In Hinduism, there are 4 goals of life (Purushartha):

1) Artha (material wealth and security),
2) Kama (pleasure and enjoyment of life),
3) Dharma (following duty and religion, right conduct),
4) Moksha (spiritual liberation and salvation).

I've always mostly been interested in dharma and moksha, so my spiritual search in sufism, hinduism, buddhism, daoism etc, in the areas of qigong, meditation, rituals etc, have always been in these two areas.

Lately I'm feeling quite contented with my spiritual life. This has brought me a curiousity about how these traditions can also be used for upgrading the artha and kama side of life.

What are your experiences and greatest hits with using spiritual traditions for upgrading kama and artha?

Personally these are some of the things I've tried, which I felt worked:

Kama:
1) Dan Rose "Sex God Method" or the "DEVI method" - this book blew my mind, upset me, broke my innocent view of women and sex, yet changed my sex life forever (for the better).

2) Daoist Sexual Qigong (a combination of postures, massage, breathholding and meditation, including genital weight lifting and swinging weights). 

3) Daoist Lovemaking (using all of your body along with the art of feeling, knowledge of meridians and qi, as well as stages of arousal and different types of orgasms, to upgrade your lovemaking experience).

Artha:
1) I've done a 41 day sufi ritual consisting of daily tasbih (reciting names of God) as well as salawaat (prayers for the prophet). On the 39th day, I got a call out of nowhere, inviting me to a one month job, which gave me 5 months of salary. At that point, I had been un-employed for 1.5 years, my savings were nearing 0, that's why I got so desperate that I decided to try a money ritual.

2) For several years, at every full moon I've done a money mantra from Vethathiri Maharishi. It was given to him by a yogi in astral form, when he had lost his business and had suddenly become very poor. He was great in meditation and spirituality, and had used his business to serve his community. They survived of his wife selling food she made in the streets. After he started this mantra, they built up the "World Community Service Center" and he became a famous Guru, respected by scientists, researchers, poets, celebrities and politicians. He's even on stamps, and his programs are in schools and universities. For me personally, I feel an energy building in my system when I do the mantra. I can't say for sure which results it has given me, but I do feel energy from it.

3) When I did a 41 Ganapati Tarpana (water ritual to the hindu elephant God), on the 39th day, I was called by my aunt, asking if I could tutor her girl friend's daughter in French. It was a few hundred bucks, very easy, 5-6 weeks in a row. On the 44th day of the ritual (I continued it for 3 more days), I got a call from the last place I worked, asking if I could come back for another 6 month project.

4) When I did 41 day Ganapati Yantra Puja, from the 38th day I started receiving inspiration on how to write a book and sell it using social media. Something I never thought of before! I'm still working on this project ;) I can see that selling products online to the English speaking global market has unsurpassed potential for moneymaking, compared to simply working at a 9 to 5 job.

Questions for you:
What are your experiences and/or greatest hits with using spiritual traditions for upgrading kama and artha?

God bless you!

My experience:

1. Chop wood, carry water. YMMV

E/realisation/awareness and understanding of the big picture/end of journeying under a physical form.

2. Chop wood, carry water. YMMV

1&2 = live life and YMMV. 

22 hours ago, Nuralshamal said:

1) I've done a 41 day sufi ritual consisting of daily tasbih (reciting names of God) as well as salawaat (prayers for the prophet). On the 39th day, I got a call out of nowhere, inviting me to a one month job, which gave me 5 months of salary. At that point, I had been un-employed for 1.5 years, my savings were nearing 0, that's why I got so desperate that I decided to try a money ritual.

Please share the ritual!

2 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Please share the ritual!

@Pak_Satrio let me share :D

I actually did 2 rituals at the same time, one in the morning, one in the evening. 

Sufi Ritual for money 1:
41 days
Same time, same place each day
minimum 101 repetitions, max 500 repetitions
Recite: "La ilaha illallahul malikul haqul mubeen" 

I did 500 of the above daily for 41 days.

