Son Goku

Opening the heart chakra (changed the title and 1st post)

Dear Bums,

I feel being alive means having attained some level of enlightenment,

That as awareness increases one becomes further enlightened.

I've heard when kundalini is activated through the natural opening of the heart center, it is a much gentler experiance then

when it is activated through working the lower centers.

I hear a Kundalini awakening (a real one) is the mark of 'big enlightenment', where the body begins to quickly evolve, allowing awarness to soar to great heights and continously grow.

[now the questions]

1 Has anyone here had this experiance? (please message me privately if you dont want to say here)

2 How many people have you personally met that you believe had it?

3 How many people alive in the world have this 'big enlightenment?? I've heard various #s on how many people alive now on earth. Of course its hard to accurately say, but please give me a number that you personally believe is close.

Deep thanks to anyone offering sincere info.

Thank you,

Son

Edited by Son Goku

Dear Bums,

[please allow me to preface it with some info I feel will clarify my question]

From my personal experiance, I feel that being alive means having attained some level of enlightenment.

I feel that as awareness increases one becomes further enlightened.

I've heard a Kundalini awakening (a real one) is the mark of 'big enlightenment', where the body begins to quickly evolve, allowing awarness to soar to great heights and continously grow.

[now the questions]

1 Has anyone here had this experiance?? (please message me privately if you dont want to say here)

2 How many people have you personally met that you believe had it?

3 How many people alive in the world have this 'big enlightenment?? I've heard various #s on how many people alive now on earth. Of course its hard to accurately say, but please give me a number that you personally believe is close.

This is something that I am dying to know. Deep thanks to anyone offering sincere info.

Thank you,

Son

"dying to know".........sigh

moah ah ha haa

"dying to know".........sigh

moah ah ha haa

Happy to get a deep laugh out of you Mrs. Hansen.

But if someone would communicate sincerely with me I would be deeply touched and thankful.

Happy to get a deep laugh out of you Mrs. Hansen.

But if someone would communicate sincerely with me I would be deeply touched and thankful.

OK, sure thing. Sincerely recommend reading Gopi Krishna's books. If I remember the titles correctly, Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man, and Living With Kundalini, and maybe something else. I only read the first one, a long time ago. Ever since I did, I never believed anyone who claimed their kundalini was awake, because they didn't claim anything but bliss, goodness, love, light, special abilities, and/or some kind of weirdness... while the real thing, in an average modern human, starts with the most severe illness and psychosis. That's because when kundalini is awakened in an average modern human, she runs into all the blocks of repression, the somatized psychological blocks and the psychologized physical ones alike --

blockages made up of all normal natural human feelings and behaviors that weren't available or weren't allowed and therefore never had a chance to unfold properly, and therefore were never processed adequately and removed from the system. The spine is full of those traumatically induced psychosomatic memories that never reached the neocortex and remained stuffed in the spinal column, the lower brain, and the midbrain. On her way up kundalini butts her head against them with great determination, causing profound mental and physical distress that may take years to process and integrate -- if one is lucky to integrate it at all, the way Gopi Krishna eventually was.

Why is it important to you, SG? Do you suspect you disturbed your kundalini's slumber? There's a difference between when she stirs at the back of the spine once her sleep has been disturbed a bit, and when she does suddenly become wide awake and rushes up. The stirring can be very pleasant, a "promise of something" kind of pleasurable feeling. If that's where you're at, I would leave it at that... I mean it most sincerely.

Edited by Taomeow

OK, sure thing. Sincerely recommend reading Gopi Krishna's books. If I remember the titles correctly, Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man, and Living With Kundalini, and maybe something else. I only read the first one, a long time ago. Ever since I did, I never believed anyone who claimed their kundalini was awake, because they didn't claim anything but bliss, goodness, love, light, special abilities, and/or some kind of weirdness... while the real thing, in an average modern human, starts with the most severe illness and psychosis. That's because when kundalini is awakened in an average modern human, she runs into all the blocks of repression, the somatized psychological blocks and the psychologized physical ones alike --

blockages made up of all normal natural human feelings and behaviors that weren't available or weren't allowed and therefore never had a chance to unfold properly, and therefore were never processed adequately and removed from the system. The spine is full of those traumatically induced psychosomatic memories that never reached the neocortex and remained stuffed in the spinal column, the lower brain, and the midbrain. On her way up kundalini butts her head against them with great determination, causing profound mental and physical distress that may take years to process and integrate -- if one is lucky to integrate it at all, the way Gopi Krishna eventually was.

