Ethan singh

Authentic golden body

5 minutes ago, searcher7977 said:

How is it you can represent such a legit system as Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, and yet so ruthlessly mock people, particularly newbies posting on here looking for help? I've seen your reddit posts too. 

You make your lineage look bad. 

k

22 minutes ago, searcher7977 said:

This is the closest I have heard: https://www.goldenshieldqigong.info/

This is the style I started with. I will probably get back to it soon. If you are in Austin, Tx, check them out.

All the levels have the word "golden" in them, but I have never heard the term "golden body".

@Ethan singh: Could you provide a link to something explaining what the "golden body" is?

• Like 1

There is no golden body, it’s an exaggeration from a mistranslation.

Anybody claiming to teach it is a huckster.

The OP has publicly made disingenuous and dishonest posts pretending that his demanding and disrespectful PMs to various people never happened. Also, he has been extremely hostile towards the few who offered help to him out of generosity, which he also pretends never happened.

Anyone who insults yet demands help for free in the same message is not a newbie, and deserves neither guidance nor coddling, no matter how well one appears to be a victim to those who know no context.

• Like 2

Morihei Ueshiba

"I felt the universe suddenly quake and a golden spirit sprang up from the ground, veiled my body, and changed my body into a golden one. At the same time, my body became light. I was able to understand the whispering of the birds and was aware of the mind of God, the creator of the universe. At that moment I was enlightened: the source of budō [the martial way] is God's love – the spirit of loving protection for all beings ... Budō is not the felling of an opponent by force; nor is it a tool to lead the world to destruction with arms. True Budō is to accept the spirit of the universe, keep the peace of the world, correctly produce, protect and cultivate all beings in nature."

Morihei_Ueshiba_Portrait.jpg

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 7

@Ethan singh

You might find this little blog to be a concise, simple, accessible, yet deep overview of the internal arts.

Generic (not tied to any one system), artsy, free.

https://johndaoproductions.wordpress.com/

ensoemptinessdeepcenters.jpg

You also might find Deng Ming-Dao's book, "Scholar Warrior" to be a beneficial overview of Daoism.  It's not a targeted at the pinnacles of achievement (as you've requested in your original post)... but is a really excellent introduction.

Then search & dive deeply into study of a system & teacher that you find that resonates.

best of luck,

well wishes,

Trunk

p.s.

I'm not claiming that either of the resources above answers exactly what you asked for, but I would suggest that your view of path, actual steps, achievements ... will sort out and fill in over time.  B)  It's natural (and very usual) for beginners to feel their potential strongly and aspire towards the highest peaks.  (I did).  Then there's steps.  It's all good, keep going. 

• Like 4

~~~ Admin Statement ~~~

My view is that the original poster, @Ethan singh, is getting an excess of rough unhelpful treatment.

This is a warning: dial it back.  Take a breath, consider your orientation.

Please be respectful, constructive, helpful.

(Consider editing your post/s if you've not been.)

Review the rules if you are unclear.

ff2e-148d-4bcc-aaaf-83752c0712f7

Reporting a post is also an option.

~~~ ADMIN out ~~~

• Like 4

On 4/18/2023 at 1:02 AM, searcher7977 said:

This is the closest I have heard: https://www.goldenshieldqigong.info/

I think that is or is close to a Pangu Kaishan Golden Shield/Bell art I did years ago.  Physical body armoring with some chi gung practices built in.  An iron shirt like practice.  I liked it, had applications for self healing, toughness, martial arts. 

As far as Golden or Rainbow body I don't think it went there.  Though who knows at its highest level. 

I take Golden and/or Rainbow body as semi-mythic.  In the stories told, the main 'hero' doesn't come back to teach, ie a dedicated student spends years or decades studying at the monastery,  disappears, maybe there ashes or finger nails and its 'assumed' Golden/Rainbow body.  I assume if you gained such powers you'd stay there, at least for a bit and teach.  Teach your friends, your masters, parents, brothers etc.,  You'd want to share, but seemingly they are never seen again, vanished to quietly explore other dimensions.  Mythic.

