Wun Yuen Gong

Max's Radio talk on Root Practice!

Hi Guys,

I was listening to the radio chat with Max and he mentions that Kunlun is a root practice, what exactly does he mean by this and what makes a Root practice?

So whats the Root for Kunlun, is it the heels lifted?

WYG

Hi Guys,

I was listening to the radio chat with Max and he mentions that Kunlun is a root practice, what exactly does he mean by this and what makes a Root practice?

WYG

hey wu is there a link to that?

Hey,

Max was talking really fast, but I think he was saying something to the effect of all the schools and lineages sharing similarities at their highest levels, Kunlun being an example of this. I dunno, that's just what it seemed like to me.

Hi Guys,

WYG

It probably means that Kunlun is the first practice, and all other practices comes from Kunlun. Kunlun is the root and the rest of the worlds practices is the flower.

When I practiced Kunlun it made sense to me because I felt I could better understand the other practices. Also from my spontaneous movements I could recognize movments of other practices. I did some movements one day, I remember, and the next day I saw Ken Cohen do it on a DVD. So it made sense to me at the time.

But Im not shure anymore, there are so many people claiming their practice is the root practice of ALL other practices. I guess they have to do it for marketing. "umm, its nothing special with this practice" isnt really something that generates interest in people ;)

Thanks for explaination, does your spontanious kunlun movements are done seated or you standing up when it happens?

I dont think anyone would know if it is the 1st system or root system but is a very powerful way to promote your system by saying that.

Im just thinking would seated in full lotus be higher level holding the ball posture compared to lifting the heels off the ground?

Also its more natural to be seated on something like a chair, not all can do full lotus so would be a root way for all people by sitting comfortably on a chair?!

just a thought!

WYG

Thanks for explaination, does your spontanious kunlun movements are done seated or you standing up when it happens?

I dont think anyone would know if it is the 1st system or root system but is a very powerful way to promote your system by saying that.

Im just thinking would seated in full lotus be higher level holding the ball posture compared to lifting the heels off the ground?

Also its more natural to be seated on something like a chair, not all can do full lotus so would be a root way for all people by sitting comfortably on a chair?!

just a thought!

WYG

I did it seated. I practiced only for about 5 months.

In Falun Gong thay do hold the ball in full lotus. They also say they have the highest practice. :)

I dont believe in anyone saying these kinds of things anymore. I just do a practice that feels good for me to do.

I also have seated meds that use the ball done seated in a chair and half, full lotus but was wonder if the heels up is a higher level or if the full lotus would effect the chi differently then heels raised, if so how and what differences would it be?

I also have seated meds that use the ball done seated in a chair and half, full lotus but was wonder if the heels up is a higher level or if the full lotus would effect the chi differently then heels raised, if so how and what differences would it be?

But in full lotus you dont have the toes on the ground. I dont think it can compare to full lotus really...its two different things with different effects.

Kunlun position activates the kunlun energy and spontaneous movements, full lotus does a whole lot of other things...

in my limited experience, its a little different, regular K1 & K1 full lotus. I think I've done it full lotus all of about twice, and the ball came about spontaneously.

Yue's got it, that's pretty much what Max said about it.

Every lienage has a practice, style as their main practice. That to me means ROOT practice.

For Max its Kunlun,

like for zen its zazen. Even though so many meditation techniques exist in Buddhism, zen uses zazen, but others are available.

Our minds want more and more. One is not enough. So Max shows you many practices, but really 1 practice is all you need. If you could master one you would have it. Problem is for a beginner one is not enough.

As example there is so much esoteric info on his book, but at first glance one would say, that it ? such a small short book. You may tend to buy a 500 page book on Taoism if you were searching in a bookstore.

That being said, different people have different mindsets. Some are more visual, some more calm, some hyper. For this reason, one practice (technique) dosent work.

In one of Indian books Shiva sutra (The Secret) book I have, there are 131 documented techniques of meditation and they all work. some are totally opposite and meant for different people. We need different styles. Thats why the whole world dosent follow zen or dao or vipassana or yoga. As not every style works for everyone.

I have seen Max, advice few people RP instead of Kunlun, as he probably felt that would work better for them. To me he said Kunlun is your practice.

And its just a matter of forgetting everyhing, and just practicing.