galen_burnett

Kundalini Zhan Zhuang gone wrong. Help.

Hi,

About 8 years ago I had a kundalini experience while doing Zhan Zhuang, the one where you hold your arms in front of your chest with palms facing towards you. Heat rose from my heels and up my back and over my head, accompanied with a strong sensation of bodily and spacial expansion and some strong shaking of my body. But having talked with a teacher in Damo Mitchell’s school I think this happened before I was ready for it. This teacher thinks that the kundalini energy has caused a chi-stagnation in my back, between my shoulder-blades, and that it is the cause of my chronic back-pain that I have had since around the time of that experience. I had only been doing qi-gong for maybe a couple of years before it happened. 

So how do I undo it? The teacher I mentioned has suggested a simple tai-chi wuji posture. But I had until very recently been doing a hard yang wuji posture for about 6 months to try and fix it, without any success; so I just have some hesitations about whether this other wuji posture, the simple tai-chi one, will work also… Sorry if you see this, said teacher! I just want to explore the issue completely before I commit to months of trying any particular strategy.

Are there methods in other spiritual practices, like in pranayama, that could undo it? 

Cheers.

@galen_burnett

I suggest that you seek out a doctor of chinese medicine.

It's dicey whether you can find one who can address this appropriately (and dr's of Ch. medicine vary widely in skill, right fit, etc, just in general)... however, if you find one that can help you it might be the best resource.

If you live in an area that has an abundance of dr's of Ch. medicine, I suggest that you inquire to find those who've studied Kiiko Matsumoto's style of acupuncture.  My experience is that that style is exceptionally effective, in general.  If not, then any right fit.  See how it goes for the first few treatments.  Be discerning, trust your own perceptions and feelings of results.

best of luck,

Trunk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The real problem with improper stimulation of the kundalini is the burning out of veils that prevent too early stimulation of particular energy centers.  Damage can last several incarnations.

In your case there looks to be damage in the top of the base chakra,  the top of the sacral chakra,  midway up the heart chakra, bottom of throat chakra

It is better to restore the veils.  It seems that several years of the heart flame exercise will be sufficient.  I have posted it on this site before

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Trunk said:

@galen_burnett

I suggest that you seek out a doctor of chinese medicine.

It's dicey whether you can find one who can address this appropriately (and dr's of Ch. medicine vary widely in skill, right fit, etc, just in general)... however, if you find one that can help you it might be the best resource.

If you live in an area that has an abundance of dr's of Ch. medicine, I suggest that you inquire to find those who've studied Kiiko Matsumoto's style of acupuncture.  My experience is that that style is exceptionally effective, in general.  If not, then any right fit.  See how it goes for the first few treatments.  Be discerning, trust your own perceptions and feelings of results.

best of luck,

Trunk

Thanks a lot. That sounds good.

1 minute ago, Lairg said:

The real problem with improper stimulation of the kundalini is the burning out of veils that prevent too early stimulation of particular energy centers.  Damage can last several incarnations.

In your case there looks to be damage in the top of the base chakra,  the top of the sacral chakra,  midway up the heart chakra, bottom of throat chakra

It is better to restore the veils.  It seems that several years of the heart flame exercise will be sufficient.  I have posted it on this site before

Thanks for that. I will look into that. But how did you know about my chakras? I saw a chakra-worker/ chakra-clearer before, who had already demonstrated their ability on someone at this retreat I was on, and they said my chakras were completely clear and fine.

2 hours ago, galen_burnett said:

how did you know about my chakras?

I looked at them

• Like 1

23 hours ago, galen_burnett said:

Thanks for that. I will look into that. But how did you know about my chakras? I saw a chakra-worker/ chakra-clearer before, who had already demonstrated their ability on someone at this retreat I was on, and they said my chakras were completely clear and fine.