I never expected to be as good as teachers who spent there life dedicated to their art.  At best I could be a middling student and thats fine.  I have a life to live.  Monks and masters spend the majority of their life working hard and long at it.  4 or 5 hours a day doesn't cut it.  That doesn't imo, mean long dedicated practice bears no fruit, it means you probably won't get supernatural powers.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.  If it was very very very hard but possible, you'd see 1,000s with it.  With Golden/Rainbow body as far as I know, simply doesn't have living role models.  Its mostly anecdotes and finger nails. 

With an art like Golden Shield qigong above, you'll working from slaps to fists to sand bags, to wooden bricks to sticks to bats.  Cool stuff, takes time and practice and should make you healthier, more resistant and energetic, not supernatural but you'll have a living teacher and fellow students along the way.  With arts like that, a live teacher is very important for feedback.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

My approach to achieving goals has much in common with Ethan's here: I set a goal and make a beeline for it.  No fiddling around.  No side paths or switchbacks.  No time to waste on stuff that's not directly aiming for where I'm trying to go.  This is a very western approach, very yang, like Arnold Schwarzenager on the bench press.  Does it work?  This is a question I'm still exploring.  For big Daoist goals, maybe not.  I think the Dao is more like a reed in a pond than an iron pipe.  The Dao is flexible and organic, and one's approach to achieving the Dao (if such a phrase is correct) must likewise be flexible and organic.  Otherwise, kaboom. Otherwise, fizzle.  Nature spirals more than it beelines.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

no myth about it, a golden being can reveal themselves as being so to others if there is a strong need and compassionate purpose to do so, until then others may just take it as a myth.

• Like 4

Can anyone tell me what "golden body" refers to in Daoism and what authentic Daoist sources discuss it?

PS - Rainbow body in Bön and Buddhism does not require death of the physical body, though that is the most common time for it to occur according to the tales and descriptions

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, steve said:

Can anyone tell me what "golden body" refers to in Daoism and what authentic Daoist sources discuss it?

originally it is a Buddhist term : jīnshēn Buddha's gilded image; also used as a characteristic of buddhas and bodhisattvas . From there it was borrowed into the religious taoism to describe the celestial beings; and from there into late neidan as a synonym of the pure yang body.

An example of the neidan usage:

a golden body being like and the dharma body like ; the original face and the emptiness are like , the Heaven-Earth from above to below are like . The Heaven-Earth will perish but this would not. Please ask what is this ? It is the true yin-yang pre-Heavenly qi of all things, my true Xing-Ming, the never ruining true form of a golden saint, not born and not dying prime spirit of the absolute being and non-being Tathagata. This is the end of the 16th step’s oral secrets.’ (Qian-fen old man 千峰老人, 赵避尘 Zhao Bi-chen, 顺一子 Shun Yi-zi)

That was then. By now, in modern neidaneering parlance, it does not mean anything except crazy talk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Taoist texts,

Can you post other oral secrets of  (Qian-fen old man 千峰老人, 赵避尘 Zhao Bi-chen, 顺一子 Shun Yi-zi)?

Best regards,

Ormus

2 hours ago, Ormus said:

Can you post other oral secrets of  (Qian-fen old man 千峰老人, 赵避尘 Zhao Bi-chen, 顺一子 Shun Yi-zi)?

sure. here you go

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 4:51 AM, steve said:

PS - Rainbow body in Bön and Buddhism does not require death of the physical body, though that is the most common time for it to occur according to the tales and descriptions

Not representing any tradition’s specific technical terms, here … but just basically:

The deeper universal energies resonate with the central channel (sushumna), more specifically: potent points along the central channel that, once sufficiently ignited during a practice session, the entire central channel ignites, integrates with the resonance of those energies.  Resonance with the golden light of emptiness, or a spectrum of refining colors … both gestures rest on the basic of central channel development.  And the work is gradual, incremental, long term.  (You’re not going to *poof!* dematerialize the first time you get a glimmer of these things, :lol:).

