chinadao

New Member - Writing from China

Welcome. Its great to have people with first hand experience here.

Here's a question, How much time do they(Chang?) expect you to practice daily? Three hours plus? and how much of that time is emptiness style meditation?

Thanks

Michael

Thanks for the reply. I read Cultivating Stillness many years ago as well as a couple of Cleary's various translated works. I labeled Kostas book in the same fantastical category as Castenada's and left them alone. Seeing some people here with connections to the man and his tradition have made me less sceptical and more interested.

A few years ago I swore off reading so many books and watching videos on cultivation. Not a bad idea, but without extra motivation my 'time on the mat' has dwindled, mostly to doing what I want when I want without much discipline. I'll have to get back on the horse and ride longer if I'm going to get anywhere.

Its important to continually get the message from so many here that 90 to 2 hours is required, and maybe thats even minimal.

Michael

Also can you describe what your experiences were with these Masters: Chang, Wang, Jiang?

Seriously that's amazing that you've met all three! So did the middle of your brain burn up? Did you see light? Dead spirits coming to hear them lecture?

Did your organs burn with bliss?

Please stop teasing us and share some details of your rare experiences.

Or maybe write a book about your travels and experiences in China.

Thanks.

Meeting each of the 3 masters I mentioned was an incredible adventure/journey in itself. It involved traveling to Greece (once), Indonesia (3 times), and China (many times). Maybe one day I will write a short story about it. As I said I found them all on my own without the help of any westerner. But with tremendous help from my girlfriend in China who speaks perfect English - it would have been impossible without her.

I was instructed in John Chang's Neigong level 1 and received four of his neikung acupuncture treatments in February 2005. Also spoke on the telephone with Lawrence Blair who made the Ring Of Fire documentary and book. Visited Sifu Chang for testing and corrections in October 2006 at which time Sifu told me my dantien was "almost 40% full" for level 1.

In February 2008 I met Sifu Jiang. Experienced his tremendous power firsthand and received a treatment from him to clear an energy blockage. In May 2008 met Sifu Jiang again and received instruction as well as herbs and his "sweet water". Will meet him again in the near future. Perhaps the most remarkable and exciting thing about Sifu Jiang is he has a number of students who have achieved neigong. He is also very focused on healing and empowering his students.

In February and March 2008 had meetings with Sifu Wang Liping. He is the most kind, sincere, and genuine person. His presence is amazing. I will start studying with him very soon.

It would be impossible for me to put into words all the experiences I've had, but for me the important thing is I'm on the path and will continue the neigong practice with an authentic, qualified/achieved Sifu.

Thanks for sharing! Studying with all 3 of those Sifu's must be quite an amazing experience. I would like to meet one of those 3 one day after all that has been written about them here.

quote: "Perhaps the most remarkable and exciting thing about Sifu Jiang is he has a number of students who have achieved neigong. "

eeehh..???

Edited by rain

Hello Chinadao,

I have been practicing chi kung for many year's now and focusing on the dan tian , which seem's to vibrate at the same time , also I noticed if I remain celebate my physical strength increases by quite a lot , I would say by almost a third, why would I become so much stronger would you know ?

Well done with meeting John Chang and becomming his student.

SABRETOOTH.