Keep in mind that sometimes people’s view of what you’ve shared, or their own issues and whatnot can color what they “see”. I would suggest trusting your own sense regarding your chakras. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Keep in mind that sometimes people’s view of what you’ve shared, or their own issues and whatnot can color what they “see”. I would suggest trusting your own sense regarding your chakras. 

Yes, I agree. Thanks.

50 minutes ago, EFreethought said:

In all seriousness, how did you look at this person's chakras?

On each plane and subplane it is possible to accumulate substance and turn it into various sense organs.  It usually takes years of inner and outer work.  

Examples of subtle senses include:

- sense of justice

- sense of foreboding

- sense of humor

- sense of direction

These senses are developed in the lightbody/aura.  Sometimes lightbodies can be shared to extend temporarily such senses.

Other beings can assist.  For example if I want a friend to see something (yesterday: looking at a deceased friend) I will look at the target ask the person to visualize it too.  Usually the person will be able to see details that I did not describe.  In the case yesterday she could see our deceased friend with scales on his lightbody.   As it happens he is moving to an amphibious group for reincarnation.

Such temporary extension of inner senses often occurs in group meditation   

My friend was much cheered by seeing that our deceased friend was happy.  Also he then gave her a ball of light that energised her lightbody. 

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 1:02 PM, galen_burnett said:

Hi,

About 8 years ago I had a kundalini experience while doing Zhan Zhuang, the one where you hold your arms in front of your chest with palms facing towards you. Heat rose from my heels and up my back and over my head, accompanied with a strong sensation of bodily and spacial expansion and some strong shaking of my body. But having talked with a teacher in Damo Mitchell’s school I think this happened before I was ready for it. This teacher thinks that the kundalini energy has caused a chi-stagnation in my back, between my shoulder-blades, and that it is the cause of my chronic back-pain that I have had since around the time of that experience. I had only been doing qi-gong for maybe a couple of years before it happened. 

How old are you?   Does this body sensation happens once or continuously?  So far your only problem is back pain? 

Kundalini and Chi Kung are completely different and mixing them will be to your peril.

3 hours ago, Master Logray said:

How old are you?   Does this body sensation happens once or continuously?  So far your only problem is back pain? 

Kundalini and Chi Kung are completely different and mixing them will be to your peril.

I didn’t try to activate it; it just happened one day. 30. The sensations I described happened altogether that one time; a few instances in the years since I’ve had that sensation of spacial expansion, on its own, while sitting meditating—again without looking for it. Just the back pain yes: back-muscles lock-up whenever I’m exposed to certain everyday stressors (like certain chores, or reading a book); especially  around the spine at the level of the shoulder-blades.

1 minute ago, galen_burnett said:

I didn’t try to activate it; it just happened one day. 30. The sensations I described happened altogether that one time; a few instances in the years since I’ve had that sensation of spacial expansion, on its own, while sitting meditating—again without looking for it. Just the back pain yes: back-muscles lock-up whenever I’m exposed to certain everyday stressors (like certain chores, or reading a book); especially  around the spine at the level of the shoulder-blades.

Younger people tend to activate energies easier than others.   I suppose you are younger, accumulate some Chi or due to other reasons like stress, lifestyles, not enough sleep  - virtual/excess fire (similar symptoms).   These sensations usually are not that important and you should not pursue them.

Orbiting of Chi does commonly get stuck at the back and neck, which are narrower gateways.  But you are not doing that. And it requires a teacher on the many happenings along the way. 

Back pain could be due to postural issues or sitting too long.

If you are worried, just use the simplest ZZ styles, don't go too low, pay attention to the bottom of your feet during ZZ to draw the excess Chi down, sleep well.   Those simplest styles only add to your level of Kung Fu and help to quiet the mind, what you do won't be wasted in the long term.

p.s.

I'm pretty sure that this is obvious to you at this point, :lol:, but worth pointing out in general ...

Super important to slow down during (and in recovering) from extreme energetic shifts (such as kundalini).