Why is it important to you, SG? Do you suspect you disturbed your kundalini's slumber? There's a difference between when she stirs at the back of the spine once her sleep has been disturbed a bit, and when she does suddenly become wide awake and rushes up. The stirring can be very pleasant, a "promise of something" kind of pleasurable feeling. If that's where you're at, I would leave it at that... I mean it most sincerely.

Meow, Thank you so much. There was a lot of very helpful information there. I know you are speaking on the matter from a place of wisdom and sincerity. thank you deeply

-Son

I would love to hear from others aswell. Anyone have anything for questions 2 and 3? thanks all

Edited by Son Goku

Meow, Thank you so much. There was a lot of very helpful information there. I know you are speaking on the matter from a place of wisdom and sincerity. thank you deeply

-Son

I would love to hear from others as well. Anyone have anything for questions 2 and 3? thanks all

"The Kundalini magnifies you, so if you were an asshole before you awakened, then afterwards you become wide and gaping."

--Glenn Morris

Awakening the Kundalini or spending a decade in a cave on a mountain doesn't necessarily make one enlightened. spending *every* moment actually *in* the moment and responding to the same divine spark in others that we also have within us possibly does.

-- a student of Glenn Morris

kundalini is not the endgame.

nausea, migraines, chronic fevers, bi-polar episodes, schizophrenic episodes, chronic pain, even cancer.

i work with people who have all of these as a result of kundalini sickness. none of them are holy. some of them aren't even particularly spiritual.

it's been years for me, and i still get fevers, pains, and emotional over-excitabilities every now and again. my kundalini's not fully open, but it's highly aroused, and i go through dramatic transitional periods on occasion.

what's cool is that when i have a significant psychological breakthrough it tends to be followed by an energetic shift that changes my entire body, and i can feel it almost at a cellular level. i can often transmit it to my students as well. because they're entrained to my frequency they often come along for the ride just by virtue of being around me.

awareness can "soar to great heights" without kundalini being awakened. i believe that most, perhaps all, states of consciousness are available to us at any time. often it's immersion in those states that triggers the awakening of kundalini rather than the other way around. as your psyche, your emotions, and your bodies cleanse, those states of awareness start to normalize into consistent traits in your waking consciousness.

slow and steady wins the race. practice hatha yoga or qigong or both. work on your mental/emotional baggage. you can't heal what you don't own, and self-deception will bite you in the ass.

i'm a qigong healer. much of the work i do involves decreasing and sometimes reversing the kundalini flow in the spine. more people have highly aroused kundalini than you might think.

i'm not sure i even know what 'fully awakened kundalini' means.

As far as I'm concerned fuck the Kundalini! I've experienced it several times by accident and nearly died twice. It's my opinion that if you succeed in raising your kundalini to your head you will die.

I had a good battle with K back in January of this year. I screamed in agony as ten-thousand flaming swords ran through me moving further up my body as the day went on. I spent a whole 24 hour period in complete agony and could hardly move. I eventually gritted my teeth and fought the fire back down and after it took me three weeks to recover.

If people think the Kundalini is bollox that's fine but if you want to fuck with it then that's a risk you take alone.

Here's my opinion.

Kundalini in some Indian systems is considered enlightenment, because its used as an inclusive descriptive word for many processes and states. Its not considered anywhere near full enlightenment in Buddhist systems.

Kundalini for me is simply biological cleaning process, just similar to immune system responses, with various cells and compilations working together to clean the ethereal body. (even within this strict definition, people use the word to describe various levels of progress. A tingle in your spine is not opening your heart chakra)

People use metaphors like snakes, fire etc because its difficult to describe, and therefore they latch onto some ancient nomenclature.

The resultant phenomena, like headaches, vibrations, chronic whatevers can be considered positive developments given a long term view, and given the person is aware of the path. However most people are not, so they use the standard rule "if it makes me uncomfy, its bad" This rule is the start of hell.

