Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

mood/exercise study

I found this on dragondoor, interesting how they boiled it down. -Y

As summarized in today's WSJ, a January study in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine found that persons who burn 17.5 calories per kilo (or ~8 calories per pound) per week gets the same benefit in treating depression as would be achieved by antidepressants or cognitive therapy. The number of days the person works out, type of exercise and length of workout do not matter. Only the number of calories.

Catchy kettlebell training advertising: "Fight Depression by Experiencing True Misery."

(that probably comes out to exercising 30 minutes a day, 4x a week when done at a jogging level of intensity. -Y)

Sat on line and waited for 2 hours to see you battle the Dark Lord of the Sith last night at midnight.

The part where Yoda just knocks out the two red guards using the force before fighting Lord Siddius was hilarious.

My little green friend :P

I wasn't amused by the last two movies, but it sounds like this one is good.

Did you like it? Did they get my good side?

-Yoda

yeah it's been proven that aerobic exercise activates the cannabinoids - the natural receptors that otherwise need to be activated by marijuana. haha.

ummm also using a shovel is like using a kettle bell.....

So I just transplant vegetables using a shovel - that way I am growing food to save money and I don't have any kettle balls.

or whatever they're called. haha.

Then in the winter I shovel snow. -- a lot -- like quarter mile road of snow.

yeah it's been proven that aerobic exercise activates the cannabinoids - the natural receptors that otherwise need to be activated by marijuana. haha.

ummm also using a shovel is like using a kettle bell.....

So I just transplant vegetables using a shovel - that way I am growing food to save money and I don't have any kettle balls.

or whatever they're called. haha.

Then in the winter I shovel snow. -- a lot -- like quarter mile road of snow.

Interesting! Check out Onnit.com - They have good prices for Kettle Balls.

Interesting! Check out Onnit.com - They have good prices for Kettle Balls.

For $20 I grow $1000 worth of food!!

I ate 5 organic tomatoes a day last summer -- $4 a pound for 2 large tomatoes!

Yep.... I always exercise as my work -- that's why unemployment is so bad because all the machines have replaced human exercise.

But this new soccer ball was invented that has a battery charger in the ball so when people play soccer they charge up the battery and then it powers a light. pretty sweet.

Also a person can bike to run a t.v. - I know a guy who made this invention.

Or bike to run laundry, etc.

But anyway.... like the Old skool kungfu movies - the teacher tells the student -- go fish -- with your hands! The student does not even realize it is special training. haha. Then the teacher says - now tear the bark off those logs - with your hands! haha.

Eagle claw training.

The student just thinks he's providing food and firewood for the teacher. haha.

HILARIOUS.

Or the dude working making tofu - pushes the grinder by hand!!

stuff like that.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

For $20 I grow $1000 worth of food!!

I ate 5 organic tomatoes a day last summer -- $4 a pound for 2 large tomatoes!

Yep.... I always exercise as my work -- that's why unemployment is so bad because all the machines have replaced human exercise.

But this new soccer ball was invented that has a battery charger in the ball so when people play soccer they charge up the battery and then it powers a light. pretty sweet.

Also a person can bike to run a t.v. - I know a guy who made this invention.

Or bike to run laundry, etc.

But anyway.... like the Old skool kungfu movies - the teacher tells the student -- go fish -- with your hands! The student does not even realize it is special training. haha. Then the teacher says - now tear the bark off those logs - with your hands! haha.

Eagle claw training.

The student just thinks he's providing food and firewood for the teacher. haha.

HILARIOUS.

Or the dude working making tofu - pushes the grinder by hand!!

stuff like that.

I wish i can grow my own food, I would have to buy property, which is like at least $400 or so a month. Those things you described is awesome! Yeah, machines definitely have replaced jobs. There have been so many articles/books written on this subject. It's only getting worse. You unemployed right now? What if you can give lessons in QiGong or something like that?

Sign in to follow this