sunshine

A thought on Max

So. What do you think?

"Oh no. Another Max thread..."

"Harry writing about Max. This hardcore David-cultist can't be writing anything good..."

"Has Harry converted???"

So. I am just back from a lecture in Bonn/Germany. I had the chance to meet Jan which was great and I had a chance to listen to Max.

No. I won't be changing teachers. I am interested in Kunlun but will have to wait if there will be a stage in my practice were I get permission to try it... if "combinable"...

What I want to share is something different. Recently I was to a TCM congress in Germany and Dr. Tan a famous acupuncturist from San Diego was teaching his balance method. Many like him but quite a few deslike him for his showman-kind of way always pointing out the money aspect.

I fellow student of mine was curious but also prewarned and "handicapped" in his judgement...

later in the break he came to me and said: "I love that guy. You know. there was one moment I knew he is not a showman and just out for the money. He was standing there talking, shaking back and forth and waving his hand in a childlike manner. I have seen the child in him. He IS a big child. I love that man."

You can think about Kunlun what you want, you can consider Max's talk bullshit and other things... but I tell you one thing. This man has a big childlike quality, he is warm-hearted and should be checked out by anyone looking for a teacher.

No. I can't tell you if Kunlun is the "real thing". I can't tell you if it is a "right or a wrong" path, I can't tell you where it leads... but I CAN tell you this guy should not be judged by all you have read. You've got to meet him and see for yourself.

Why I don't pick up the practice?

I am happy with mine :)

enjoy a great weekend

:)

Harry

I have friends that trained with Max many moons ago in Hawaii. But back then it was more Bagua & wudan stuff with a little Bon Po & standing Chi gung.

It was not bottled up as "Kun Lun". There was a lot of thunder breathing practice done back then. Which i learned a different form of that from Glenn & My Bon po Lama.

The little I knew of the old Max is very good. At times he is theatrical but he is good at what he does.

Funny though the old folks that trained with him say that the person now out there in the for-front is not the MAX they knew before and doesn't even look like him.

The little I have seen from old videos is good and on the money with powerhouse energy folks. I do not know what he is doing now however.

Peace

S

So. What do you think?

"Oh no. Another Max thread..."

"Harry writing about Max. This hardcore David-cultist can't be writing anything good..."

"Has Harry converted???"

So. I am just back from a lecture in Bonn/Germany. I had the chance to meet Jan which was great and I had a chance to listen to Max.

No. I won't be changing teachers. I am interested in Kunlun but will have to wait if there will be a stage in my practice were I get permission to try it... if "combinable"...

What I want to share is something different. Recently I was to a TCM congress in Germany and Dr. Tan a famous acupuncturist from San Diego was teaching his balance method. Many like him but quite a few deslike him for his showman-kind of way always pointing out the money aspect.

I fellow student of mine was curious but also prewarned and "handicapped" in his judgement...

later in the break he came to me and said: "I love that guy. You know. there was one moment I knew he is not a showman and just out for the money. He was standing there talking, shaking back and forth and waving his hand in a childlike manner. I have seen the child in him. He IS a big child. I love that man."

You can think about Kunlun what you want, you can consider Max's talk bullshit and other things... but I tell you one thing. This man has a big childlike quality, he is warm-hearted and should be checked out by anyone looking for a teacher.

No. I can't tell you if Kunlun is the "real thing". I can't tell you if it is a "right or a wrong" path, I can't tell you where it leads... but I CAN tell you this guy should not be judged by all you have read. You've got to meet him and see for yourself.

Why I don't pick up the practice?

I am happy with mine :)

enjoy a great weekend

:)

Harry

Harry nice post! I have not met Max but from what I have heard and practiced from the book he seems very authentic. Funny thing the other day I was doing Kunlun and decided to lay down and meditate. I saw images and felt such bliss I didn't want to leave that place I was in. Now the power I was seeking (IE:John Changs power) seems very Trivial. at one point I was aware that my heart had stopped and the only thing that was able to pull me out was the thought of my responsibilitys and my family. I'm sure David is a very good man I sometimes am a little to quick to judge

Hi Vajrasattva,

Interesting information you have maybe Max changed after a huge enlightening session?

What does Thunder Breathing do and is it a high level practice to Kunlun or part of what he does as Kunlun?

A friend of mine bought his Thunder Breathing DVD from Philip Toledo and said it was a very good meditation and visualization technique. What did you get from doing Thunder Breathing?

