Lozen

favorite jackie chan movie?

My friend is moving in with his girlfriend and gave me like ten jackie chan movies and i have no idea which one(s) to watch first! any preferences?

i have:

who am i

rumble in the bronx

mr. nice guy

ten fingers of death

the drunken master

the killer meteors

operation condor

super cop

spiritual kung fu

i also have these other free movies:

Austin Powers

Harrison Bergeron

the spy who shagged me

king pin

vision quest

billy madison

snatch

quidam

ghost dog

dralion

kiss the dragon

final fantasy: the spirits within

the last emperor (i have seen this one and i love it)

i am not a movie person, help!!

snatch is awesome. classic denis farina frustration and cussing. the whole cast is terrific. i dont know how brad pitt came up with that accent either. brilliant stuff.

the austin powers stuff is great too.

Jackie Chan makes fantastic movies. Always remember to keep watching during and after the credits as most of his films have outtakes at the end (including the one (can't remember which film) in which he jumps onto a moving boat, breaks his ankle but carries on filming! He then spends some of the rest of the movie (including a water skiing scene) with his entire foot in plaster)

Of the ones you have, Rubble in the Bronx is a fantasic film. I love that one. Operation Condor is good, SuperCop is good. (well, all the others are good too, he donsn't make bad films, they are all a joy to watch, but some are better than others). Rumble is probably the most action packed of them (though I've not seen ten fingers, killer meteors or even spiritual kung fu. Hum, must update my collection!)

I'd say start with Rumble, then go out and buy/rent First Strike!

Of the ohers you have, Austin Powers is always funny, king pin is funny, Final Fantasy is interesting, ghost dog is good, haven't seen the rest

Let us know what you watch!

Love Jackie Chan. I really like Jet Li movies. Although I would have to say that "Kiss of the Dragon" was not on my ultimate favorites of all time, its still good. Just recently watched "Unleashed", that was excellent. It blended his unrelenting martial arts skills with his strong ability to act.

The visuals on "Final Fantasy" are fantasic, but if you are not a sci-fi or fantasy type of person, or the type to love movies at armaggedon proportions, this may seem a little boring. :huh:

"Kingpin" is just wrong in some parts. Once you watch it, I know at least two gestures that if you see someone doing afterward, you will shudder and cringe. B)

I also enjoyed "Snatch". It was funny and had people making :o faces. I guess on some scenes, even :blink: would suffice. The last time I watched this was back-to-back with "Boondock Saints" which I thought worked out great.

But as far as suggestion goes on watching the Chan movies, I know I would probably watch them in chronological order from the very first once released to the last. My two copper pieces!

May the entertainment serve you well,

-J

Jet Li is the man. I like everything he does. Hero was visually amazing.

Jacky is funny. Was around the world in 80 days any good? I heard it bombed at the box office..

I also love Jet Li movies. He is a good actor as well as a great martial artist. I loved Twin Warriors in particular.

Around the World in 80 Days was quite good. Steve Coogan was a bit annoying at times (even though I like him normally). There wasn't so much action as in his previous films, but it was enjoyable. Worth watching.

Thanks everyone! I will watch all of these eventually, just trying to decide on an order. I watched Snatch yesterday and wasn't that impressed. I forgot to say I am ridiculously picky which is probably why I'm not a movie person--I usually only rent or go see stuff that everyone tells me is really really good. My favorite part was the quote about London cos I lived in Oxford for 8 months... "fish and chips, day old tea, bad food, worse weather, mary poppins, london!" i thought that was classic. I think next I'm either going to watch Operation Condor or Spiritual Kung Fu. But who knows. I've been doing so much processing lately that I just want to watch some kind of Dumb and Dumber equivalant, but I just got tickets for Star Wars matinee, so there goes that idea. :)