Patrick Brown

The arrogance of our pseudo understanding and self importance.

You lost me at "whore".

Try cities i.e. Vanity and greed. And no I'm not religious on the contrary Religion is a control mechanism that serves none but those that would control/enslave.

Perhaps you're just being ironic? Enjoy the irony while it lasts.

Edited by Patrick Brown

Try cities i.e. Vanity and greed. And no I'm not religious on the contrary Religion is a control mechanism that serves none but those that would control/enslave.

Perhaps you're just being ironic? Enjoy the irony while it lasts.

yes. patrick. people play.

"Playing simple games like a child brings people closer. Playing complex games like a grown-up forces people apart."

This is very interesting. I was wondering..childeren do play to develop, do you think it is different for all adults?

you seem a little uneased. something pushed your button?

ideas. and the eyes of the beholder....

Edited by rain

Well, thats why God invented beer.

Its my opinion the world is always falling apart. Every decade brings factors that will bring about The End. Thats the way its been for millennium. Its human nature, we have to grin and bear it. Life goes on.

Though you say we teeter on the brink, there has been a revolutionary prosperity for 100's of millions around the globe in the past generation. That you're even seeing this on the computer points to an incredibly long list of almost magical blessings that have befallen you.

You're right about one thing, if you want to feel good play with kids. The book Pronoia also helps lift ones attitudes.

Off to play ball with the kids.

Michael

Playing simple games like a child brings people closer. Playing complex games like a grown-up forces people apart. Therefore simplicity is great and the children are great. If you have a child teach them nothing as this is folly. It is better to nurture the child within your own heart than to defile the innocence of another.

:D

Yes, Push/Listening hands should be taught in grade schools, marriage counseling places, and in Goverment establishments everywhere!

LOL... i am still soar from playing a little rougher(on my end) yesterday

than needed but my heart is happy!

Peace!

:D

Shon

A confident person is full of their self and therefore has no room for anybody else. An insecure and shy person has room for everybody.

This is not the case in my exprience. I consider myself a confident person. Others say I am, too. But I am at ease with myself. So much so I am happy to let others in. On the other hand, back when I was insecure and shy, during my teenage years, I shut myself off.

I am also not yet ready to believe that nothing can be done. I have faith in human nature, even though so much of what I see tests that faith. I see us, as a race, still stumbling around, blinking in the light, trying to make sense of ouselves and or place in the universe, but that we'll make it in the end.

But then I have a generally positive attitude and it has so far served me well. I can imagine, however, a more bitter experience of the world than mine would lead to a very different view.

Screwtape

A confident person is full of their self and therefore has no room for anybody else. An insecure and shy person has room for everybody.

That's ridiculous. Maybe you are confusing a confident person with an egotistical one. Maybe an insecure and shy person has room for everybody to intrude on their space and do what they want.

wait a second. you're the same guy who was asking about a form suitable for small spaces, right?

both that post and this post illustrate the severe limits and inflexibility in your scope of thinking.

your belief structure is sadly under-informed, which is fine until it is clung to and then flung about like it's The Truth.

know yourself. recognize your own limits. dare to venture outside of your box.

This is not the case in my exprience. I consider myself a confident person. Others say I am, too. But I am at ease with myself. So much so I am happy to let others in. On the other hand, back when I was insecure and shy, during my teenage years, I shut myself off.

When you was insecure and shy you was true but now you have simply joined the orgy and denial of the masses. Of course I could be wrong!

I am also not yet ready to believe that nothing can be done. I have faith in human nature, even though so much of what I see tests that faith. I see us, as a race, still stumbling around, blinking in the light, trying to make sense of ouselves and or place in the universe, but that we'll make it in the end.

Hmm I figure human nature is the crux of the problem! If people could just accept the completely bizarre fact that they are self-conscious then perhaps they would stop hiding in their self-destructive ways? People never kill anybody but themselves!

But then I have a generally positive attitude and it has so far served me well. I can imagine, however, a more bitter experience of the world than mine would lead to a very different view.

