styrofoamdog

Wizard Wang Liping?

that's great, did any of them achieve the small heavenly orbit?

Two people achieved SHO. And it was wonderful to see Master Wang assist when it began to happen spontaneously.

As an interesting aside for all the Tao Bums. In the very short time since I posted the group photo from our 10-day retreat with Wang Liping, I and several other people in the photo have been deluged with emails, telephone calls, and PM's from Sean Denty. Asking about the cost of our retreat amongst other things. He was all over us like a bad suit, trying to protect his interests.

I thought everyone on this forum should know.

I haven't bothered to read Sean Denty's 3 PM's he sent to me within 57 minutes. If I do read them, it will only be to share publicly with the Tao Bums.

Also, one of the other people in the group photo requested that I remove the photo and so I will comply with their request. They don't want Sean Denty's hassling. Me, I couldn't care less.

Still in China, I will be back home at the end of the week.

Edward Richards

Chicago, IL

Edited by chinadao

Yeah you got it. For the subtle advanced practice of the small universe to create another physical body read TAOIST YOGA: Alchemy and Immortality -- trans. by Charles Luk. Master chunyi lin told me, after I asked him, that other people TOLD HIM that they had seen his physical body -- when he, himself, had been in deep meditation.

So more examples are found in the excellent biography of H.W.L. Poonja, an advaita master -- the book is called NOTHING EVER HAPPENED by David Godman. Examples of creating other physical bodies without being consciously aware of doing so.

Maybe you've read Taoist Yoga already! The irony of alchemy is that it both STARTS and ENDS with "empty awareness" yet Master Nan, Huai-chin emphasizes that there are DIFFERENT LEVELS OF EMPTY AWARENESS.

So the more empty awareness you store in your body the more difficult it is to be conscious of the empty awareness.

Then there's the "direct path" of advaita vedanta -- left brain yoga that just kills the body "consciously" - going straight to the heart from the left-side vagus nerve. After that the consciousness (or ego) ALWAYS automatically empties out back to "empty awareness."

Anyway....

Yeah you got it. For the subtle advanced practice of the small universe to create another physical body read TAOIST YOGA: Alchemy and Immortality -- trans. by Charles Luk. Master chunyi lin told me, after I asked him, that other people TOLD HIM that they had seen his physical body -- when he, himself, had been in deep meditation.

So more examples are found in the excellent biography of H.W.L. Poonja, an advaita master -- the book is called NOTHING EVER HAPPENED by David Godman. Examples of creating other physical bodies without being consciously aware of doing so.

Dr. Glenn Morris did this often.

Two people achieved SHO. And it was wonderful to see Master Wang assist when it began to happen spontaneously.

As an interesting aside for all the Tao Bums. In the very short time since I posted the group photo from our 10-day retreat with Wang Liping, I and several other people in the photo have been deluged with emails, telephone calls, and PM's from Sean Denty. Asking about the cost of our retreat amongst other things. He was all over us like a bad suit, trying to protect his interests.

I thought everyone on this forum should know.

I haven't bothered to read Sean Denty's 3 PM's he sent to me within 57 minutes. If I do read them, it will only be to share publicly with the Tao Bums.

Also, one of the other people in the group photo requested that I remove the photo and so I will comply with their request. They don't want Sean Denty's hassling. Me, I couldn't care less.

jeez....

Edward,

I have no interests to protect. I simply am interested in attending if there is another group. Especially if there is a group in the States. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely, Sean :)

Btw, I had nothing to do with any request to take down Wang's picture. His picture is out there quite a bit, so I think it's a moot point. I haven't emailed anyone in your group except a friend who I met in 2006 and I sent you two very brief and polite PM's to show my support. I don't see a conflict between what you and David are doing at all and I think he would agree and support your efforts.

I think people should take every opportunity to learn from Liping and I think what you are doing is great. If you would have bothered to read my PM, you'd know that.

Edited by seandenty

This is cool stuff. When I get back home next week, I think I will finish reading Opening The Dragon Gate. I was finding it a tough read compared to Magus of Java.

I would like to make one of those trips in the future, just to meet him. I guess, for me, it would compare to meeting Michael Jordan back when my life revolved around basketball.

