old3bob

"But consider the Tao..."

I'd say the intrinsic characteristics of things and events could also be called the dance of changing energies and forms and those can only take place in time's and space's,  granted our linear and limited perception of that can be overcome or greatly expanded so to speak to make for a cosmic like, unbounded 3rd eye insight.  Still I was shone that all souls and all things are woven from the very first thing, namely the first and purest  light/prana which is the most subtle and foundational thing in all of creation connected to and coming from the Source, a Source which can not be encompassed by a mind given name.

Edited by old3bob

On 5/31/2023 at 7:38 AM, old3bob said:

I'd say the intrinsic characteristics of things and events could also be called the dance of changing energies and forms and those can only take place in time's and space's,  granted our linear and limited perception of that can be overcome or greatly expanded so to speak to make for a cosmic like, unbounded 3rd eye insight.  Still I was shone that all souls and all things are woven from the very first thing, namely the first and purest  light/prana which is the most subtle and foundational thing in all of creation connected to and coming from the Source, a Source which can not be encompassed by a mind given name.

I sometimes wonder why atoms don't fly apart (aside from the physical electromagnetics explanation).  Why do they stay in the form of say, a fountain pen?  This appears to point to the 'form' being nothing but 'idea'.  The thing that keeps atoms from going outside of the form is that they are based on an idea, a concept, as I see it.  The whole concept of time is so arbitrary and so relative, in the sense that if we were a little further from the sun, time would be a whole different thing.  If our planet was bigger and rotating slower, time would also be a whole different thing.  The concept of time, in our universe, seems to start with rotation.

I too run across 'time' on a bias.  It appears to us as linear, but pre-rotation it wouldn't be.  So is it really there at all?  I am of the current understanding that it is all happening at once, and we have blinders on which only allows us to see it a day at a time.  It always brings me back to the quantum physics of matter being both a particle, which utilizes space; and a wave of probability, which utilizes time for the measurement.  It is the intersection of the two, time and space, where life on this particular planet occurs.  Something spinning different or further from the sun?  Our receptors probably couldn't even pick that up.

• Thanks 1

I agree that it is all happening at once but that is of the very most advanced actual realization/insight....for maybe one out of a billion of us that might be able to maintain for more than an earth minute or an hour, etc.  (btw, are eight out of the 8 billion of those here at Tao bums? probably not ;))  (we can include that there is no enlightenment in a FUTRUE time after working our asses off studying 10 thousand volumes and doing all  the needed Yoga's for multiple lifetimes, that is since it is all happening at once in ultimate reality)

Edited by old3bob

18 hours ago, old3bob said:

I agree that it is all happening at once but that is of the very most advanced actual realization/insight....for maybe one out of a billion of us that might be able to maintain for more than an earth minute or an hour, etc.  (btw, are eight out of the 8 billion of those here at Tao bums? probably not ;))  (we can include that there is no enlightenment in a FUTRUE time after working our asses off studying 10 thousand volumes and doing all  the needed Yoga's for multiple lifetimes, that is since it is all happening at once in ultimate reality)

From my experience, there are two ways of daily realization of this.  One is on an intellectual level, where every time the realization occurs to me it blows my mind each time.  But you're right, one doesn't go walking around in that realization.  I mean, I guess you could, but even walking would be a challenge.

The other aspect of the realization is the lack of pressing distractions getting in the way of daily life.  When my thinking mellowed out, when I became able to think with singularity at the center, this produces a type of joy that is produced just from the ease of life!  Because I'm not putting a bunch of convoluted emotional stuff out there, I'm not getting a bunch of convoluted emotional stuff bouncing back at me.  It seems to be a karmic reaction to changing the way one thinks.

In order to stay sober for the past 41 years, I have had to change my thinking from something negative to something of a more positive force, for the good of everyone, not just me.  When my mind opens up and realizes that the person standing next to me is every bit as important as I am on this planet.  Even if that person is dirty and homeless.  For mental training, especially if that person is dirty and homeless.

It seems that this integrated joy is a result of subtraction of traits that get in the way, rather than new thoughts added to the knowledge base of the brain.  Experiencing it in daily actions and occurrences is all the proof I need.  And acceptance of everything and everybody is the key.

• Like 1