steve

In memoriam

It appears that Steve Gray, aka Starjumper, has passed on.

Steve was a frequent participant here over the years.

He was brash, outspoken, and entertaining.

He was a practitioner and teacher of Chinese martial arts and neigong and author of A Lineage of Dragons and Zhan Zhuang Power Secrets.

I did not always see eye to eye with Steve but I am sorry to hear of his passing.

My condolences go out to his loved ones. 

Rest in Peace @Starjumper

steve.cats.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 5

Rest in Peace  Starjumper7. B)
Thanks for all the info

(most memorable for me, “Everyone already has dan tiens, it's just another name for chakra.”). :)

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 2

When I first met Steve, seventeen years ago on a now defunct forum, I thought I hated him. He was brash, rude, and full of insults. Over the years I continued to meet him, both here and at other forums, and since I could not avoid him, I learned to tolerate him and to eventually respect him.

Steve is like Kentucky mash whiskey. He's sour but also filled with warmth, and once you meet him you never forget him.

Goodbye, my friend. May your soul live forever in the great void.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

When I first met Steve, seventeen years ago on a now defunct forum, I thought I hated him. He was brash, rude, and full of insults. Over the years I continued to meet him, both here and at other forums, and since I could not avoid him, I learned to tolerate him and to eventually respect him.

Steve is like Kentucky mash whiskey. He's sour but also filled with warmth, and once you meet him you never forget him.

Thank you so much for posting that. Yes, same here. He definitely was an acquired taste (mr. “assassin” … :blink: ). :lol: 

Goodbye, my friend. May your soul live forever in the great void.

He felt at one with the dragons in the mountains, so maybe he joined them. :)

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 6

Yes, I had interesting converse with him for a while .... until he threatened to kill me  ( with his superior iron palm strike to my heart )  :D 

He felt he could beat me in a ' fight to the death '  .

I didn't mind  ... I am gonna die one day anyway    -    he did beat me at that though  .     

I wonder what happened ? He told me once some locals where 'after him' .

if he gets his way , he will probably be an eagle for a while , and soar around all those parts of his spectacular vista  where he lived , that he could not access in his body .

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear this - I always liked Starjumper.

Outspoken but honest in a no b/s kind of a way.

I'll miss him.

RIP.

• Like 3

He was certainly committed to his path full throttle and unapologetically.

In that aspect he garnered some guarded respect from me.

But in his treatment of people... not so much.

C'est la vie.  RIP

• Like 1

The best goodbyes mirror a departing man's personal style but some might not look kindly on a death limerick.  So I'll reign in my poetic inclinations and just say... so long Steve, you were always nice to me. 

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

@liminal_luke

When I pass, if you learn of the joyous news, I hope you will write me a death limerick and post it here - balls to the wall!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Behind the occasional rudeness there was an inquiring mind. If he somehow continues to exist then there will be enough to explore next. If not, than at least he did live with gusto.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nintendao said:

now MarbleHead has a Dragon to ride

Nobody rides this dragon. :angry: 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Nobody rides this dragon. :angry: 

Don’t you think that’s up to the dragon? Starjumper and Marblehad most likely had quite a bit of interaction here over the years. I don’t recall their relationship but I hope at this point there would be no obstacles to love.

• Like 1

People seem to have different reactions to Marblehead and Starjumper but I think they've got plenty in common.  They both might deny it but I think Marblehead was a bit of a starjumper and Starjumper a bit of a marblehead.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I would imagine dragons can only be ridden by invitation and such an invitation would be a precious gift. I’m no dragon but y’all are welcome to ride me when I’m gone. 

IMG_2707.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nintendao said:

now MarbleHead has a Dragon to ride

34 minutes ago, steve said:

Don’t you think that’s up to the dragon? …

I thought Nintendao was being disrespectful.  

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

I’m confused. Understanding others’ feelings through digital media can be elusive for me.

Thanks for clarifying

• Like 3