searcher7977

Zhineng Qigong on Sale on Udemy for $10

Not even for free I'd want that.

My advice once and for all:

1. Stay away from anything that is set up according to levels. It's pretty much like a pyramid scheme. The Mo-Pai cult is also structured that way.

2. Stick to traditional methods of training.

Examples:

1. Neijia/Internal Martial Arts. Baguaquan, Taijiquan & Xingyiquan ate the major methods.

2. Buddhist Vipassana if you prefer a less dynamic method and structured around a meditation retreat setting.

3. Find a teacher that is focused on teaching a deep method and who has attained a high level of development and his healthy and vibrant. Beware of charlatans and people who are more interested in making money rather than passing on a genuine method.

4. Foundation work must be also implemented to support your main practice.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Markern you better be selling markers because I don't have any,

I'm going to rob your pendant store and throw it in the City of Slums. I'm sorry I just need more milk and I can't afford any

There's nothing wrong with levels. (As vipassana was recommended: There are levels to be found even in some vippassana teachings.)

(What's "traditional methods of training"?  Baguazhang - 19th century - is it traditional or modern?)

Test what you like with open mind and caution and do what works for you.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 3:35 PM, Gerard said:

Not even for free I'd want that.

1. Stay away from anything that is set up according to levels. It's pretty much like a pyramid scheme. The Mo-Pai cult is also structured that way.

2. Stick to traditional methods of training.

Examples:

1. Neijia/Internal Martial Arts. Baguaquan, Taijiquan & Xingyiquan ate the major methods.

2. Buddhist Vipassana if you prefer a less dynamic method and structured around a meditation retreat setting.

3. Find a teacher that is focused on teaching a deep method and who has attained a high level of development and his healthy and vibrant. Beware of charlatans and people who are more interested in making money rather than passing on a genuine method.

4. Foundation work must be also implemented to support your main practice.

“My advice once and for all”…promise?? Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/22/2023 at 8:35 AM, Gerard said:

As other's have stated, there is nothing wrong with levels in and of it's own.

It helps structure progression, and is used in many martial arts, and keeps things interesting to help motivate you to progress.

What's more telling of a "scam" art I think are "secret" teachings.  Sometimes these are outright kept secret on purpose to extract more cash, and other times as often is the case with Chinese practices, they are simply traditionally kept secret throughout the family, but could end up being nothing more than some great, great, great, great, great Chinese grandfather catching a glimpse of a monkey scratching it's back while he was in an elated spiritual mood, then copying the movement.

I do agree that someone just starting out should go through all the freely available forms, before signing up to a 1000+ dollar online course with someone who calls themself Thunder Wizard, or something like that.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2023 at 12:35 AM, Gerard said:

1. Stay away from anything that is set up according to levels. It's pretty much like a pyramid scheme.

You pay all that dough to get to the last level, then you find out about the double-secret level that no one told you about before.

• Like 1

I have the lift chi up pour chi down course, and can recommend it. The instruction is clear, everything is explained carefully and in line with Chinese medicine theory.

I've never really stuck with zhineng personally, but I know there are lots of people who report significant healing experiences from it. As a medical qigong, you only really need to know the first couple of forms, so there's not much to really worry about in terms of levels.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 2:14 PM, searcher7977 said:

In the past, zhineng qigong was highly regarded among posters here. I just found out both level 1 and level 2 are on sale on udemy for $10 (each): https://www.udemy.com/course/zhineng-qigong-body-mind-form/

Just thought I'd let you all know c:

How long do you suppose to do these "levels" before moving on to the next one?

I was just thinking about this earlier.

On 10/26/2023 at 9:36 PM, Lord Shiva said:

How long do you suppose to do these "levels" before moving on to the next one?

I was just thinking about this earlier.

I am not an expert nor am I really even intermediate. I am at best an advanced beginner, and I didn't do very much zhineng qigong when I discovered it some years ago.

With that out of the way, I would say continue on to the next level when you want to. If you are feeling nothing from level one, you can still continue on to level two. Sometimes there are different pathways or often times in the lineages such things were more lateral techniques than vertical or hierarchical. 

If you are feeling something from level one, level two might help refine it. If you find yourself going deeper and deeper into the first level of practice, you might want to stay there for some weeks or months. If you are short on time, I imagine it would be best to do the foundation or cornerstone, which are usually (but not always!) the first level techniques.

My preference is to always advance when able. Some people are hindered for a very long time unnecessarily by never moving forward, for whatever reason.

According to Chinese Sports Council, Zhineng Qigong is the most powerful medical Qigong system in China after testing over thirty known styles. In the 80s and early 90's Dr Pang's Huaxia clinic had up to 1,5 million visitors that all needed to have the following requirements: They needed to be considered unhealable by Western as well as Eastern medicial standards. The success rate of the clinic was 95%. Dr Pang arranged the system according to levels of difficulty or complexity to learn. That's all. You also can not judge the system by its form as it is probably one of the main teachings of this system and that is that consciousness is fundamental not qi cultivation. So in Zhineng, the physical movements are only means  to gain an experience of the unified field and enter the Qigong state (Rujing/"empty but not yet empty"). Especially its newest methods like "Mingjue training" have this emphasis. The methods help you to enter a state of pure consciousness in which you do the movements. The old system of levels is based on older teachings of Dr. Pang and are still widely taught. His newest findings have a stronger emphasis on the training of heart and consciousness.

Cultivating qi is not the most fundamental; cultivating one’s spirit is. Mastery of qi is really achieved through mastery of consciousness.

Dr. Pang Ming
Founder of Zhineng Qigong and Zhineng Qigong Science
  • Like 1