circulate what gathers in your dan tien will be naturally more refined and condensed than what it started out ass. Start with this basic concept, focus on gung more than chi.

I remember reading on the foundation forum that David Verdesi made himself ill trying to complete level 2,so be carefull.

SABRETOOTH.

It is useful to condense the Qi in your lower Dan Tian (LDT) and the end of your Qigong practice. You should guide the Qi down to the LDT with your intention. You may also use your hands to "push" the Qi downward. Once there, you can place both palms over the LDT. For men, place your right hand over the left (opposite for women). You can make contact with your body or have the hands an inch or two away- it's up to you. Visualize the Qi condensing into a small golden ball and then dissolving. Alternately, you can envision the Qi being drawn up into the kidneys for storage. This is a very gentle process that can be done at the end of every practice. There is no reason to do anything more extreme than this. Good luck with your practice.

Guest sykkelpump

Does anyone know articles, books, excersises to compress chi when you have put it in your dan

tien? (just looking for an explanation and various ways and forms to do it, basically)

Hopefully this is a nice thread? :)

When you inhale you suck in with your mind(create a suction or vacuum with your mind) from all directions at the same time at your dantien.relax on the exhale this is called condensing breathing.does only work if your dan tien is enough open

THE ESSENCE OF TAI CHI by Waysun Liao is the bone breathing method I always recomend since it worked for me. You can even get the small pocket sized editions which are my favorites.

I will strongly second that. It's succinct, well written and in plain English. Liao also uses some great metaphors ('chi turbine' etc.. ) that make the concepts very accessible to westerners. This book helped me verify some things that I had begun intuitively doing.

"started out ass" was supposed to be "started out as" in case no one noticed. Unless maybe I missed something?!

HAHAHA

Darin -- can you post a photo of your full-lotus position so we can compare it with Santiago?

Thanks.

Edited by drew hempel

When you circulate what gathers in your dan tien will be naturally more refined and condensed than what it started out ass. Start with this basic concept, focus on gung more than chi.

AND...

quote:

"drew hempel Posted Yesterday, 06:12 PM

"started out ass" was supposed to be "started out as" in case no one noticed. Unless maybe I missed something?!

HAHAHA

Darin -- can you post a photo of your full-lotus position so we can compare it with Santiago?

Thanks."

-----------

thank

YOU.

donkey gong

btw

the teachers i trust have adviced me never intent to press or direct....chiiiiii.

Edited by rain

Thanks.

Who is Santiago? Why do I want to compare myself with him? What does this have to do with the original topic?

It is useful to condense the Qi in your lower Dan Tian (LDT) and the end of your Qigong practice. You should guide the Qi down to the LDT with your intention. You may also use your hands to "push" the Qi downward. Once there, you can place both palms over the LDT. For men, place your right hand over the left (opposite for women). You can make contact with your body or have the hands an inch or two away- it's up to you. Visualize the Qi condensing into a small golden ball and then dissolving. Alternately, you can envision the Qi being drawn up into the kidneys for storage. This is a very gentle process that can be done at the end of every practice. There is no reason to do anything more extreme than this. Good luck with your practice.