Focusing of the positive may mean ignoring the growth of the negative. But hey if you ever need a new heart I'm sure they'll be one available on death row! What price life when it becomes a living hell?

So what part of the Tao Te Ching didn't you get?

So the TTC teaches you how to get pushed around and stuff?

The difference is I'm not a bullshitter and a murderer!

What are you talking about? :blink:

you seem to be doing exactly what you are criticizing the world for...

arrogance of opinion, shutting others out, anger (stemming from some fear or insecurity), and judgment. how you see the world is merely a reflection of how you see yourself, when you are more in balance the world will be in balance. changing the world does nothing, changing your perception of the world does, however. compassion and understanding are the only ways out, I speak from experience (still got a lot of work to go, just throwing what I've seen out there for anyone to chew on). having any sort of arching (you're really the one, pigeon-holing the whole world), definite opinion about anything is dangerous and wreaks of illusion. beleive it or not but there is a lot of change going on, people are beginning to wake up.

clinton-

your space limitations are the context, and yes, that had something to do with your question. just as the media biases and political lies are a context and have something to do with your rant.

maybe my words are too blunt. if so, then it doesn't matter what i say. you're not listening.

you're allowing en extremely narrow context to define your reality. of course some politicians lie. but what do lying politicians have to do with the medical breakthroughs, transportation breakthroughs, scientific breakthroughs, and technological breakthroughs, and yes, even policy reforms, from which we have all benefited? for all of the lies and injustices that exist in the world, i'd rather have a toothache or an infected wound today than at any other time period in history. i like paved roads, stop lights, sewage systems and homes that don't just fall apart. we live in a pretty amazing world that's beautiful and grotesque at the same time. this has always been true. to fashion a conceptual scheme based on a handful of negatives (and it's way worse than what you've articulated, as i'm sure you know) is sadly under-informed.

"you can never own anything and traveling the world is vanity."

and yet you know of the Tao and Tantrism and Tai Chi because of those vain ones who came before you. the entire statement rather glib.

"An insecure and shy person has room for everybody."

what is it that you are assuming in this statement about all insecure and shy people? again, just like the above quote, i think this expresses the very arrogance AND pseudo understanding you're bemoaning. just in a different context than political mainstream.

i've never met anyone who ever straight-out said "i don't know myself." everyone thinks they know themselves well. everyone. including me. luckily i have people around me who help keep me honest and who are forgiving of my arrogance (which i absolutely concede is a flaw in my character- especially in written form).

"PoliTICians and buSINess people are bullshitters that's the truth..."

is that really all they are? you know very well the world is far more nuanced than such a trite declaration can encapsulate. but the more you think in such terms, the more limited your conceptual scheme becomes, even when part of you knows better.

your attitude, at least in this post, is limited, under informed, and inflexible. your attitude about tai chi in a small space was the same.

dismiss if you like. i have no particular investment here.

Edited by Hundun

When you was insecure and shy you was true but now you have simply joined the orgy and denial of the masses. Of course I could be wrong!

I am afraid you are indeed wrong, and for the reasons I have already given. It really is not so simple; not so black and white. Perhaps what you are saying is true for you and you ar assuming it is true for everyone else? But I, also, could be wrong.

Focusing of the positive may mean ignoring the growth of the negative. But hey if you ever need a new heart I'm sure they'll be one available on death row! What price life when it becomes a living hell?

I said nothing about focusing on the positive. I said I have a positive attitude. I see the negative everywhere. With respect, I see it in your posts. My life is by no means hell, even when it goes badly.

Screwtape

Edited by Uncle Screwtape

Well all I have left to say is that I do flow through this world but I'm not ignorant of the realities of it. I haven't sold out to any form of mutual masturbation so it may be easier for me to see the folly of the modern world. Hey I know how to play the game but it's all rather tasteless.

This thread was more about pointing rather than stating but it seems that most of the commentaries have mistaken the words for the reality. Is that my conditioning or yours?

So I Let sleeping dogs lie, as they say.