Sufi Ritual for money 2:
41 days
After one of the daily salah
Salawaat Ibrahim 11x
"Ya Fattahu" 903x
Salawaat Ibrahim 11x
After reciting the above, make du'a to Allah for your problem

Salawaat Ibrahim is the one also said each day after salah:
"Allahumma salli ala muhammadin wa ala ali muhammad, kama sallaita ala ibrahima, wa ala ali ibrahim, innaka hamid um majid,
Allahumma barik ala muhammadin wa ala ali muhammad, kama barakta ala ibrahima, wa ala ali ibrahim, innaka hamid um majid"

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nuralshamal said:

I actually did 2 rituals at the same time, one in the morning, one in the evening. 

Sufi Ritual for money 1:
41 days

Sufi Ritual for money 2:
41 days
Salawaat Ibrahim 11x
"Ya Fattahu" 903x
Salawaat Ibrahim 11x

"Allahumma salli ala muhammadin wa ala ali muhammad, kama sallaita ala ibrahima, wa ala ali ibrahim, innaka hamid um majid,
Allahumma barik ala muhammadin wa ala ali muhammad, kama barakta ala ibrahima, wa ala ali ibrahim, innaka hamid um majid"

Thanks for sharing! Might try out the first one

• Like 1

The following is a long ago post from Soaring Crane.  I haven`t tried it but it`s long intrigued me.

......................................................................................................................................................................

..Massaging the ears for bringing good fortune ... This is a pretty easy practice, and it really works, but I realize now that it'll take a lot of writing to truly cover all the details, so this is just an outline:

First, be in a state of mind conducive to this kind of thing. We all have our idiosyncracies in this area, so I'm going to avoid getting into prep and finishing work. One tip though: this is good to do right away upon waking up, while still in bed.

Warm the hands and the rub the ears in a general way, vigourously, make them warm, hot They should be glowing red when you finish.

Massage the ears between thumb/forefinger (up and down the outer ear, and also the lobes). Massage and knead them hard. If you fiind a painful spot, knead it longer and harder. Pull on the ears, and try cupping them between the fingers and pulling on the roots, like you're trying to pull them off your head (don't pull that hard).

Flick your fingers along the outer ear. You can use the middle fingers. Flick from top to bottom and bottom to top. Up and down, up and down. This hurts a lot. Alternatively, you can use the ring, middle and index fingers. The ring finger will at the top, the index finger at the bottom and the middle finger in the middle (good finger exercise). Do this till the ears are almost numb, or your fingers are worn out. 

Now fan the ears from back to front. This is a little difficult to describe, I'm thinking of making a video. 

Now you cup your hands over your ears, pushing the little cartilage "stopper" (I know it has a proper name, but I can't think of it at the moment) into the earhole. Hold the ears shut, feel the pressure in there. Then quickly release the hands, and release the pressure. There could be an audible pop when you do this. Champagne cork-style.  I know a few different techniques but get the best results when I use the balls of my thumbs (fire point on the lung meridian) to seal the earholes, with my fingers on the back of my head. Do this at least three times and better nine times. Take a big inhale before sealing the ears, and exhale while sealing them. Hold until the exhale is complete (exhale slowly) and inhale when you release the pressure.

Ok ... almost done with the physical work. The last stage is beating the heavenly drum. Easy version: seal the ears with the palms as before and use the index and middle fingers to "drum" the back of the skull. It sounds deep and booming inside the brain. There are youtube videos showing various techniques. You can time this with breaths. Take a big inhale and beat the drum for the duration of the exhale. Exhale slowly. Do at least three breaths, and of course nine breaths would be optimal.

