Greetings Dao Bums!

I have been working on esoteric Buddhism primarily the past few years. That said, I keep up with my Daoist gong fu training. Nelson Ma is offering a Northern Praying Mantis Luohan Gong as a foundation. It is a direct neigong for releasing the spine and unifying the body. Nelson has much to offer and is filming the main 66 form of the style - currently the first quarter is available for purchase. My own training is peripherally related to this art and I've started on the Luohan Gong myself. So far the material is very clearly demonstrated and you can test the body method for the stretch locations as he teaches. I hope to see you guys in the discussion board of the training site.

https://liuhebafa.thinkific.com/collections

• Like 6

On 20/05/2023 at 5:22 PM, GreytoWhite said:

Greetings Dao Bums!

I have been working on esoteric Buddhism primarily the past few years. That said, I keep up with my Daoist gong fu training. Nelson Ma is offering a Northern Praying Mantis Luohan Gong as a foundation. It is a direct neigong for releasing the spine and unifying the body. Nelson has much to offer and is filming the main 66 form of the style - currently the first quarter is available for purchase. My own training is peripherally related to this art and I've started on the Luohan Gong myself. So far the material is very clearly demonstrated and you can test the body method for the stretch locations as he teaches. I hope to see you guys in the discussion board of the training site.

https://liuhebafa.thinkific.com/collections

Ive heard this gentlemans name a few times over the years, its  very nice to see someone else get into the teaching space online :)

Would you care to discuss this a bit further?

Foundation is a bit of a broad term. As I understand it, it would be multidimensional and related to

• Sinking and Anchroing the Breath, Mind and Qi
  • Learning to control the awareness
  • Reconsolidation of the Lower Dan Tien 
  • Opening the Spine, Joints, Kua and the extremeites
  • Creating the Qigong Body (Having the connectivity of the Huang established)
  • Learning the basics of building more qi
  • Purging the Pathogens via practice

Just curious which of the above boxes this ticks. I think it might be informative to others who may be looking to pick up something new

On 5/21/2023 at 3:36 PM, Shadow_self said:

Foundation is a bit of a broad term. As I understand it, it would be multidimensional and related to

• Sinking and Anchroing the Breath, Mind and Qi
  • Learning to control the awareness
  • Reconsolidation of the Lower Dan Tien 
  • Opening the Spine, Joints, Kua and the extremeites
  • Creating the Qigong Body (Having the connectivity of the Huang established)
  • Learning the basics of building more qi
  • Purging the Pathogens via practice

Just curious which of the above boxes this ticks. I think it might be informative to others who may be looking to pick up something new

Please understand, Damo's model is for Damo's teachings and you would be doing yourself a disservice to universalize it. As far as the list goes I can confidently say it does 1, 4, 5, and 7. If you would like to learn more, please feel free to read what Nelson has written about the course and reach out to him. I'm just a beginner student and can't intelligently discuss this material other than to say I started and I have done similar work in other styles that are descendant from people that trained in the style. Liuhebafa is the pinnacle of Chinese gong fu in my opinion and Nelson's instruction is very plain and clearly demonstrated. The good stuff is simple in words but difficult in the body.

https://liuhebafa.thinkific.com/courses/luohangong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GreytoWhite said:

Please understand, Damo's model is for Damo's teachings and you would be doing yourself a disservice to universalize it. As far as the list goes I can confidently say it does 1, 4, 5, and 7. If you would like to learn more, please feel free to read what Nelson has written about the course and reach out to him. I'm just a beginner student and can't intelligently discuss this material other than to say I started and I have done similar work in other styles that are descendant from people that trained in the style. Liuhebafa is the pinnacle of Chinese gong fu in my opinion and Nelson's instruction is very plain and clearly demonstrated. The good stuff is simple in words but difficult in the body.

https://liuhebafa.thinkific.com/courses/luohangong

I appreciate the post :) 

Ive learned a few bits from different teachers, I just prefer Damos terminology as it seems to be the most straightforward in terms of whats required regards prep work for neidan specifically. 

Of course not everyone is interested for foundations regards neidan, but the reason I asked about those was because Nathan Brine recently vouched for Nelson :) so thats where the questions regards the prep work for neidan came in

Some focus more on certain components, I had one person show me methodsfor 3, 5 and 6 , but nothing regards the rest (and maintained that 7 was not possible without an advanced practitioners intervention, though I know thats not the case.

Thank you, and its good to hear someone else vouch for Nelson

LHBF is not something I am familiar personally, hence the question :) 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 12:31 AM, Shadow_self said:

, but the reason I asked about those was because Nathan Brine recently vouched for Nelson :) so thats where the questions regards the prep work for neidan came in

Hi , can I ask where abouts Nathan mentioned Nelson ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bruce Qi said:

many times personally. Nathan has studied with Nelson for several years.

On 5/31/2023 at 2:26 AM, Bruce Qi said:

Nathan is one of Nelson's students and is helping him with the Thinkific course. He is present in the student community as well on Liuhebafa Online. The martial art is deeply influenced by Northern Shaolin and this Luohan Gong aspect is more Buddhist as the Yi Jin Jing work is an important prerequisite to doing Northern Chinese internal arts. Liuhebafa has very Daoist theory and its Animal imagery is more akin to Assyrian mythological creatures than common animals like Xingyiquan.

Sign in to follow this