Conradom

Decrease sexual energy

On 2023/3/24 at 5:37 AM, Bindi said:

Sex is normal, just like emotions and thoughts are normal, but humanity doesn’t always have a healthy relationship with these attributes of the self, so all sorts of odd ideas get floated that lead to the banning and minimisation of sex, the banning and minimisation of emotions, and the banning and minimisation of thoughts in an effort to solve the problems associated with them. 

Making thoughts, emotions and sexuality healthy is the alternative, and if one can manage that then this can allow a spiritual potential within to awaken and develop. Healthy spirituality. 

Although Taoist qigong is for all ages,  Taoist alchemy is hardly anything  for the young people . Even some people are interested in it when they are young , it is unlikely that they can succeed  , mainly because  they lack of that resolute to commit .  It is after having tasted all those bitterness , physical and emotional , in life that do people  make up their mind . However , they then find that they are now already in their 50s , 60s ..,  so a careful  calculation of how much jing and  qi left behind  becomes something important  . Conversely , nearly all  Zen masters in Chinese history start  their cultivation of Zen  when they are  very young , as teenagers , even as kids in temples  ; read Zen's classics ( say :   景德傳燈錄,  古尊宿語要.. etc ) will tell people  about it   , which in fact , is something  significant but many people miss.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, exorcist_1699 said:

Although Taoist qigong is for all ages,  Taoist alchemy is hardly anything  for the young people . Even some people are interested in it when they are young , it is unlikely that they can succeed  , mainly because  they lack of that resolute to commit .  It is after having tasted all those sufferings , physical and emotional , in life that do people  make up their mind . However , they then find that they are now already in their 50s , 60s ..,  so a careful  calculation of how much jing and  qi left behind  becomes something important  . Conversely , nearly all  Zen masters in Chinese history start  their cultivation of Zen  when they are  very young , as teenagers , even as kids in temples  ; read Zen's classics ( say :   景德傳燈錄,  古尊宿語要.. etc ) will tell people  about it   , which in fact , is something  significant but many of them miss.

You are practically spelling out our ages.

• Haha 1

I’m now way too old for any spiritual road that requires any more of any type of  ‘cultivation’; there’s just no time left.

Starting young, I consider it child abuse.

So I have come to the conclusion that the only spiritual roads of value, are the ones that give the end result instantaneously.  :)

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cobie said:

I’m now way too old for any spiritual road that requires any more of any type of  ‘cultivation’; there’s just no time left.

Starting young, I consider it child abuse.

So I have come to the conclusion that the only spiritual roads of value, are the ones that give the end result instantaneously.  :)

Can I ask you how old are you 

19 hours ago, Master Logray said:

You are practically spelling out our ages.

Just want to emphasize the importance of age in  cultivation . Taoist alchemy and TCM both talk about it and pay lot of  attention to it  , but hardly can you find enough mention of its  importance in Buddhist materials . 

When jing in  our body is sufficient , it  can echo a persistent emptied mind ;  when jing in our body is in deficient state,  hardly can it respond to an emptied mind,  let alone  consolidating one .  Incapable of  consolidating    a  persistent emptied mind means people are unable to  understand why in Taoist canons and Buddhist sutras,  they spend millions of paragraphs ,  from many different perspectives ,  exploring the same topic.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, exorcist_1699 said:

Just want to emphasize the importance of age in  cultivation . Taoist alchemy and TCM both talk about it and pay lot of  attention to it  , but hardly can you find enough mention of its  importance in Buddhist materials . 

When jing in  our body is sufficient , it  can echo a persistent emptied mind ;  when jing in our body is in deficient state,  hardly can it respond to an emptied mind,  let alone  consolidating one .  Incapable of  consolidating    a  persistent emptied mind means people are unable to  understand why in Taoist canons and Buddhist sutras,  they spend millions of paragraphs ,  from many different perspectives ,  exploring the same topic.

I think 16 years age is best to start Taoist cultivation 

On 3/21/2023 at 3:19 AM, Conradom said:

I've notice that my sexual energy is really high. I'm assuming it's because of all the energy work I have been doing lately through tai chi and standing meditation. It's something that I never felt before, and it's a bit uncomfortable. Which exercises are recommended to balance the sexual energy?

Thanks!

Many of these posts are interesting, but I think that a more practical answer might help.

When one starts doing energy work, it is natural that one may see an improvement in one's sexual energy, as one's awareness grows and blockages starts clearing up. The system will start feeling more vibrant, and so will sexual energy. Understand that it is very normal, but now you might need an outlet. Sexual energy is very potent, so it must be refined and utilized for some purpose, digested back into the system, or released through ejaculation. You must consider which is your goal. 

1. The first thing I would recommend is stillness meditation. When one is still and empty, it becomes much easier to calm the system and the mind. Naturally, the sexual energy will also be refined and flow upwards, bringing greater vitality and exuberance, perhaps even possible spiritual breakthroughs if you wish.

2. Go work out or do something to tire yourself out; drive yourself towards some purpose. Your body will naturally burn the energy to reenergize you towards something you are passionate about. When you are dead tired at night, you will not think too much about sex.

3. Cultivate the Dantian. Condense the energy into your lower Dantian. 

4. Go jerk off if you really do not have any use of sexual energy. The recommended healthy timeframe is every 2-3 weeks. The longer the more health benefits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When the sexual energy is refined in a stable way, it is common for the voice to become more cultured as the energy moves from the pelvis to the throat - the higher center of creativity.

The husky sexy voice becomes noticeably smoother and more pleasant

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blissdao9 said:

Many of these posts are interesting, but I think that a more practical answer might help.

When one starts doing energy work, it is natural that one may see an improvement in one's sexual energy, as one's awareness grows and blockages starts clearing up. The system will start feeling more vibrant, and so will sexual energy. Understand that it is very normal, but now you might need an outlet. Sexual energy is very potent, so it must be refined and utilized for some purpose, digested back into the system, or released through ejaculation. You must consider which is your goal. 

1. The first thing I would recommend is stillness meditation. When one is still and empty, it becomes much easier to calm the system and the mind. Naturally, the sexual energy will also be refined and flow upwards, bringing greater vitality and exuberance, perhaps even possible spiritual breakthroughs if you wish.

2. Go work out or do something to tire yourself out; drive yourself towards some purpose. Your body will naturally burn the energy to reenergize you towards something you are passionate about. When you are dead tired at night, you will not think too much about sex.

3. Cultivate the Dantian. Condense the energy into your lower Dantian. 

4. Go jerk off if you really do not have any use of sexual energy. The recommended healthy timeframe is every 2-3 weeks. The longer the more health benefits.

Yes, I was looking for some practical answers! Thanks Blissdao

1 hour ago, Lairg said:

When the sexual energy is refined in a stable way, it is common for the voice to become more cultured as the energy moves from the pelvis to the throat - the higher center of creativity.

The husky sexy voice becomes noticeably smoother and more pleasant

My wife is telling me I'm sounding more like Barry White .