(Given that we are not talking about martial achievements, such as “Golden Bell”, which is more of an iron shirt / iron cloth practice.)

And for all that wild advanced stuff, the same basic path applies:

- unify breath and stabilized focus

- open the tissues and channels

- centering 

- vertical integration

- blending one’s mindstream with that of an enlightened benefactor backed by a stable heavenly lineage

Pick your teacher, your tradition, your practices … same basic principles.  Maybe a bold statement, but we’re all human, basically same structure, after all.

… and then (and here’s the boring part): daily practice.

You practice and stay at it, and things add up over the long haul.  In that way, internal arts are pretty much like anything else.

Experience adds up, you learn.  Details fill in.  Progress occurs.  You work really hard for long periods to get to a place, and then suddenly some *part* of it clicks in and what you’d worked hard for now occurs just rapidly, easily … and you go through the long labor of whatever is next on your plate.  No end to it, as far as I’ve seen, as far as I’ve heard.

When I was in my 20’s and in a panic to move rapidly on the path, I asked my meditation teacher (who was *very* advanced, I can hardly believe looking back the teachers I was so lucky to meet) “what I could do???!!” and he said, “Keith, if I were you, I’d do yoga and meditation every day”.   The bland boring answer (also very real, practical) to a scintillating question.

And, studying with that teacher, there was the basic sequence of a practice session from physical to subtle:

first yoga, then pranayama, then meditation.

Same basic physical -> subtle sequence idea can be used with other practices, traditions, of course.

Anyway, that’s a lot of blabbing.

Hope it’s of help.

cheers,

Keith

p.s.  (wow, I'm ranting now)

In the Daoist systems, the "earth ~ human ~ heaven" metaphor is used a lot.

The martial, health, and wisdom studies are considered integral along that line.

Once the larger energies start running through you, it's more and more important that the other parts are in place - otherwise students often get dysfunctionaly blown out by opening to energies that they don't have the knowledge nor development to integrate.  There are just droves of students like that, who've gotten very advanced transmissions.

... and, though I usually refrain from recommending specific paths these days, my impression of Sifu Matsuo's system is that it has such students in mind and is set up (at least partly) to help bring sound integration to advanced students who've gotten themselves into these kinds of messes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Forget all the alchemy hype and work on purifying your mind and gaining clarity. I can't put it any better than @Trunk's advice in the previous post. Pick one practice, and stick with it. It is better to dig one deep well rather than 1000 shallow ones. 

FWIW, the "Golden Body" is the causal body that is always present. We just have to learn to open up our mind enough to recognize what it is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone I must say again that the golden body has nothing to do with the Shaolin golden bell cover or any practices involving training the body for self defense or combat 

The golden body I refer to is the same transformation experienced by very advanced authentic kriya yoga practitioners that rejuvenates their body keeping it or making them young 

It is a true human body phenomena that allows them to live for well over 200 years or much longer 

Does anyone know of this 

Is it called something else 

Based on my research devraha baba 

A 250 year old man knew of this practice 

It rejuvenates the body via the blood and oxygen 

By the way earl gray you are being rude and disrespectful to me your junior who is only trying to learn more about this 

Edited by Ethan singh

4 hours ago, Trunk said:

Not representing any tradition’s specific technical terms, here … but just basically:

The deeper universal energies resonate with the central channel (sushumna), more specifically: potent points along the central channel that, once sufficiently ignited during a practice session, the entire central channel ignites, integrates with the resonance of those energies.  Resonance with the golden light of emptiness, or a spectrum of refining colors … both gestures rest on the basic of central channel development.  And the work is gradual, incremental, long term.  (You’re not going to *poof!* dematerialize the first time you get a glimmer of these things, :lol:).

Thank you!  It's not often we see a post that inspires by referencing really advanced alchemical work while also managing to stay grounded and practical.  Guess that's integration of heaven and earth for ya.  :wub:

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

my two cents, all types of bodies evolve (or devolve)...the Self is not a body, is always present and does not evolve. (or devolve)

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Thank you!  ...