Harry,

I agree i myself have judged Max in the past from other peoples comments and people telling me things, one part of me wants to try the practice and one part doesnt for safety reasons. I want to experience what TTBs have with Kunlun and meet max myself i have alot of questions about practices maybe he can help?!

thanks for the post

WYG

Hi Vajrasattva,

Interesting information you have maybe Max changed after a huge enlightening session?

Well i do not know about that. All I know he was a big Tesla freak and did the practices I mentioned before. He was good at what he did. And my 2 friends that studied with him are very impressive. Mind you they also studied with Dr. Glenn Morris & Michael Winn & Mantak aswell. I completed their Bon training for them in Chod and other dzogchen techniques cause Max did not show them that aspect of Bon only Thunder breathing and an Indonesian way to circulate the orbit. Anyhow regardless of techniques these 2 folks have a tremendous amount of juice and one is a BAD ASS internal MA guy and the other is a great healer.

What does Thunder Breathing do and is it a high level practice to Kunlun or part of what he does as Kunlun?

A friend of mine bought his Thunder Breathing DVD from Philip Toledo and said it was a very good meditation and visualization technique. What did you get from doing Thunder Breathing?

Well I do not do it Max's way. I have seen that DVD even that is different than the way he used to show it and how he showed it to my 2 friends years ago. Back then it was only in the 3rd eye type of thing and sometimes with crown. My friend is VERY good at the old way.

I suspect what he taught in the DVD after seeing it is him combining what he knew before to a standard generation for enlightenment technique from Nyingma & Vajrakilaya practice technique involving the heart lotus & rotation of thigle & Phurba + mantra counter clockwise & then clock wise. I should my friends they said that was not at all how he used to teach it. Anyhow my friend can light up a strong glow as if a night light is on in his head in the dark and its noticable. Max's way was a bit to complicated although still effective and worth seeing. I am surprised he is not showing that know it is a good technique. The way I do it is far simpler and the results are clearly seen in the sky above you. Interestingly enough the way I do it is also found in TENAGA DALAM ILMU BATIN from Indonesia.

I do a different version which is also from Bon Po for calling Thunder & LIghtning & I use a breathing technique Glenn showed me. If anyone was in miami this week they should have noticed the short out of nowhere storms the last 4 days. The strongest was at 6am the other morning and today's around 1pm. I used the technique to bring rain for the everglades along with a few of my students where also doing it so the combined focus brought more showers and beautiful skies afterwards. I have noticed it makes me very electric and magnetic. In fact i got shocked when i got out of my car after doing it yesterday as i picked my kids from school up.

Glen did it a lot. He actually managed to get me struck by lightning while i was in my car. It hit my car and the student's car in front of me. It blew out there tire. Glenn was in a house 20 min away doing it and visualizing sending me lightning! Yes he had a great sense of humor! :blink:

I suspect that the technique may also be in Usui's original reiki in japan. Cause the principle is the same as one of its symbols.

I was taught another technique by a Venezuelan old native shaman she showed me a way that for the most part was the same way i perform it and as how GLen did it. She said it was the way storms and healing energy was gathered for working on others.

Harry,

I agree i myself have judged Max in the past from other peoples comments and people telling me things, one part of me wants to try the practice and one part doesnt for safety reasons. I want to experience what TTBs have with Kunlun and meet max myself i have alot of questions about practices maybe he can help?!

thanks for the post

WYG

I like Max. Like i said I like what i saw and what my friends knew. The only weird part is why my friends do not recognize him now and neither does Toledo & Winn.

I must admit the max now looks different than what i have seen. But hey what i did see of him was good. :)

It (Max) is certainly more straight forward than the other clown charging $7,000

a seminar to teach you to be broke and claiming that other masters do not know what chi or dantien or kundalini is....

as my brothers say in Florida city....."NIGGA PLEASE!"

Peace

Santiago

Do you have any dvds on Thunder and lighting practice?

Max does mention if i correctly remember that he says the Advance thunder breathing is higher level to the normal thunder breathing he showed years ago. Would u be willing to share your method of it?

Great information, please tell us more of Glen and your meetings with Max?

WYG

Sorry man, just re reading your post and im really interested in what you have learnt from max and other teachers?

You are a interesting guy, please share?

regards

WYG

Makes me want to do Kunlun more now!!! :lol:

Do you have any dvds on Thunder and lighting practice?

No I do not sorry Glenn did not want KAP on video. So i respect his wishes.

Max does mention if i correctly remember that he says the Advance thunder breathing is higher level to the normal thunder breathing he showed years ago.

Well.....you can't always believe what you hear. One of my closest friends said it this way once....."Max can do everything he says but Max is a Bullshitter". Believe me they know Max better than all the folks studying with him now.

