old3bob

when & why can seeking enlightenment be dangerous?

It seems that progress to enlightenment is inevitable in the human race.   Even in my lifetime there has been great progress in caring for various species and ecosystems.

Some humans like to accelerate that progress by education (educare: to draw out from), developing right relationships, and learning to love themselves.

Further acceleration is possible through right meditation and  right relationship with higher beings - but such paths can be misunderstood, misapplied, and misleading. 

Yet further acceleration may be possible through specific techniques/practices but access to pure versions is much rarer than youtube presentations make out.   Damage and karma may last many lifetimes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Thank you !

Its nice  that you think  wisdom is typical of me    :) 

jokers are not dumb, but....

download.jpg.649619219a8fb5b78739ebec7ced3c77.jpg

22 hours ago, Lairg said:

Much more:

- control and refinement of all aspects of the persona (mask)

- resolution of personal karma

- alignment of subplane substance so that the Light from on High has a straight internal path

- the intent to be at one with all

- admission to the company of sages of various species.

This last allows coherent participation in the unfoldment of the solar system

Being that I have an electrical background I like the term transformer, with all beings in creation having their place as a transformer at some level to to some degree.   For instance a spiritual master being like a transformer of more powerful energies so that a "normal" human being can withstand and benefit from them....btw none of us can earn grace or mercy , grace and mercy are ones doing the choosing. 

I worked as an unqualified electrical mechanic for a year or so.

Karmic energy is like electricity - it follows lines of least resistance.

The life force is referred to in the Hindu tradition as the five electricities (as compared with etheric electricity that travels in wires) and by HPB as fohat.   By first stage enlightenment the human initiate has instinctive control of some of the five electricities on the physical and emotional planes. 

Various entities, including human, can act as transformers.  For example a human gardener may direct intent to plants, sometimes with results such as unusual extra flowers on a stem.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, old3bob said:

none of us can earn grace or mercy , grace and mercy are ones doing the choosing. 

This is an interesting proposition that may well be testable.

A few months ago a woman wanted to be released from family/group karma.  I was not at all sure that she was qualified so I would not request the release.

But I told her to ask the solar systemic Lords of Karma (Lipika Lords) for release and they immediately did it.  The grey arc of karma on her left side immediately was almost all gone.  I was most surprised.

• Thanks 1

Karma exists as potential. 

Don't leave its fate in the hands of imagined beings. 

Take responsibility to create causes for good karma to ripen, instead of trying to erase unfavourable past karma. Most do the latter, that's why there are so few enlightened persons. 

Patience is a good virtue. 

• Like 2

By one account both good and bad karma need to be worked out before first stage enlightenment.

6 minutes ago, Lairg said:

By one account both good and bad karma need to be worked out before first stage enlightenment.

That's your understanding, but not how it actually works. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On occasion it has seemed that I should let the world help me, even though I did not need help.

Perhaps I was mistaken

Genuine sprititual development is not dangerous. It's only dangerous when people practice garbage and mistake it for spritual growth. 

6 hours ago, Lairg said:

This is an interesting proposition that may well be testable.

A few months ago a woman wanted to be released from family/group karma.  I was not at all sure that she was qualified so I would not request the release.

But I told her to ask the solar systemic Lords of Karma (Lipika Lords) for release and they immediately did it.  The grey arc of karma on her left side immediately was almost all gone.  I was most surprised.

meaning in the sense of self-designed manipulation which ego can be so clever or hidden  about

4 hours ago, C T said:

Take responsibility to create causes for good karma to ripen, 

Rather than seek enlightenment, I prefer to seek to become a better person.  A less glamorous path that nevertheless heads in the same direction, arguably with less danger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

another thing is that for a very long time (in history) more advanced methods were kept secret while a student was carefully watched and proven to be ready and able to move on with certain methods.  Now there is so much material available in books and on the internet that many of the traditional safeguards are long gone...with some folks diving right in, for instance with Kundalini Yoga!

8 minutes ago, old3bob said:

another thing is that for a very long time (in history) more advanced methods were kept secret while a student was carefully watched and proven to be ready and able to move on with certain methods.  Now there is so much material available in books and on the internet that many of the traditional safeguards are long gone...with some folks diving right in, for instance with Kundalini Yoga!

possibly, because much more people are capable to integrate these things to their lives.

On 6/9/2023 at 3:54 AM, Taoist Texts said:

their spirituality is a symptom of their karmic innate issues, not the cause.

:nods head:

It's a bit like (many/most) psychologists entering the field because they want to heal themselves, imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

spirit is free and has no innate karma attached to it, thus true "spirituality" wouldn't either....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indiken said:

possibly, because much more people are capable to integrate these things to their lives.

so many people have assumed (some who were fortunate) but sometimes with lots of problems, including those that get snagged by false gurus

1 hour ago, old3bob said:

spirit is free and has no innate karma attached to it, thus true "spirituality" wouldn't either....

Thus "true spirituality" leaves us with nothing to talk about. (Well exceptin' when things go wrong, but that's not real anyway - they was just playin' at bein' spiritual and stuff, and we can ignore that, or stick our noses up in the air, or something.. oops just fell into the god realm)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, old3bob said:

spirit is free and has no innate karma attached to it,

It rather depends upon what is meant by spirit.

10 hours ago, Lairg said:

It rather depends upon what is meant by spirit.

Lets say Spirit/Prana that springs from the Self as well alluded to in the Upanishads.  (for instance in the Chandogya)

Spirit as the essence of Beingness is before Existence and therefore before humanness.

Mostly what humans reference as spirit is aspects of life force that motivates the processes within Existence.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lairg said:

Spirit as the essence of Beingness is before Existence and therefore before humanness.

Mostly what humans reference as spirit is aspects of life force that motivates the processes within Existence.  

I think I hear your drift, but I'd say that there is no before or after separation or break in connection of Spirit, Btw the Self as pointed to in the Upanishads is not limited to human-ness if that is your interpretation of the word?

Language is more a set of pointers to facilitate communal experience between the humans.

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 1

so are you implying  that you've skipped the Upanishads as just another form of common communal goings on?