hopefully that subject line made sense to the kunlun practitioners here ;-)

as i was driving home from errands this afternoon, i got that rushing sound and sensation in my ears that i got at the seminar last weekend and it's been happening off and on for the past few hours (it's really happening strongly right now). since i'm silly and didn't take notes, i don't remember what practice that is and what i should do to encourage it and get more out of it. i know several of you here will be able to help.

thanks!

rebecca

Edited by mentalground0

funny thing, tho....i've had it happen very strongly for the past year, even before hearing about kunlun. and i remember the same sound/sensation when i was young as well. so i really don't think i received it at the seminar, but it was reassuring to find it happening there.

when it happened during the seminar, i had an overwhelming urge to tilt my head back and max repremanded me both times for it :lol:

He didn't want you to tilt your head back? :unsure: Or are you kidding? I ask because lately in practice my head's been tipping back QUITE a bit...I always just let the body do whatever it "wants".

By the way, too bad I didn't get to meet you there.....where were you?

scotty-

i heard max specifically say my name and tell me not to tilt my head back, which i thought was weird too (and at one point i thought it was only in my head and not out loud), so i asked chris/mantra and he said to follow what your body and instincts wanted. i was confused to say the least.

i was near the "quiet" end of the room, tho the lovely lady next to me dropped to the ground quite a few times and was laughing a lot. the only people i talked to were augustleo and his wife. like i've said, i can be reticent in new situations til i get a feel for the person/room.

--rebecca

Hmm the quiet end...by the pitchers of water? Were you the girl with the shaking head? If so I actually did meet you on the first night. If not, then I'm stumped.

I'm also stumped about the don't tilt your head back thing...which doesn't make any sense?

Sorry to go off topic :lol:

So back on topic, I agree with Michael. I'd also like to add: keep smiling. :D

So anyway, the only time that I remember Max really discussing the sound is when he was talking about the time of day to practice, and he said at 3-3:15am if you stand and look at the stars outside then open yourself to the energy, you will get a cold sensation and then the sound will be intense...then something will happen, which he didn't discuss. So that's all I can really remember.

How many of your do the seated meditation of yourself on the lotus in the sky from the Kunlun book?

How much practice do you put into that?

WYG

i heard max specifically say my name and tell me not to tilt my head back, which i thought was weird too (and at one point i thought it was only in my head and not out loud), so i asked chris/mantra and he said to follow what your body and instincts wanted. i was confused to say the least.

i was near the "quiet" end of the room, tho the lovely lady next to me dropped to the ground quite a few times and was laughing a lot. the only people i talked to were augustleo and his wife. like i've said, i can be reticent in new situations til i get a feel for the person/room.

--rebecca

hey rebecca,

in a sense, they were both right. if your activation was not apparent, then the instruction would be that you don't want to block the flow through the spinal channel ("jade pillow gate" at the base of the skull). once activated, however, natural movement can take over.

it's the same thing in certain meditations.

my guess is that that's what was going on with the conflicting messages.

it's been said that kunlun doesn't work with the spine/kundalini energy, but that's the only sense i can make of it.

Edited by Hundun

Hmm the quiet end...by the pitchers of water? Were you the girl with the shaking head? If so I actually did meet you on the first night. If not, then I'm stumped.

I'm also stumped about the don't tilt your head back thing...which doesn't make any sense?

Sorry to go off topic :lol:

So back on topic, I agree with Michael. I'd also like to add: keep smiling. :D

So anyway, the only time that I remember Max really discussing the sound is when he was talking about the time of day to practice, and he said at 3-3:15am if you stand and look at the stars outside then open yourself to the energy, you will get a cold sensation and then the sound will be intense...then something will happen, which he didn't discuss. So that's all I can really remember.

nope....i was behind her, along the back wall. i have reddish hair, pink and brown glasses. it was wild watching her, esp when max would get close - she was so open and sensitive. fantastic!

he talked about the ear sound thing at the beginning of the seminar - i think it was during the first or second thing he taught us - was that red phoenix?

and thanks everyone else for the advice. i know i haven't totally let go yet - i have flashes of it and the laughter hits me anywhere (work, home, walking the dirty sidewalks of philly), but as a writer i go back into my head quite easily, so it's something i have to work on. i'll make it a point to get some kunlun in this week. my intuition tells me it kicked in yesterday b/c the challenges i'm facing right now are coming to a head and i need to be ready.

peace grace and love to everyone on this board

namaste!

As long as flying heads don't endanger self or others, it's cool. :lol:

I dont know about Kunlun's particularities on this topic, but I and many people have experienced this kind of rushing sound which is chi rushing near the ear and inner ear, as it clears and unblocks the head and body.