I can tell you that having studied Bon Po for real and seeing Max's DVD, there is stuff missing in the practice he gives either cause he:

1)made it more watered down for westerners

2)is holding out valuable info for what ever reason.

3) Does not know the other practices dzogchen practices that are missing in his Vajra Kilaya practice that he gives.

Either way I can not say or judge you will have to ask Max himself I do not study with him nor ever have.

But with all do respect he is still very good. At least the Max from old days from my friend's days with him and his DVDs with Toledo.

New Max maybe from KPAX. .....Sorry I had to :D it rhymed :) : ) :)

Would u be willing to share your method of it?

its all in the breathing, visualization,and intent you want to use or have. You have to have been able to draw chi good first. Believe it or not its all fundamentals. Go back to belly breathing and understand how to use your Chakras & the 5 elements.

Great information, please tell us more of Glen and your meetings with Max?

WYG

Sorry man, just re reading your post and im really interested in what you have learnt from max and other teachers?

You are a interesting guy, please share?

regards

WYG

Makes me want to do Kunlun more now!!! :lol:

Thanks

I only know a bit from Max from my friends.I do not use it since i have my own practice. But like i said its not bad at all.

Max is talented for sure. I can assure you though had Glenn worn the robes and the funny chinese outfits and acted all "Light & Bliss" and changed his name to swami lama vajra natha ding dong he would put all these guys out of business. Glenn's Kundalini is real so where his siddhis. But he stuck to his wife beaters & cargo shorts and sandals. He was as real as it gets.

peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

"Wife beaters" is such a funny label. :lol:

Cool perspective on the old Max. It sounds like Max has changed a lot to the point that Toledo doesn't even think he's the same guy. Sounds like the new practices are much more accessible to average ability practioners.

Thanks for that, so how can one learn the Kundalini of Glens?

How does one become a Bon Po or monk, and what is given in terms of meditation practice and enlightenment. I mean do they teach each person something different or is there an order to learn there meditations in?

Cheers

WYG

Well, I guess I can`t help but reply to this since I just met max...

I consider myself pretty good at reading people and have extremely high expectations to anyone claiming they can "enlight" people. I`m very sceptical (and it`s with good reason one should be too!), but was happy to finally meet someone who didn`t dissapoint me! Honestly, I had almost given up that people like this even excisted.

I feel that he`s perhaps the most honest and balanced person I`ve ever met, and he had an exeptional ability to se people for who they are and treated everyone with the same respect. I hope everyone gets to meet someone whos this much in harmony with themselves at least once in their lifetime.

I felt incredibly calm around this guy, though maybe a little nervous, since I felt he could see right through me B)

The only weird part is why my friends do not recognize him now and neither does Toledo & Winn.

I must admit the max now looks different than what i have seen. But hey what i did see of him was good. :)

Interesting. What don't you recognize about him exactly? His physical appearance, persona or vibe?

sifumaxdorjiiinnerselfctx8.jpg

Doesn't he basically appear the same now as in those old vids from the 90s?

^ Yea, I believe that is Max v1.0...which some people claim looks different than Max v2.0? :D

Too hard for me to tell with a pic that small tho...plus, it's probably about 10 years old..

I never would have guessed, but then again, it`s a small and dark picture.

I have tons of pictures of myself that doesn`t look like me either,

especially those from 10 years ago :D

The only real difference I think Max has gained some weight(he is still thin but looks like he used to be very thin). I think Chris mentioned he was a vegetarian at one point and that combined with all his practice made him very thin?

I could be wrong here-just remember that being said.

There is a Youtube video of Max also. If this is one of Toledo's videos it's definetly him. Same voice, mannerism etc.

Cam

wr_8zfV22GI

Thanks for that, so how can one learn the Kundalini of Glens? >>

Come to a KAP seminar or come see Rob Williams, or Tao Semko or myself.

I hold seminars every few months or so.

Read Glenn's books so you get in to that "head space".

How does one become a Bon Po or monk, and what is given in terms of meditation practice and enlightenment. I mean do they teach each person something different or is there an order to learn there meditations in?

Cheers

WYG

To me "Kun Lun" and all that stuff is all Old Bon po, Bon goe back 15- 20,000 years.

Ku Means dragon Lung is shakti/prana.

A lot of Bon practices are similar to Taoism & Other forms of Shamanism.

Obviously today Bon is very Buddhist but its much deeper than just that alone.

There is an order in learning things you first start wth Ngong Dro and then move on from there.