Theres many really pyschologically messed up people with the process half started and not completing. Some reasons are

1. society doesnt recognize what it is (this is enough for a person to deem himself insane)

2. hodge-podge information. theres this italian woman i know with awakened kundalini who is boxed in by negativity and dis-empowering beliefs. she has created her own cosmology to explain her own state. She has a doctorate, but her cosmology is rediculously illogical and fantastic.

**Our minds are weaker than we assume. Our egos are more fragile than we think**

3.The more you research kundalini, the more bullshit gets passed into your mind as possiblitly.

4. Most people fail to let of of "their life" and relax, they dont meditate, or detox

Edited by de_paradise

From my limited experiance Patrick, no one has to face anything alone.

Honesty and love totally connects us to each other;

Even in physical solitude we're not alone.

I guess it's up to us as practitioners to continuosly cultivate honesty, even at the expense of, what is comfortable, the known.

Here's my opinion.

Kundalini in some Indian systems is considered enlightenment, because its used as an inclusive descriptive word for many processes and states. Its not considered anywhere near full enlightenment in Buddhist systems.

Kundalini for me is simply biological cleaning process, just similar to immune system responses, with various cells and compilations working together to clean the ethereal body. (even within this strict definition, people use the word to describe various levels of progress. A tingle in your spine is not opening your heart chakra)

People use metaphors like snakes, fire etc because its difficult to describe, and therefore they latch onto some ancient nomenclature.

The resultant phenomena, like headaches, vibrations, chronic whatevers can be considered positive developments given a long term view, and given the person is aware of the path. However most people are not, so they use the standard rule "if it makes me uncomfy, its bad" This rule is the start of hell.

Theres many really pyschologically messed up people with the process half started and not completing. Some reasons are

1. society doesnt recognize what it is (this is enough for a person to deem himself insane)

2. hodge-podge information. theres this italian woman i know with awakened kundalini who is boxed in by negativity and dis-empowering beliefs. she has created her own cosmology to explain her own state. She has a doctorate, but her cosmology is rediculously illogical and fantastic.

**Our minds are weaker than we assume. Our egos are more fragile than we think**

3.The more you research kundalini, the more bullshit gets passed into your mind as possiblitly.

I pretty much agree with all that although as said, I really don't want to have another experience like the last one. I gained tons of mystical insights, not all of which I can remember, but I would rather remain slightly dim and not risk my life. Perhaps I don't have a choice but I really did think I was going to die back in January. :mellow:

Perhaps I don't have a choice but I really did think I was going to die back in January. :mellow:

When Vernon Turner approached realization for the first time, he told his mentor 'if I didn't stop, I was going to die', he was advised that the next time it happens, to go ahead and die. He did, and it didn't kill him. :)

However, you can certainly be kind to your body and gently avoid a situation that you decide is not healthy.

Through gentleness we can really progress; gentle with ourselves, gentle with others.

*bows* Thanks for the words of wisdom Taomeow

i believe that most, perhaps all, states of consciousness are available to us at any time. often it's immersion in those states that triggers the awakening of kundalini rather than the other way around. as your psyche, your emotions, and your bodies cleanse, those states of awareness start to normalize into consistent traits in your waking consciousness.

I would tend to agree with this based on my own experiences. I don't do any physical practice but I do like to de-construct my reality, without the use of drugs I hasten to add, and I am often shocked by what people accept to be real. It's mainly because of such insights that I'm so obnoxious. :P

i'm a qigong healer. much of the work i do involves decreasing and sometimes reversing the kundalini flow in the spine. more people have highly aroused kundalini than you might think.

i'm not sure i even know what 'fully awakened kundalini' means.

Yes I figure the Kundalini can run either way and I don't recall reading anything that states that it has to go up. I read something years ago that explained how free electrons flow down through us in the day time but flow up in the evening. Just out of interest electrons apparently travel in a spiral-like motion.

So does anybody want to tell me about the lungs as the masculine feminine spiritual hearts? :unsure:

OU812?

only chocolatecake for me.

DIAMOND D.

o g :)

Edited by rain

Serving up cake. Hold spiraling teacups. Tea is served.