]

Hey Santiago -- the below is from a teacher certified by David Verdesi:

In this process there are some stepping stones and landmarks of achievement; the Fa Xin and the manifestation of the Clear Light arises. It is this Clear Light that the Daoists refer to as the Xian Tian Guan Xin. The attainment of stillness, the arising of the true self and the luminous empty nature of the uncreated unborn original mind (a manifestation of certain aspects of the Shen) can even lead to Ru Ding, the condition that allows the process of conscious death. Ru Ding refers to a process where, for fairly long periods of time, the body is clinically dead and the Shen undergoes the first of the Seven Bian Hua. And, these steps are but Zhu Ji, the foundation to actually begin real Daoist cultivation.

http://www.chikungskolen.dk/english/semina...mmer_course.htm

Dr. Glenn Morris did this often.

jeez....

Edited by drew hempel

I trained with Jette and learned xing shen zhuang back in march. She's got an excellent eye, can tell if you're a tiny bit off from across the room :)

Just as a reference - for those interested - the forecoming seminar by Wang Liping in China will cost RMB 3000 (~USD 430) for ten days and that's inclusive of lessons, food and lodging.

By the way, last year retreat in Hainan was below USD 300.

YM

I believe the 3000 RMB is for native Chinese only. Like last year in Hainan, all foreigners including Chinese who lives in oversea paid the same amount in USD.

Hi Ken,Could you please give some details of what will be taught at the 1st Wang Liping Seminar ?

So the price is USD $3000 for Overseas Students But USD $430 for Native Chinese?

Thanks In Advance,

R.W.Smith

Hi Ken,Could you please give some details of what will be taught at the 1st Wang Liping Seminar ?

So the price is USD $3000 for Overseas Students But USD $430 for Native Chinese?

Thanks In Advance,

R.W.Smith

The upcoming public seminar is really geared towards native and oversea Chinese, if you don't speak Chinese there is no point going. And even if you do, the anticipated demand is so much higher than the places available that there will probably be some kind of selection process. The details of the seminar hasn't been announced publicly yet but Yin Xian Fa, Ping Heng Gong, Zhineng Fa etc, i.e. all the important core materials are always taught.

Master Wang and his main teaching assistant Shen Laoshi do teach foreigners in smaller classes, I keep a waiting list for people who are interested in learning and when there are enough interest and a consensus date can be confirmed, a seminar can be arranged with Shen Laoshi, most likely in China.

About the price, 3000 RMB is a LOT of money for native Chinese, some students have been ordinary farmers and you can imagine how much hardship they went through to save up this much. The GDP per capita in the west is roughly 8-10 times more than China so the cost will be adjusted accordingly for oversea students, this is the only fair way.

Does anybody have a list of the topics that were taught this autumn, by WLP?

Thanks...

Ken, I taught English in China and fully know what the Chinese make in income. Farmers, yes, don't make that much but many, in Shanghai, make more than I could ever think about. The growing middle class are doing very well. Your numbers are way off. 3000 rmb is just a drop in the bucket, pocket change, for most businessmen in China. On the other hand, the cost of living is much higher in the West. People in Canada pay nearly 50% taxes. In the states the monthly bills are never ending just for utilities. Plus, we would need to take off work, pay for hotel and air fare.

Your numbers are absolutely wrong and are anything but fair.

Edited by Baguakid

i remember someone put some summary of the practices taught at Jinhua, somewhere on the forum, but i couldn't find them

I agree,these large fees are just ridiculous, Money & greed have blinded these people. In china you can get some amazing qigong skills ,attunement, magic, for very cheap prices. Unfortunatly many of these mastes are not advertised on the internet. The letter written to david verdesi posted here sometime ago by wang liping regarding the seminar in denmark indicated how Money Hungry this guy is. That was enough for me.

Solomon the most wise man that have ever live (after Jesus Christ) was a rich man!!

That is a completely unargueable comment. Saying Soloman the most wise man is an opinionated statement. Like me saying Santa Claus is the most wise man due to the amount of revenue brought in around Christmas time. Also, you are arguing on a different level entirely aswell. Solomon, for starters, disobeyed God and took up many wives, among other things, so how wise was he? Secondly, Solomon wasnt healing the mame and feeding the poor with basically nothing. Jesus didnt charge a single cent. Neither did Buddha. Your arguement is irrational.

The price of some masters is unfortunate but the same can be said about everything ie Lamborghini, Bugatti and many other cars and homes for that matter.