Have to wrap this up .... to finish, cover the eyes with the hands and begin to listen. Listen at first to your immediate surroundings. Then send the "ears" out a little further, maybe through the walls of your room into the rest of the house, or to the garden. Listen for little details. Then send them out further, listen to your neighborhood, or village, then send them out further, listen to the mountains, listen to the horizon, listen to the atmosphere, to the stars... send your ears out to the universe... like a tremendous antenna system picking up very fine signals ... then (this is one way I learned to finish this, but not everyone likes it) ... suddenly shift your focus to your eyes, still closed, behind your warm hands.... suck all that energy from the universe very quickly inward, you might even hear a sucking sound, or see a light flash, or both, or something else ... Observe the darkness for a few moments and open the eyes behind the hands... open the hands, like curtains being drawn ... view the world like you're viewing it for the first time, passive ... guide the hands to the kidneys and hold them there for a good minute or two ... close the lower dantian area, etc

You have to do this almost religiously, at least once a day and better two or even three times. Don't think about money, just do the ear massage and enjoy it. It's a very healthy practice regardless of your bank account.

Baolin Wu describes something similar in his qigong book (which is excellent, btw), but I learned it originally from one of my qigong teacher trainers. There are many ways to modify it.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Heads up friends!

If you'd like to try a guided magic money puja (ritual), there's a free opportunity April 22nd!

Most things needed can be got from an Indian Shop (if you have that in your neighborhood or nearest city).

Here's a forwarded message with links and needed materials (it's all under Sri Vidya Guru Karunamaya's instruction):

"Intro
Sri Matre Namaha,

Kubera Pashupatha pooja will be LIVE STREAMING on YouTube on https://www.youtube.com/@SoundaryaLahari channel in the live stream section at 10AM UK time (2:30 PM IST) on 22nd April.

Those who would like to do the pooja should be prepared 30 minutes before the pooja starts. Guruji will be guiding us by providing voice instructions during live stream, please be prepared with all pooja materials.

Pooja Materials
Cow ghee - 3Kgs (clarified butter)
Bilwa leaves (Bel leaves) - (Please use flowers if Bilwa leaves are not available)
Prasadam (food offering) - Pulagam ( Recipe- https://www.sailusfood.com/andhra-khichdi-pulagam-lentil-rice-medley/)
Sandalwood powder
Vibhoothi (holy ash powder)
Brass or silver tray to hold shiva linga (If Shiva linga is not available, please use Sri Yantra)
Kumkuma (powder used to put the red dot on the forehead)
Akshatas (dry, unbroken and uncooked rice with a pinch of added tumeric and a drop of ghee)
Camphor
Cup, spoon and plate for Achamanam (sipping water during ritual after reciting mantras)
2 ltrs water
Bell
Incense sticks"

Edited by Nuralshamal

I was never any good at money magick ... money is one of the hardest things to get by using magick .

All I could manage  getting was ;   a stable peaceful content and appreciative mind and outlook, a healthy balanced psychology , 200 acres of prime farmland with fields, creeks, rolling hills and forest with adjacent world heritage rain forest  with a clean river running through it and beaches nearby , a  dream ( literally, I found an old poem written as a teen that describes my house ) rustic / bespoke wood cabin, organic  veggie gardens  and orchards , a smatterin' of beautiful girl friends ,  a   4 x 4 for off road , a luxury classic car  for touring, a retro motorcycle (  and  that I also used to dream of owning as a teen ..but it  did not exist back then )  .

But then 'fate smiled on me ' and I did eventually 'crack it '    (  6 figures !  ;)   )  , so then I went off traveling through the vast desert , diving in the ocean  with manta rays , wandering amongst the pinnacles *  at dawn   .   Now ?    I  enjoy and appreciate , especially the new wonderful honey that has entered my life and her beautiful little girl ... who I have all the love in the world for .  And of course, she who made all this possible .

pinnacles-gettyImages-988322472.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=14a8cd97b57b66aa02d08c32c87b11597b0505b1206d4dcd55f78e4664d9c7ec&ipo=images           Pinnacles-4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=e9a778789a83e412e2d79a784835943ade37b305b2eb148ea3ccc0ca428875e5&ipo=images

It wasn't a single ritual . It was due to the following of a system and obeying its instructions . In that system, such success is promised , I thought it was like all the other  such promises made  in other   religions / systems , but no, they where empty .   This system  also offered  'proof'  not requiring 'faith' .  I thought , ahhh , what the hell, I 'll give it a go . Well, I got the proof.