Edited by Spectrum

As far as I'm concerned fuck the Kundalini! I've experienced it several times by accident and nearly died twice. It's my opinion that if you succeed in raising your kundalini to your head you will die.

I had a good battle with K back in January of this year. I screamed in agony as ten-thousand flaming swords ran through me moving further up my body as the day went on. I spent a whole 24 hour period in complete agony and could hardly move. I eventually gritted my teeth and fought the fire back down and after it took me three weeks to recover.

If people think the Kundalini is bollox that's fine but if you want to fuck with it then that's a risk you take alone.

Hi Patrick :)

I have some questions for you, if you don't mind:

1) Exactly what were you doing at the time when your kundalini activated?

2) Did the flames go all of the way up your 'spine' to the crown (top of the head chakra)?

3) Did you gain any special powers as a result of the experience?

4) Have you ever done any cleansing of your central channel (sushumna, or spine) by channeling energy, breath, visualizations etc

5) What type of practices were you doing at the time?

6) Three weeks to recover is a miraculously small time period. For many people it takes years to 'recover' and some never do. What is your secret?

Thanks! :)

TI

There's nothing more painful than the broken heart. Once the heart chakra is open you feel both love and deep sadness. It's overwhelming in both ways. You just learn to live with it and return the "overexcitement" back to consciousness. the lungs (sadness) is the metal energy which when stilled enables the body to create another physical body, as per the book Taoist Yoga. So these two -- heart and lungs -- exchange and deep as you build the jing (tummo, N/um, kundalini) up for stronger chi-shen conversion.

The tears are cleansing. Enjoy.

Hi Son,

I can't answer your questions, but I'll transcribe something that I just listened too, that may strike a chord, even if not for you:

From The Origin Point of Experience... Adyashanti speaking in 1999:

"This is where the word 'trust' comes in. An incredible... a trust that's very destructive to illusion. It's a trust that... it's a trust in the unknown of the self, of the self beyond an experience of the self. It's a trust that takes you deeper into a mystery that you can't touch, that you can't touch. Lots of experience comes out of that mystery, bubbles out, but in and of itself the bubbling out of experience is not... in no way defines the mystery of what you are. This trust, in the mystery alone, is what allows the ripening to continue to ripen. You know? Like a good Cabernet. The juice goes in all at once, the cork goes on, the realization has been had, and then it just ripens and ripens. Nothing need be added or subtracted. The bottle doesn't have to be refilled, and refilled, and refilled, and then emptied out so it suffers and pretends it has nothing, and then refilled, 'I've got it.' And then emptied out, 'I don't have it.' And refilled.

And its a real... its a deepening of a death and a deepening of a life. The death of what always insists on fireworks. And the birth of an ever richer life that sees what always is.

Movement from the gross... from the coarse to the refinedness.. refinement.

Does anybody else have anything? We've got time...

My teacher said to me, years ago, 'You know, if you wait for the mind to stop throwing things up at you, you'll wait a lifetime.' Lifetime after lifetime after... You'll wait and wait and wait and wait. If that's how we measure ourself. By what it throws up or what it doesn't throw up, we'll wait forever. But when we notice that the mind, its just doing what minds do. 'To return to myself I need to go through this.. another cathartic experience.. Ah! That too! Ah.' Welcoming that. That mind bubble. That projection that it contains within itself an empty promise. But welcoming that. 'Ah, there it is again. Trying to get me to chase. You know, like a dog.' 'Go this way, you'll be happy over here.' *laughs* 'You'll be happy when! You'll be happy if!'

It can get very entertaining, actually. It can get very entertaining watching the conditioned mind spin, in ever more subtle ways. You know, the clothing becomes beautiful. You know, that it wears. The spiritual clothing? Oh! God! Its just.. its the best. *laughing* Thats how it works, right? The facades that it spins, um... become more deceptive rather than less, actually. But when you start to get on to it, it doesn't matter. You're just, 'Ah. There it is again.'

What remains? What is it spinning in? What's not spinning? What can't be spun? Even when the mind is spinning its story."

You can listen to the whole thing as a free download from this link.

Todd

OU812?

Cake and tea? I thought you were talking about the red pill.

Also- thanks Todd. I enjoyed the cabernet analogy.

Edited by Son Goku