WannabeDaoistAll_Infinity

Need help on foundation and increase sensitivity of qi

Hello seniors i am 19 years old and want to start martial arts and internal martial arts.

Please recommend me books to read 🙏 

And any videos to see.

I cannot get myself a teacher because i am still a student of pharma and have not much money but i have enough to buy the books.

Please help me with my journey.

My body-->

Height--> 5 foot 10 inches

Weight--> 111 kgs

Muscles--> Gym beginner

• Like 1

Have you tried “Dreaming of Sunset”? One spends large portions of the day dreaming about sunset. It is similar to the process of retaining the Jing for 100 days, albeit Dreaming of Sunset should only take around 20. If you’re lucky it might only take a few before realization.

“On Avoiding King Candy instead of Physical Origin” is a pleasant book to read. It’s integration of Dao is on rejecting limitation of physical origin as well as cleansing oneself for desire of the flesh. The title is enough really, but to read more just read with your ego. The book only has the title, the rest of the information is generated with reading.

8 hours ago, WannabeDaoistAll_Infinity said:

… please help

Welcome to the forum. :) What Mithras currently writes cannot be understood as it is gibberish. As for your OP, I hope @Pak_Satrio might be able to help you. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 7:46 AM, WannabeDaoistAll_Infinity said:

Hello seniors i am 19 years old and want to start martial arts and internal martial arts.

Please recommend me books to read 🙏 

And any videos to see.

I cannot get myself a teacher because i am still a student of pharma and have not much money but i have enough to buy the books.

Please help me with my journey.

My body-->

Height--> 5 foot 10 inches

Weight--> 111 kgs

Muscles--> Gym beginner

I would start with external martial arts or maybe tai chi - classes are usually relatively cheap - if you can afford books then you probably can afford a basic class.  Don’t try to learn from books from the beginning better to get into a class.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cobie said:

Welcome to the forum. :) What Mithras currently writes cannot be understood as it is gibberish. As for your OP, I hope @Pak_Satrio might be able to help you. 

Going to cut, paste and edit a comment I made recently for someone else:

If you are short on funds I would recommend starting with Flying Phoenix. It is a powerful healing qigong system. The first DVD is $39.95, that’s not too much for the five practices on it. The practices combined with a good seated stillness practice will last you a good few months before you will master them and want to move on to the next DVD, which will be $39.95 too and has six practices. Lets say you spend four months on the first DVD, that will be around $10 a month, not too bad. 

Eventually down the line you will need training and corrections from Sifu Terry, which can be done over Zoom, either with solo or group lessons, but worry about that later, just focus on the basics first. In the meantime he is very helpful with replying to your questions by email. 

Sifu Terry also teaches different kung fu forms in his online lessons.

Check out the details here if you are interested:

https://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

I would also add that you shouldn’t read too much theory, getting first hand experience from practice is much better. Then things will make more sense when you eventually read. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1