Best decision I ever made  :) 

This example stood out for me . ( It demonstrates what I mean further about not getting money after doing a money ritual , but what else can happen  ;) .  It also demonstrates how smart I am on the inner level and how stupid*  I am on the outer conscious level .)

I am converting an outside building, sort of a half house frame , pole house, suspended floor. I plan to enclose the back part and do a step down to a ground slab at the front .  At that time I have a GF who informs me she is pregnant .  !   :o  WTF  ! ?  WOW ... so I better make this place a mum and baby nursery .  But I have no money whatsover  , so try a ritual and open up some possibilities for it to manifest .... nothing .  Damn !

Then a someone tells me they got a load of cut lumber from the old illegal mill that shut down . I thought, bugger the ritual, I'll go and steal some wood . So I went to case the place, soon a security guard appeared and went ballistic on me for trespassing, said everything was now owned by the bank and to clear off or he would call the police . I managed to talk him down, saying I was just curious as to what would become of the place . He said the land would be sold by the bank to recoup the loans .  The wood lying around ?  (Which was not top grade at all , illegally cut and milled by 'cowboys' without much skill )

he said they probably chip it and sell it off to Japan .  I winced and tried ( as I thought I had sussed the guy out ; old school, typical          ' Aussie bloke' )  :   " Ya know , I had an Uncle that died in new Guinea defending this country against the Japs . he would be rolling in his grave knowing he gave his life  to defend his country and resources .... and now we just hand them over to them on a platter ; trees to wood chips ... you know, the Japs dont cut down their own forest , no way ,  their forests are sacred icons , not allowed to cut them down . "

he looked at me like he realised I was bullshitting, but then  "  ... can you get a trailer  ?"

" Yes, and I can be back in 10 minutes with it ."

" Right !  Two loads, thats all you can take , then get out of here ...... and dont tell anyone ! "

So I did and enclosed the building with walls  . On  finishing someone commented on 'the magick' , I asked what they meant and they reminded me I told them I felt I had to do the job but had no money and would try magick to get it .

*   " Oh yeah !  I forgot all about that , " 

( The best thing about being reminded of such, is it reminds me  to say thank you  ..... and now so I dont forget , and often dont realize the amazing 'machinations'  at work ... I just say thank you all the time .

:)

.... Oh, and there was no baby after all    :rolleyes:

But I ended up with my own 'outside bedroom' separate from the cabin , I didnt bother glassing in the huge  front open space, just a half wall . Then i could sit up in bed in the morning and look out over the river and to the other side escapement with two waterfalls plunging off the top into the rain forest below .   It was a bit feral though, being open to the elements . One night I  was awoken by something on my  bed .....  it was  sugar glider * snuggling in to get warm

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ggRrAuNVOPs_j_eNULUTpwHaE9%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=e9bba77492942e6de2704bf7ced5effe68e17139685210c5e2cdf87587184a23&ipo=images

On 4/14/2023 at 2:39 PM, liminal_luke said:

Now you cup your hands over your ears, pushing the little cartilage "stopper" (I know it has a proper name, but I can't think of it at the moment) into the earhole. Hold the ears shut, feel the pressure in there.

I think you might be referring to the tragus.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 7:47 AM, Nuralshamal said:

Sufi Ritual for money 1:
41 days

Sufi Ritual for money 2:
41 days
Salawaat Ibrahim 11x
"Ya Fattahu" 903x
Salawaat Ibrahim 11x

Are these rituals only for Muslims? I am asking since you wrote you did ritual #2 after salah.

Sign in to follow this