EFreethought

Chakras and Dantiens

In another topic, the discussion turned to chakras vs dantiens (I started a new topic to not derail that discussion too much)

My questions: Are these the same thing? If not, can both exist?

For reasons I cannot articulate, I have always had this idea in the back of my mind that we have either chakras or dantiens. If they are not the same, how is this possible? Is the human body like a radio of sorts? Just as a radio can tune into to different stations on different frequencies, can humans tap into different energy systems? Can people develop BOTH chakras and dantiens?

All systems are mental constructs that can be discarded when the goal has been reached. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 3

“They are conceptual structures yet are phenomenologically based, since they tend to be located where human beings experience emotional and/or spiritual energy … there are a few centers which are found in all systems: lower belly or sexual center, heart, and in or near the crown of the head …”

https://hareesh.org/blog/2016/2/5/the-real-story-on-the-chakras 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

All systems are mental constructs that can be discarded when the goal has been reached. 

I am not entirely sure this is true.

For example, Pythagoras told  us that numbers are alive.  It is my experience that numbers become unhappy when they are misused.

Also it is common that the intelligence of the sacral chakra becomes traumatised from severe physical pain.  Women often suffer after a difficult birth. 

My wife complained that after a month her body still was not healing.  So I gave her sacral chakra spirit some heart-light and it immediately cheered up and my wife recovered her health.

Edited by Lairg

14 minutes ago, Lairg said:

I am not entirely sure this is true. …

You do you. :) 

Edited by Cobie

These days there are more and more people who say dantien is smth u build, a container u build where u can store energy there. It's not smth you're born with. 

Sacral chakra is smth everyone has. 

Also people use the word dantien in different contex to mean different things. That becomes confusing.

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

From a diagram of dantiens it seems that the dantien in the head corresponds with the head chakra, the chest dantien with the heart chakra and the pelvis dantien with the sacral chakra.

In the Hindu tradition there seem to be:

- 7 major chakras

- 42 secondary chakras (e.g. palms of hands)

- 343 tertiary chakras (e.g. joints of fingers)

All the humans I have examined are born with a full set - but often some chakras arrive damaged.  For example my sacral chakra did not like confined spaces for a couple of decades.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lairg said:

From a diagram of dantiens it seems that the dantien in the head corresponds with the head chakra, the chest dantien with the heart chakra and the pelvis dantien with the sacral chakra.

In the Hindu tradition there seem to be:

- 7 major chakras

- 42 secondary chakras (e.g. palms of hands)

- 343 tertiary chakras (e.g. joints of fingers)

All the humans I have examined are born with a full set - but often some chakras arrive damaged.  For example my sacral chakra did not like confined spaces for a couple of decades.

i am familiar with the 108 marmas but not the secondary or tertiary chakras you mention.  Is there a textual source for these? Thanks. 

There is not a lot of detail but I found this:

"The eighth point, the vital life, functioning through the seven centres and a whole system of lesser chakras and the nadis (which underlie the nerves and are the cause of their existence as the centres are of the glands) is the medium of many forces and energies—some purely physical, others related to the Anima Mundi, the World Soul, and others unknown as yet, because they will only make their presence felt later in the evolutionary programme. They will then express divinity, the energy of the Father or the highest aspect."

https://www.lucistrust.org/online_books/a_treatise_on_white_magic_obooks/rule_ten1/the_centres_energies_and_rays

https://malankazlev.com/kheper/topics/chakras/secondary.html

Let's not forget there are also meridians. I'm an acupuncturist, couldn't help myself lol