"I can live off of a compliment for three days" - Mark Twain  ;)

My mostly-picture-book-essay about the deep-centers (with very short explanatory captions) was meant to illustrate that process.  It seems like the recent text struck a chord - it might be fun for you to scan through that picture-essay and see if it lines up with what I've tried to say here.  And, since I seem to be on a little roll, same concept here below again, illustrated briefly with some of the same pictures.

(And, like I said before: I'm not claiming to exactly illustrate/know any specific traditional version-of-body nor method ... but, in my experience, from what I've read, from everything I've heard quite a number of astounding teachers tell ... this basic territory is developed in a deep way.)

There's this process of integrating a deep-center with The Big Light:

ensoemptinessdeepcenters.jpg

... and we've got a few centers.  most of us 'd agree on power, love, wisdom - at least.  Same basic process, each place.

ensoegg3ctrs.jpg

... as a result, the whole filament and bulb Lights Up

lightbulbfilament.jpg

This sort of thing shows up repeatedly in traditional art, because it instructs, as well as is used in popular art ... because it resonates.

tsongkhapa.jpg

glindabubble.jpg

avalokitesvara_thangka.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Trunk said:

This sort of thing shows up repeatedly in traditional art, because it instructs, as well as is used in popular art ... because it resonates.

Energy fields, or more exactly, energy cocoon surrounding the human being, is what we see. It is what a trained Adept in Magic with a developed third eye can see with his eyes without any ritual, imagination or belief.

It is non-surprising that saints or cultivators are portrayed with a glow surrounding them. All people have this energy glow.
Those further on the path will have a more powerful/intense, and widespread energy field.

170px-Lotus_Kirlian.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ethan singh said:

Hello everyone I must say again that the golden body has nothing to do with the Shaolin golden bell cover or any practices involving training the body for self defense or combat 

The golden body I refer to is the same transformation experienced by very advanced authentic kriya yoga practitioners that rejuvenates their body keeping it or making them young 

It is a true human body phenomena that allows them to live for well over 200 years or much longer 

What you're looking for potentially are Shou Dao practices. This isn't golden body as defined in Buddhism. However with any practice, it requires foundation and to wit you would need to foundation PRIOR to focusing on those practices (which there's not too many western practitioners of these practices).

Understand that within the context of Daoism, there's technically several branches that do not focus on health and longevity as its main goal. Those that do focus on that goal are primarily of the Xi/Dao Gong path which are umbrella designations of Shou Dao.

This differs drastically from the common health / medical qi gong in multiple ways but by and large health and medical qi gong is effective in health and healing (which is a given). But if the discussion is prolonging life then it's not effective by definition. In fact, I would argue that a proper diet, exercise, less stress, folks tend to live a lot longer than those that practice health/medical qi gong.

But again this is NOT golden body.

• Like 2

The term golden body has been widely used in many contexts.  Generally it denotes a quality of endurance and as a primitive way of describing luminescent.    Theoretically a "golden body" is different from a "rainbow body" as one denotes permanence and another is  transient.   Taoist inner alchemy doesn't work towards a golden body.  Neigong can never do that. 

As Taoist text says, the term golden body is more common used in Buddhist context, actually more a physical context than spiritual.   Buddhists have been doing mummification of their eminent monks, in making them golden, or gold plated. 

See the photos:

https://kknews.cc/fo/ekn69or.html .  

A reference:

Flesh Buddha , a Buddhist term, is a realm achieved by Buddhist eminent monks. After death, the body can still not be corrupted; such as Master Huineng , an eminent Zen monk in the Tang Dynasty of China . Its incorruptible body is called the whole body relic , the incorruptible body , the bodhisattva in the flesh , the indestructible body of Vajra , etc. If it is made into a Buddha statue and enshrined, it is called a real body statue ; Therefore, it is also called the Buddha of the Body (Japanese: Buddha of the Body ).

• Like 1