Castor

Hello there Tao bums

Nutshell: I'm a student at M.U.M. in Fairfield, Iowa. I'm really interested in Kunlun and other practices for achieving enlightenment. I've read the first part of Max's book and am waiting patiently to do a workshop to begin my practice. Well, that's all for the intro, I'll see you all in the forums. Peace 'n' Love.

Nutshell: I'm a student at M.U.M. in Fairfield, Iowa. I'm really interested in Kunlun and other practices for achieving enlightenment. I've read the first part of Max's book and am waiting patiently to do a workshop to begin my practice. Well, that's all for the intro, I'll see you all in the forums. Peace 'n' Love.

Hi Castor,

welcome to taobums. Why are you waiting to start your Kunlun practice? Yes, it's fine to have the transmission. Max told me at the work shop that most people never see him personally. That's also the reason for the book. I have been practicing Kunlun long before I met Max and got the transmission. You can have a good start even without the transmission. That's at least my experience and that of a lot of other taobums.

Welcome to taobums! I'd say just try it from the book to see if you like the practice in the first place. Hold the position for a few minutes and then move rhythmically like a sideways rocking chair and see how it feels.

I had heard I should get the transmission first, but if I can start without it then that's great... however, how important is doing kunlun sitting on animal skin?

Its best if you club the animal yourself. :P

Just kidding, most of the people I've talked to just have a rug under them. I purchased a $12 lamb skin from Ikea. I don't know if it improves my Kunlun, but I like the way it feels on my toes.

I got the book a few weeks before a seminar. I practiced for a two weeks without getting any leg motion. It was just the day before the seminar my legs started the spontaneous motion. IMHO Kunlun1 is about hitting the position, forgetting about it, and cooling down. Very simple.

The transmission is nice, particularly if you're going to seriously pursue it, but not a prerequisate for practice.

Yours

Michael

Club Sandwiches

Not Baby Seals :P

Sandwiches, seals, Sandwiches, seals, Sandwiches, seals?

Oh,I like seals.

but seals = no fish in the river ?

but seals on sandwiches ... i'm just not sure?

:P

so hard to decide !

Welcome!

Shon

Thanks for your 2 cents Michael. By the way, do we have to practice outside under a tree? How many of you actually do that?