Even Jesus remarked on it:

"That which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of Spirit is spirit,

Marvel not that I said unto thee: Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof,

But cannot tell whence it comes and where it goeth:

So is every one that is born of the Spirit. "

Common phenomena of subtle body cleaning.

he talked about the ear sound thing at the beginning of the seminar - i think it was during the first or second thing he taught us - was that red phoenix?

I think it was RP...I've got in my notes that when you practice it you might

hear a ringing in your ears or smell fragances...

I've heard sounds to since I was kid....a roaring sound like a train coming, ringing, high pitched tones,

and other interesting sounds. :)

It's pretty much 24/7 but normally bearable, always becoming more pronounced when I pray or meditate or do anything remotely "spiritual".

During the NJ workshop when it was time to practice Gold Flower it kicked in really quickly for me...took off on it's own and made it's way to the different positions ending with a brilliant flash of light and then bringing me into close down. Max came by then and I heard him say that I was in close down and needed to lift my feet, so I did thinking I should listen to him....but it just didn't feel right, it felt like I was done...so I went with my feeling and went back into close down.

Anytime I've resisted moving the way kunlun wanted me to has always resulted in a headache that just won't go away so I've learned to listen to what's inside.

As long as flying heads don't endanger self or others, it's cool. :lol:

it's like back in my headbanging days, but in s l o w m o t i o n :lol:

I dont know about Kunlun's particularities on this topic, but I and many people have experienced this kind of rushing sound which is chi rushing near the ear and inner ear, as it clears and unblocks the head and body.

Even Jesus remarked on it:

"That which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of Spirit is spirit,

Marvel not that I said unto thee: Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof,

But cannot tell whence it comes and where it goeth:

So is every one that is born of the Spirit. "

Common phenomena of subtle body cleaning.

thanks for that quote from that groovy man. and i'd love some blockages cleared out of my head and body right about now :)

I think it was RP...I've got in my notes that when you practice it you might

hear a ringing in your ears or smell fragances...

I've heard sounds to since I was kid....a roaring sound like a train coming, ringing, high pitched tones,

and other interesting sounds. :)

It's pretty much 24/7 but normally bearable, always becoming more pronounced when I pray or meditate or do anything remotely "spiritual".

During the NJ workshop when it was time to practice Gold Flower it kicked in really quickly for me...took off on it's own and made it's way to the different positions ending with a brilliant flash of light and then bringing me into close down. Max came by then and I heard him say that I was in close down and needed to lift my feet, so I did thinking I should listen to him....but it just didn't feel right, it felt like I was done...so I went with my feeling and went back into close down.

Anytime I've resisted moving the way kunlun wanted me to has always resulted in a headache that just won't go away so I've learned to listen to what's inside.

interesting that you've had the sounds since you were a kid as well. i never told anyone growing up b/c i figured everyone heard that stuff.

interesting that you get a headache if you don't follow the kunlun inside. when i moved my head back those times max told me to, i got sick to my stomach afterwards. at least that's making sense now too. thanks for sharing!

Hi,

Interesting, I have experienced the rushing sound, the constant inner sounds, the head moving back (naturally, from the energy), and many more things not listed. Based on my experience and understanding from many sources, these are classic Kundalini signs/experiences. Nothing to be concerned with, just let go of your thinking rational mind and just being is good advice as stated above.

I would surmise that the reason to keep your head from moving back is to insure proper alignment. I have minimized the importance of proper spine alignment in my practices and I can now say based on experience that it is something not to neglect. That is not to say that occasionally letting the head go back is detrimental. Actually, it might be an indication that your alingment in general is off and the energy is trying to adjust you. Ironically or not, this is one of the same movements I am learning in physical therapy in order to heal my severe neck pain, caused by improper posture. And it definitely is working. It is part of the techniques in the Mackenzie Method.

Best,

Matt

Hi,

Interesting, I have experienced the rushing sound, the constant inner sounds, the head moving back (naturally, from the energy), and many more things not listed. Based on my experience and understanding from many sources, these are classic Kundalini signs/experiences. Nothing to be concerned with, just let go of your thinking rational mind and just being is good advice as stated above.

I would surmise that the reason to keep your head from moving back is to insure proper alignment. I have minimized the importance of proper spine alignment in my practices and I can now say based on experience that it is something not to neglect. That is not to say that occasionally letting the head go back is detrimental. Actually, it might be an indication that your alingment in general is off and the energy is trying to adjust you. Ironically or not, this is one of the same movements I am learning in physical therapy in order to heal my severe neck pain, caused by improper posture. And it definitely is working. It is part of the techniques in the Mackenzie Method.

Best,

Matt

i'm sure my alignment is off - i carry a messenger bag every day on my walks to and from work (and occasionally to other sites) with the weight of it resting on my left shoulder, so that does mess with the alignment of left and right sides of my back and neck.

hopefully i can have a moment to myself tonight to get a good kunlun session in :D