There are stages where we appropriately train really hard (and wisely, so as not to injure) to get various certain things to happen, but if you adopt that as a permanent extreme-macho-spiritual ethic, you can *really* mess yourself up when kundalini awakens.

As kundalini (or etc) enters your system, various more subtle aspects of the body gradually turn on, over years.  Partly spontaneously, due to the presence of that resonant energy, just time.  Partly by not injuring yourself (through excess or other) & (hopefully maybe) doing skillful things when you do them.

One of my teachers said something to the effect that, "you get to a place and the kind of problems you have reverse".  There's too much energy, emptiness is too available, etc.  The simplest (and most obvious) advice: don't hit the gas hard.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 2:33 AM, Lairg said:

On each plane and subplane it is possible to accumulate substance and turn it into various sense organs.  It usually takes years of inner and outer work.  

Examples of subtle senses include:

- sense of justice

- sense of foreboding

- sense of humor

- sense of direction

These senses are developed in the lightbody/aura.  Sometimes lightbodies can be shared to extend temporarily such senses.

Other beings can assist.  For example if I want a friend to see something (yesterday: looking at a deceased friend) I will look at the target ask the person to visualize it too.  Usually the person will be able to see details that I did not describe.  In the case yesterday she could see our deceased friend with scales on his lightbody.   As it happens he is moving to an amphibious group for reincarnation.

Such temporary extension of inner senses often occurs in group meditation   

My friend was much cheered by seeing that our deceased friend was happy.  Also he then gave her a ball of light that energised her lightbody. 

I do not think this answers the question: Did you actually look at this person's chakras? Did you meet them in person? And if not, how can you diagnose chakras over the internet?

2 minutes ago, EFreethought said:

how can you diagnose chakras over the internet?

I diagnosed them over the planet.

When someone posts a message there is an energy link between the posting and the poster.  I can follow the link and have a look

No doubt you recall the famous line in Shakespeare's Hamlet:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy"

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, EFreethought said:

I do not think this answers the question: Did you actually look at this person's chakras? Did you meet them in person? And if not, how can you diagnose chakras over the internet?

Forget it .   These types never give a straight answer and often just insert random thought trains triggered by a concept ,phrase or even single words and  gush out random  declarations of 'powers'  to satisfy 'spiritual' ego .  Then finish with a flourish of polite  passive aggressive 'ticking off'  .

.... I was  on a train once  .... my guides told me it was about to crash , several  astral squid reptilians had taken remote control from their invisible UFO , I managed to defeat them though on the mental plane , saving the train and the lives  of all aboard . . . I can do a 'spirit clearance on you  if you like, just give me permission first   .... oh. what the hell, I'll do it 'for you'  any way .

th?id=OIP.e7Zv378hQvXNjIQb3cjm0AHaE8%26pid=Api&f=1&ipt=2f7e7e163b028346febb6f5127e31bee74a236aa108d4b312936ba968e22c90c&ipo=images

You can send a donation though  (  I just ran out of 'Urban Shaman Eye Makeup' .  )

Edited by Nungali

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

… random thought trains …

Yes, right-brain associative thinking needs to be balanced with left-brain logic. :)

… 'spiritual' ego …

Yes, imo the core of neidan is 虛心 xu1 xin1  (become humble).

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, EFreethought said:

He didn’t meet me, no.

On 3/12/2023 at 4:38 PM, Lairg said:

I diagnosed them over the planet.

When someone posts a message there is an energy link between the posting and the poster.  I can follow the link and have a look

No doubt you recall the famous line in Shakespeare's Hamlet:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy"

Fine, I'll bite:

How are my chakras?

16 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Did you get a PM at least?

I thought there was a reply about an entity giving me bad thoughts or controlling my thoughts on top of my head, and that I should send it heart light. But it looks like it got deleted.

I guess heart light is like barbeque sauce: it is the answer for everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1