Well Real Bon Po is very shamanic & very primal. The thing in Bon Po of today is very buddhist and sutric mixed with the old Bon Visuals & Buddhist practices. To get the OLD bon you have to do the visualizations and go deep with whats there. I trained for 2 years with a Lama. Did Dzogchen, Zhine, Ngon Dro, Tummo, Father Tantra, Mother Tantra, Phowa, Long Life practices (very much like REIKI/ Energy healing) , Retreats, various shamanic healings & Offerings, Dream Yoga, & Trul Khor (the roots of Qi Gong & physical Yogas) Very much based on the use of Tummo & Various postures to open channels etc. Every thing you need is in Dzogchen Ngong Dro But you have to know how to dig it out or access it. Most of the power comes from the transmissions and then applying what you know.

Now the truth is you want to learn bon now you have to go through a LOT OF LAMA ASS KISSING, Dogma, religious bullshit that has nothing to do with the actual shamanic/shakti practices. I was lucky that I already had a kundalini awakening and this particular lama was being very generous with Tao & I so we learned fast. Also we learned by the energy exchanges. (Glenn's method).

what impressed me the most is that its core it was a lot of the same stuff Glenn did.

My suggestion is if you really want Bon study some type of siberian, nepalanese tibetan shamanism. Also you can find som real BON elements in Nyingma.... that mught explain my Max studied nyingma. I have researched with friends in Indonesia and my Silat teachers a lot of Kejawan & Ilmu is very close and similar to Bon Po...could be cause of its ancient Persian conections & ancient Tantric connections.

New Bon is an attempt to save Bon but also make a "church" . I can tell you they have a lot but they hide the good stuff in order to keep people in their "relegion". Also most Lama's like the power and control issues...I can't stand that bullshit.

I was given a Name and a "status" i do not use it nor wear tantric robes. I like being much more down to earth and normal : ). It aint the time to be galaventing in miami in tantric robes...might end up in mental ward : )

When you see a system go past it to its roots and then go past that as well.

Peace

Santiago

• Like 1

To me "Kun Lun" and all that stuff is all Old Bon po, Bon goe back 15- 20,000 years.

Ku Means dragon Lung is shakti/prana.

hmm...

you might be onto something with this association.

kunlun shan is the name of a mountain range in china in xinjiang province. it divides china and tibet. in china kunlun means "dwelling place of the immortals." i can see an argument for the mystics in that region who have Ku Rlung (especially those who were known to cultivate in a thunder storm) being seen as true immortals. perhaps that's the etymological origin of the word. i may research this a little bit.

I have 7 of the Toledo videos purchased during Max's mysterious missing years. :)

The Max I met in NJ was the Max from the videos.

Although in the videos Max was very very thin.. wiry. But at the time he said he wasn't eating very much just basically surviving on tea.

From what I saw in NJ Max sure does like to eat, so there's more bulk and muscle now.

And in the videos he actually had hair. :lol:

Same sense of humour and playfulness.

The feeling I got from the tapes and the person were the same.

Edited by mgd

So Toledo's two person theory doesn't fly... that certainly simplifies things! :lol:

Mgd, how would you summarize how Max's teachings themselves have changed?

I guess it doesn't really matter, but I still find it very interesting, so does anyone know anything about how Max staged his own death and what he did during his missing years? How many years was he "missing"? Chris wrote that he did this to distance himself from the Haiwaiian community/students, why was this? Did he want to start anew?

- I can only echo what Anette L said, I had somewhat high expectations to finally meet Max, since I'd read so much about him, and he did NOT disappoint, he felt very genuine and caring to me, and I felt like he had this amazing inner calm. And his eyes... They are really something, so deep! :) I got the feeling that "this man has been through a LOT", that there are centuries of wisdom behind those eyes.

That his two assistants (Chris and another guy, didn't catch his name, long reddish hair, anyone?) also seems very caring and genuine and also share that same playfulness and serenity add to the feeling that they (Max & co) are indeed very legit.

So Toledo's two person theory doesn't fly... that certainly simplifies things! :lol:

Mgd, how would you summarize how Max's teachings themselves have changed?

How do you explain Michael Winn & my 2 other friends also finding the new max to not the same as the old max..?

Personally, I find it much easier to believe Max changed a lot than to believe some imposter is posing as him.

Especially because he looks pretty similar in the picture and the video that Cam posted to the guy I met at the seminar. And now we have mgd saying (after seeing all of Toledo's videos) that it's the same guy...I trust her! AND people can change a lot in 10 years!

So I don't see why there's this need to perpetuate the drama of this imposter theory. No offense meant by that...it just seems counterproductive to focus on those kinds of things. The practices that Max teaches now work great, and are obviously very effective. B)